It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found A Cure For Hayfever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

I use the high tech version of the neti pot, a squeeze bottle filled with the accompanying saline solution that comes with the unit.

It is astonishing how much crap you blow out of your sinus's with just the first use.

Daily flushing of the sinus cavities has made my allageries almost non existent. Makes since, blow out the offending allergens and get relief.

Plucking out your nasal hairs seem an extreme solution to a simple problem.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Do you get some kind of sick pleasure, knowing that you're making people stand over a tiny mirror, pulling out their nose hairs one by one as their eyes water?

How would this possibly work. Look at what the function of nose hair is... to act as a filter and keep dust and dirt out. So how would removing your nose hair make it BETTER?

Maybe the hairs trap pollen so that it irritates you all day, but then I should just be able to dip my fingers in water and rub the insides of my nostrils, and my allergies will magically be gone.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just a thought,. Allergies come and go. I never had any allergies until I turned 20. They were prety severe (hay fever) through my 20's and seem to have diminished over time since. I use a saline spray all year. Spring through fall for allergy and winter just to relieve the dryness. Seems to help with snoring, too.

Now maybe you haven't had as problem since you plucked out (no way for me, BTW) all your nose hairs, but correlation does not imply causation. Maybe they would've gone away anyway.

I appreciate the attempt to render some useful advice to the community
but beyond being just skeptical, it seems to me a Draconian measure. I couldn't do that little teapot thing, either. It seems like it would be a more refined and controlled version of waterboarding. Makes my eyes water just thinking about it. Just my $0.02.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright I couldn't do that little teapot thing, either. It seems like it would be a more refined and controlled version of waterboarding. Makes my eyes water just thinking about it.

That was my first reaction to the idea too. But since you control the water flow yourself, it's really not that bad.

Although I also prefer the squeeze bottle version rather than the little teapot.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by Ian McLean

Hi Ian , Thank you for welcoming me to ATS, your question will be answered if you just put down your bourbon and read my post again lol, ive proved it works.

he didn't ask if it works,,, but WHY you think it does,,,,your possible reasoning behind it

r u sure you didn't have whiskey with his bourbon????

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I was just going over my profile and went over my first ever thread. I discovered that perhaps i should have named it 'I found MY cure for Hayfever', it prolly would have saved alot of back lash. Besides, im still using the same remedy today and its working fine

Anyways, just thought id add that, have a sneeze free day

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I had to laugh - guess what I did today?

I plucked out all my nose hairs - not that there were many, but I have this thing about nose hairs showing.

So, hurray!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Haha thanks for posting this. I have to admit I was a little surprised when I saw the answer. I was hoping the cure for hayfever wouldn't involve inflicting excruciating pain on myself! However, I guess it might work, I mean the nose hairs must detect the pollen and that's why we have an allergic reaction. Without the nose hairs maybe there's no way for the body to detect the pollen? Might work!

Edit: If anybody has the cure for onions I would seriously like to know.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by IrnBruFiend]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

My solution solution............

www.youtube.com...

Actually you can improvise any type of squirt bottle and buy a saline solution at the drug store. It really works and imo helps prevent colds and flu.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join