It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona boy, 9, will do no time for killing father

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
There’s too much information missing on this highly volatile subject to be able to come to any clear conclusions.

If in fact this kid planned to shoot his father while reloaded the gun repeatedly - in my opinion he should be tried as an adult and put into a mental institution for life (which probably means until he’s 18).

But again, there’s no way to know what’s really involved here (from thsi article at least) so my opinion is a waste of band width.

peace

HAPPY St. VALANTINE'S DAY!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
this is bull, if he did it, the kid should do time, and i'm going to suggest LIFE in a mental hospital. If you put him in jail he's going to come out even crazier than when he went in, then letting him out wouldn't even be an option . . .

If guilty, he's obviously psychotic and a danger to society; i have a hard time believing either one of those traits will change.

Eight is not that young, it's old enough to know you don't go around killing people. I really don't want to hear the abusive father bit either, spankings? are you serious? I know people, including myself who endured much MUCH worse than spankings from their fathers.

[edit on 2/14/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Kid should definitely go into a mental institution, or somewhere where they can watch his every damn movement. Like someone else said, it's the killing of the father's boarder that's strange. I mean, if the kid wanted to kill his dad because of a thousand spankings (that noone knows for sure even happened) then that's one thing, but killing the friend who as far as we know did nothing wrong? That's where it gets weird for me.. suggests he'd thought it through beforehand, especially with the repeat shots fired.. and the way he acted afterwards.. doesn't sound right IMO.

Wonder if maybe the kid's not right in the head or something, has some kind of mental disorder.. though I kno a lot of people owuldn't diagnose anything in someone so young anyway. But then if he's young enough to kill like that.. who knows..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

You sound about as compassionate as the boys father.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkPassenger

Would you think it sane behavior if the boarder had been molesting him and the father beating him?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spacecowgirl

Honestly, I'm not sure. On the one hand, if it was proven then I could understand why the child did it to an extent, but then I'd question as to why the child didn't tell someone, an adult or teacher first, instead of going straight to murdering them. Murder shouldn't be a first option in any circumstances, in my opinion. No matter what the circumstances are.

I don't know, this whole case doesn't sit right with me, as there's no perfect answer. Locking the kid in a juvenile detention centre, given his age, would probably screw him up for life.. but doing nothing? He killed two people, and he should learn that there's consequences for his actions. But.. what are the other options?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
reply to post by JPhish

You sound about as compassionate as the boys father.

I personally lack compassion for cold-blooded murderers, whatever the situation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join