It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If women Ran the Economy: A medical Study

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
gmy.news.yahoo.com...

This is just amazing. There's apparently a medical link to women being more capable of handling such complicated issues as economics, and politics in more coordinated and organized fashion. Makes you think doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
that may be true.
But this is not about responsible economics, this is about deliberately causing a world wide depression to usher in a one world goverment run by the banks.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I want to hear from my fellow guys in this thread, but to be honest I'm more interested in what the women of ATS have to say, in detail, about what is going on in the economy and what solutions they would offer. We have heard quite a bit from many men already...But today is the day for women. I think their opinions on such matters are often stifled and overshadowed by the voices of men who often dominate the financial world. So I am definitely interested in HER opinion more so than his.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
gmy.news.yahoo.com...

This is just amazing. There's apparently a medical link to women being more capable of handling such complicated issues as economics, and politics in more coordinated and organized fashion. Makes you think doesn't it?

Yea, there are an awful lot of areas where it should almost be mandatory for women to be in charge... Economics, legal areas and head of armed forces are three positions that spring to mind instantly.

I would keep them away from foreign relations though, too much bitching..

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Fair enough. But this is really about whether or not women are more capable of dealing with such issues in more organized ways. Do you think this is so? We have many of these bankers that we often vilify(Not without merit) who are men, predominantly, by far. So what do you think? Would we be discussing a whole different model of world governance if women ran the economy? What would the NWO look like from the female point of view?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have no doubt that a woman could run the economy much better than a man.
I think that you will probably find that the happy house holds are the one where the woman is in charge of the money.
they tend to see further than next week especially if children are involved.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
That's why I give all of my money to my girlfriend...She is so much better with it than I am. In practice this also seems to be very tried and true.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
That's why I give all of my money to my girlfriend..

I used to do the same whenever I had a good bit of cash that I wanted to save.

About six weeks after we broke up, I was completely broke

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That's why I'm keeping this one. I get a better return on my investment(Won't get into that here)
and she is much better than a bank as she doesn't spend all the money, only what is needed to keep lights on and roof over head.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I don't care whether tomorrows leaders are men or women.

I want them to be good at what they do.

Reagan and Thatcher : good leaders, their gender is irrelevant.

Saying that women are simply better overall is a ridiculous feminist policy, similar to women being automatically granted custody of the child in a divorce proceeding.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well there are merits to this story, and I agree. But it seems the men as of late have NOT been good at their jobs. And besides, men rule the world as it stands now. If the roles were reversed would their jobs be done any differently? I think so. Women I've worked for have been far better managers, and female financiers(Most men call them spouses but for the sake of this discussion we'll use the classic definition) tend to be very good at their jobs, in many cases surpassing the capabilities of their male counterparts. So gender may not mean much to you, but the evidence suggests that it does, indeed, play a role.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Women? Women?! Where are you!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, I'm off to bed. I hope to see the female ATS community weigh in on this one when I come back. This is a good topic I think and ads levity to an otherwise overwhelmingly grim situation. Good night!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No it doesn't interest me because I see evil people like Pelosi ruining this country.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This isn't a real surprise to many women.

Of course if shes the woman's woman, rather than a woman raised to think patriarchal as most politicians end up being, then the economics would be providing for a civilized society with many social programs and small business
start ups, not military.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864

No it doesn't interest me because I see evil people like Pelosi ruining this country.

Yup this is proof that corruption and economic ineptness has indeed closed the gender gap.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am woman... hear me RAWR! Hehe... you asked for it...

IMO it's not an issue of man or woman in power, but that the power is too BIG. People, whether men or women, are seduced quickly by power and the bigger the power the bigger the seduction. The Federal Government is WAY too big and WAY to involved in things that should only be the purview of state and local governments. I would much rather pay higher state and local taxes and lower federal taxes because I believe that it would be MUCH more efficiently managed - the people paying the taxes are MUCH closer to the state government. I am not saying there's not a federal government role because I do think there is, for example, national defense.

Again, my whole thing here is that BIG power creates BIG corruption so let's decrease the power.

[edit on 13/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
On the household level I do think that women tend to be better at running the finances. Whether that is a genetic difference or a culturally imbued one I do not know but I have seen it played out quite a bit.

I can think of some couples where the woman is a monetary seive and the man does the finances too so this is by no means exclusive. Typically it's the woman doing it because she is the one that keeps track of how much food, clothes, bills, household goods and repairs are needed.

However once you step outside of the household and into the world of politics I think the gender is irrelevant. Power and money corrupt, it doesn't matter what the genetalia looks like.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think whoever is best at running a business should run a business and the results should speak for themselves based on the success of the company. Selecting someone to run a business based on gender rather then performance would be crazy and if your talking about the government then I feel the government needs to be less involved in the economy, not more. Remember this crisis was caused by the government forcing the banks to take on risky loans so politicans could boast about all the new home owners created under them. The government should just concentrate on balancing their budget and focus on services that only the government could realistically provide e.g. military, roads, police, fire ect.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Jacob08]

<<   2 >>

join