It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found A Cure For Hayfever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Please give this alittle bump on your way through so more peopl can read it and enjoy a better quality of life .

Hey all, this is my first thread and as the old cliche goes ' long time lurker, yada yada yada '

Im from Australia, im 3 decades young, have a thirst for knowledge and thrive to know whats just around the corner. And thanks to alot of you here at ATS i can come home from a hard days work, have a tub, throw the ball with my mate ( see avatar, Gravy,3 year old Border Collie x Aussie Shepard) and log into my 2nd home...ATS.

I read almost every thread i see in the hope of wisdom and understanding, some of you guys are demons the way you all present your information and get your word across, there are a few threads i would like to start myself.

Now for your gift, i believe that i have stumbled across what i believe to be a 90% cure for hayfever. I say 90% because most of your nasal allergy probs will go away, but as we all know, we all have a nemisis. For that i allow 10%.

This technique has been trialed myself for many years now with great success, 6 other friends have also cottoned for quite sometime and vouch for it as a life saver. btw, a good conspiracy is what the hell do they put on tissues, ever noticed that your allergy hangs around longer when you use them haha??

Theres no source
Theres no links
Theres no mad scientist from a website to back up my claims

The proof is in the pudding.

PLUCK OUT ALL OF YOUR NOSE HAIRS

Its that easy, try it for a month, and get back to me. Do it now before spring comes for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere. No longer will those stuff days wreck your good times.

Please reply if you have any results, or are a little skeptic, i will try to reply to all (im a very slow typer). Give it a fair go is all i ask and maybe on this account we can jam the pharmaceutical companys on there hayfever market.
Enjoy

P.S. Mods, wasnt sure where to put this

[edit on 13/2/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Why do you think this works? Does it work if you just trim them?

Thanks, and welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Hi Ian , Thank you for welcoming me to ATS, your question will be answered if you just put down your bourbon and read my post again lol, ive proved it works.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Okay, I'll bite.

Just tell me how you plucked out all your nose hairs? Hell, I have a hard enough time just trimming them.

What do you do stick a dental mirror and a a bright light so you can see up in there and pull one out at a time?

On one hand having a sensitive nose I suppose the nose hairs are just a sensory extension, but another part of me is thinking you're going to be rolling on the ground laughing after getting people to go through the painful process of pulling out all their nose hairs.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There is a reason why there are hairs in your nose. Now that you dont have that first line of defense of keeping out contaminants from getting into your lungs, you may have resolved the typical "nose cold" issue, but what about your risk now of lung issues?

Dont break out the wine and party hats just yet till you do about another year or two of self guina pig research before suggesting to people to do what you did.

Get back to us about a year or two with this and let us know if you also avoid chest/lung issues.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Funny last paragraph Lowfrequency, but i sear to you this is not a sadistic trick. Was just a gift from me to ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Absolutely!
They're there for a reason.

Now, being a girl, quite frankly mine are fine (as in I can't feel them, see them or aware they're there). As far as I know we don't need to trim them or the hair in our ears either!

Also it is unwise to pull, tug or squeeze tiny areas in this middle region of your face because you can inflict permanent nerve damage.

I have a cure for the opposite of your hair removal. It's hair growth, but I can't tell you ..... you'll just have to use your imagination and ask yourself who are the hippies and why do they have such long hair?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Hi RFburns, i enjoy reading your reply posts to threads along with Phage and Greeneyed Leo, DImensional Detective and The OzWeatherman.mostly i like the way you burn the OP on your way through.

This time its different, im the target, it kinda feels good i must say.

Now my question to you is Why should i come back in a couple of years to tell you i have lung issues? If you read the thread you'd have noticed where i said ive doin it for years,started doing it as a habbit around 2001, doing it ever since....and come to think of it, i havnt even had the flu since, nor have i had the 'ALL IMPORTANT FLU JAB'.... what a crock. Im very fit, part time sprinter, gymnast and footy player and work as a Bricklayer by day.
TRY IT BEFORE YOU DENY IT, and if it turns out RFburns that you dont even have hayfever to begin with, then you may seem to me like your just trolling for points

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So what happens to the people who chew boogies??
2nd
Third

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
So what happens to the people who chew boogies??
2nd
Third

I recommend this thread on BTS: Eating your own boogers to answer that question.

As for the hay fever solution; I would recommend nasal rinsing with saline instead. It'll clear out any irritants stuck in the hair (which I assume is the purpose of getting rid of the hair) but won't leave you without that protective barrier

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

In the case of allergies you can simply outgrow them or develop them.
It's also possible your climate has changed and pollutants or pollens in the air have changed, or something else within you has changed and given you immunity.

But hey if it works for you ... carry on plucking!

Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Now my question to you is Why should i come back in a couple of years to tell you i have lung issues? If you read the thread you'd have noticed where i said ive doin it for years,started doing it as a habbit around 2001, doing it ever since....and come to think of it, i havnt even had the flu since, nor have i had the 'ALL IMPORTANT FLU JAB'.... what a crock. Im very fit, part time sprinter, gymnast and footy player and work as a Bricklayer by day.

I have not had any flu since I was a kid. Never had any flu shots since I was a kid, and dont intend to prick out the hairs in my nose either.

You say you have been doing this as a "habit" since 2001. Tell me something, how often do you blow your nose? And tho this might sound gross to some, but how much do you notice in the tissue afterwards?

Is it less or more? Thats an important question because if its less, then you can bet what should be captured by those hairs is now in your lungs.

I did read your OP, and did see you have been doing this since 2001. What you dont understand here is that it doesnt happen overnight for lung issues to start, you could be on that edge, within a year or two, of having severe problems. Which is why I said, get back to us in a year or two.

Do you cough up alot of junk, or breath heavier since 2001? Notice any roughness in your breaths? No blockage or..???

TRY IT BEFORE YOU DENY IT,

I dont deny anything. If it works for you thats great! I tend to stick to nature and the body's natural ability to fight off disease, which is why I have not been sick in decades. Plus my Native American traits and knowlege help in that aspect as well.

...and if it turns out RFburns that you dont even have hayfever to begin with, then you may seem to me like your just trolling for points

Sorry but I dont "troll" for points. If I see something I want to reply about, I post. You wont find me posting in every single forum on this site every minute of every day like some do, who obviously DO troll for points. I only post in topics that strike an interest, this was one of them. My interest was in knowing if you considered the risks to your lungs after removing the first line of defense for them.

Anyway hope it works for the long term. We all have our own little bag of tricks to keep healthy. But plucking out the hairs in my nose is not one of them.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hmm this is a new one!
I tend to agree with RF Burns though, removing the nose hairs is just shifting the problem elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hi scubagravy,

Welcom to ATS. You sure have a nice doggie! I am very sensitive to avatars and the doggie eyes just say: trust me i know whay I am doing

But fortunately I don't suffer from hay fever, though I got interested in your thread beacuse myself being sort of a witch doctor, I am always interested in alternative healing.

I was wondering how you manage to pluck ALL the hairs out of your nose?!You must have rather large nasal cavaties! And you repeat that process, what, every 4 weeks or so? And you never get any nasty infections in your nose?

I take it that you don't have a girlfriend? Because we women are of course the experts on the territory of trying to ban every single bodily hair and I cannot imagine she would encourage you in plucking out your nose hair.

How do you come up with such an idea in the first place I wonder? On a rainy day or something. I am just curious!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hi Leapoffaith,
Thankyou for your kind remarks for my friend in the avatar. i didnt come up with it on a rainy day, it just developed as a habbit sitting there watching tv, and your right, i do have a girlfriend and it was suggested to rid the few hairs that were south of the border

As ive said before im fit, my friends who have been doing it for while too, they say it works.They are all also fit.

I do agree with RFburns comments, i like to think im analytical, think with reason and am decisive in my ways but im just sharing something that works for me and a few.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I found a better way that doesnt ruin the filter that the nose hairs create. Just take Glucosamine for about a month, a pill in the am and one at night. Yes I know its meant for arthritis, but a side benefit is that it actually cures you of hay fever.
I used to have hay fever so bad in the mid 1990's that I was wishing I was dead rather than go through another allergy attack...my teeth would vibrate from me sneezing so hard.
I found out about Glucosamine from a friend of mine who played bridge with friends of hers and they told her about the great side effect that Glucosamine had on them. So I figured, why not, and gave it a try. I have been allergy free for a decade now. Now this only works with hayfever, pollen, etc not food allergies that I know of.

Oh, BTW, Glucosamine is an amino sugar that our bodies make until we turn 16 yrs old, so its a natural cure and I am so glad I no longer have hay fever attacks.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Dude, I have accidentally pulled out nose hairs thinking it was just a loose hair that was tickling my nose and it hurt like a mutha. I would not prurposfully go and pull each one out just to avoid hay feaver, i would rathetr just deal with the hay feaver. It is like hitting yourself in the foot with a hammer to help ignore your headache.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
For those of you with hayfever, here's something you might try. If you have a local bee keeper, get some honey from him. If you eat the honey, you will build up your immunity to the local pollen in the air. I heard about this fairly recently. My daughter has hayfever really bad and I'm going to try it as soon as I can. The honey has to be from local bees.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
anyone ever pulled a nose hair out by accident?

i've done it a few times and it ALWAYS leads to a pimple inside the nose which is the single most painful thing ever

FACT!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
At first sign of sinus or allergy symptoms I swear and live by neti pots. I do this daily at first sign until I have no more symptoms. Been doing this for almost 3 years and I usually have many sinus issues and have dropped to 1 maybe 2 a year.

You should be able to get them at most health stores and even GNC.

Here is a link to GNC's sinucleanse neti pot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join