It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent Ufo sighting captured on film.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I agree this is good footage , definitely UFO's.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Truth Project

Thanks TTP, I'm leaning that way myself. The way the lights puslate and luminate is too cool, I'd love to see this from my b-yard any night.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

I wish you good luck and hope that you are the one who takes that picture that nobody can deny. Somebody has to.

A funny story about Colorado: I was camping at Elevenmile reservoir on the South Park one summer. It was a dark night out with no moon and stars were in abundance like you can only see them in the high country. I was starwatching and noticed some flashing lights appear in the sky out of nowhere and they started to descend towards the ground. They would move right, then left and did not look like any airplane I have ever seen........... Then I realized it was an ambulance or police car descending the mountain switchbacks toward the valley floor.

[edit on 2-13-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thats awsome
and your right about the sky being that way it's cool! I love the mountains just wish I could go more. And all the luck to you as well in your hunting.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Truth Project
I agree this is good footage , definitely UFO's.
I think that as well - but if we can get some answers from the poster on YT or from the original videographer that would be great.. I have posted and comment on the site for the poster or the individual who took the vid (if not the poster of the vid) to get us some day time shots of where he was at the time of the shoot.. Hope they respond in a positive fashion..... Peace Out and keep looking up!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bskivss3
I was quite intrigued at first until 6:37s.

It appears this guy is filming the moon indeed yes and he does caught something strange. But when the clock reaches 6:37 he get a shot of some tree branches in the way.

I do not know where he is from, but it could be fireflies or even some Christmas light in other trees a couple kilometers away.

I know X-mas light? YEAH RIGHT! But still, there are trees and he is filming through them.

Fireflies would absolutely not show on the same frame as the moon with any regular camera because they are way too dim compared to the moon. In fact, I don't even think fireflies are bright enough to be captured on any camera even in absence of any other light sources.

Christmas lights are bright enough, as are many other possible things. the low elevation does make it more likely that this could have been misidentification. but who knows.

-rrr

just to back up my assertion about fireflies:

photo.net...

They certainly won't show up on video if they require exposure times in the range of 3 to 60 seconds

[edit on 13-2-2009 by rickyrrr]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hdchop

I hope the person responds, I'd like to see some day shots as well good call on that! keep us posted.I'm trying to dig up some more info as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Cool video. I’m no expert so shoot me down for even mentioning flare in the optics, but:
  1. he says he can’t see the ufos with the naked eye, only in the camera
  2. he’s got a single bright image, which is an excellent way to get flare
  3. the ufos are the same shape as the moon
  4. they double-up at times (second image from the other side of the glass)
  5. the geometry is really clean.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is quite a nice find , my feeling its real, this sounds genuine as well. Compared to close to 300 ATS'ers watching the spin on a soccer this was diff worth the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I somehow feel that explanations from skeptics (who are very creative in their explanations) have become more interesting than UFO vids.

Nonetheless, excellent video.
UFOs are real!

Greetings

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by branty
Compared to close to 300 ATS'ers watching the spin on a soccer this was diff worth the time.

But you must admit it was very creative.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Interesting vid. For once I didn't feel like I had been robbed of 9 minutes.

But in the hierarchy of hypotheses you must first discount satellites, which is what it looked like to me. These could well appear in the fringe wavelengths (such as IR reflections) visible on video but not to the naked eye. For the number see link. They even faded in and out like satellites do.

Formation Satellites

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Looks like ufo orbs for sure. Formation changes, change in glow, on off effect, so typical of the ufo orbs. Great film.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
...still waiting for Phage to pop in with some chinese lantern video.

Yup Chinese lanterns. They flicker on and filicker off, seemingly replicating and disappearing. Sorry but its true......I'm a believer, trust me. These however are not UFOS.

The Chinese new year began last month on 01/26/2009 fifteen days later the lantern festival occurs, often with the release of sky lanterns. They come in colors and some end up in the high winds. They are used in many different types of celebrations around the world and are often mistaken for UFOS. In America the festival is shortened as well as in other major cities around the world. With cities hosting public celebrations and the sheer entertainment factor of these cool little buggers they are being released right now in the masses by persons Celebrating or participating in the Chinese new year. They are also mail ordered year round as they have become quite a hot topic in UFO buff's circles...

~Hyp

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey all! I was hoping to see that more had watched the video, I believe to be unexplained orbs in the sky. Seemingly the belief tends to lead to ufo orbs, despite the Chinese lantern and lens flare theory's. I'm leaning to the unexplained side of the boat on this one. It's nice to see also that the hardcore skeptics have all but left this one alone, why? maybe the Chinese lantern explanition just doesn't fit here

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
maybe the Chinese lantern explanition just doesn't fit here

FAKE! FAAAAAAAKEEEEEEE!

Just kidding. I couldn't help it.

Greeting

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In my opinion there's something very fishy about this video. More specifically, what are the dark shapes on the right had side of the moon? If it is foliage then it must be fairly close to the camera because of it's size and if is the case, how are it and the moon both in sharp focus at the same time? It is possible to stop ther lens down (narrow the aperture) to increase the depth of field (increase the distance over which objects will appear in sharp focus together) I might be wrong but this has put doubt in my mind.

MH

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HypnoAsp

I would like to see these things banned on the grounds that they are highly dangerous. I mean, what the hell do we think we're doing launching balls of fire into the sky to float off uncontrolled and set fire to anything they come into contact with......mind bogglingly stupid!!

Actually, that's my official reason for wanting them banned. The truth is they are interfering with my UFO hunting.

MH

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ok guys... at least agree to the FACT that those things are situated lower than the height of branches... then start firing away with your thousand ideas of what it might be while you completely disregard said fact.

That alone makes it more fun than spin on a ball...

*takes one more step away from the middle and towards sceptic camp*

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just bumping this back out for further opinions, I think there's something here and hope more some more insight.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join