It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your computer is your enemy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think it is quite obvious that the government can spy on us through computers.

They have many more powers too. It all comes with technology.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So and do they spy on the whole world too? Or is it a special version just for americans? How do they process and analyze all data from all the million windows-based computers on earth? By "key words"? As soon as you mention one of those key words, the echelon starts monitoring your pc?

God sometimes paranoia reaches critical levels... like fema coffins!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You don't need to change your OS. Just get yourself something like LittleSnitch (it's a mac app, but there are similar on Windows). It will tell you everytime an *outbound* communication is started by any application on your computer. Don't want any? Forbit any communication for any application and you're safer than before.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
people they have NSA/Homeland security connections at ALL broadband connections at your local ISP...they can monitor everything from email to phone calls

sty

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
well, i believe that the OP post is almost true. This is why I use Linux on the coputer that hosts personal/sensitive data. Windows for the computers that do not matter ( for yahoo videos , listening to music etc ). Never online banking or e-bay etc without Linux. And for paranoics : use Knopix from DVD (does not even require your pc to have a harddrive, you do not install anything into your comp, just boot your pc with this knopix dvd !) .

[edit on 14-2-2009 by sty]

sty

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

"they" know your location with a precision of meters as long as they can get your IP. The IP is an unique number each computer needs to access the Internet. Every time you connect to the internet, your Internet provider assigns this kind of number (called IP) to your computer. The pool of available IP number is limited in each country, so you can tell the country where the number comes from. As you would know that if I call you and my number starts with +44 - then I am located in the UK.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

And they can probably in many cases just get into you PC and find out exsactly who you are.

Does anyone know that when you buy a computer it has its own ID that is then matched with the owner?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

"they" know your location with a precision of meters as long as they can get your IP. The IP is an unique number each computer needs to access the Internet. Every time you connect to the internet, your Internet provider assigns this kind of number (called IP) to your computer. The pool of available IP number is limited in each country, so you can tell the country where the number comes from. As you would know that if I call you and my number starts with +44 - then I am located in the UK.

I hate to bring logic into this and all but the IP address of your computer almost NEVER resolves to such a precise location as the home address of a end user. More often than not it will resolve to a local branch of your Internet Service Provider, which unless you live in their basement will not be the same as your home address.

Sure you can nail down country of origin with an IP address, but having the country and the precise location with only meters of possible error cannot be done with commonly available tools and information. "They" however could simply call the ISP who owns the IP in question and request billing information about the customer currently assigned that address. But then you have spoofed traffic, tunneling with SSH/VNC, and wireless to completely blow this ill informed concept to the well known smithereens.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just curious but what did the creators of Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, BSD, etc do before they created there software is there really any full background info on any of them.

As for building on Linux I think that is still a bad idea why not create something completely from scratch instead of relying on the base code of something else; that way you know for sure your enemies will know nothing about it.

Just as every government probably has a team of people to hack, OSX & Windows, they probably got people working on Linux, BSD etc also.

The common user is going to go with whatever is easy to them and does what they want to do have it be music, games, work, internet, photography, web design etc. have it be Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD, Symbian etc

Don forget that these governments are probably making money by training citizens and companies on how to use the new government os.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by sty

And they can probably in many cases just get into you PC and find out exsactly who you are.

Does anyone know that when you buy a computer it has its own ID that is then matched with the owner?

How would they know I have never registered a computer, never connected to my internet, never called the company and paid with cash, unless they are following me from store to home and where ever else I go how do they know its me I could be buying a gift.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join