It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffalo plane crash

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I can relate to that too. I'm a pilot and when I'm flying I feel safe as houses but when I sit in an airliner as a passenger I get nervous too.

The odds are extremely low and statistically you have many times greater odds of dying in a car crash. I think if the conditions are really terrible you have to take some responsibility and choose not to fly.

If you wouldn't consider driving in the conditions, then why would you choose to fly ?

Pilots aren't supermen and it's very stressful for pilots to fly in bad weather but people still demand to fly in conditions that they wouldn't feel safe to drive in.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Barack Obama has just said he had just been meeting with Beverly Eckert...curioser and curioser

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

sy....remember, sheesh.....years ago, a very similar incident?

I think it was an ATR operated by an American Airlines contractee....same thing, they were holding, in icing conditions.

YOU know the difference between ANTI-ICE and DE-ICE in flight....turboprops don't have sufficient bleed-air capabilities to provide ANTI-ICE at all times, hence airplanes use the boots....they DE-ICE, when used appropriately.

'boots'....they expand, as air is pumped in....ice cracks, relative wind disperses ice....BUT, used too often, and a ridge of ice can form behind the area protected by the 'boots'.....this is usually the case in 'clear' icing conditions.

(Wish I had a graphic....)

Point is, when in ice....get out! Change altitude, tell ATC, declare an emergency!!!

I was once in a holding pattern, in an MD-80....all anti-ice on, wings and engines....and we were picking up a lot of ice. (Windshields are electrically heated, BTW). BUT, we knew the horizontal stabilizer is NOT anti-iced, on the MD-80. We had to get out of that area....because staying there and letting ice accumulate would have been foolish. ATC understood...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

apparently, she met with obama last week. interesting. i am not jumping to any conclusions...just saying it's...interesting. in addition, it's very interesting to watch the msm overcoverage and interestingly timed of this and in particular the slant they are placing on her. that's all for now.

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by ~Lucidity

That being said, there could have been some sort of esoteric symbolism involved with an intentional downing of a commercial flight.

yes.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

people die by the hundreds of thousands daily, many in far more horrible ways. no one here is being disrespectful that i have seen, and as someone said...this is ats and people here tend to "look" at things. if that bothers you, perhaps you should close your eyes.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It may have been on purpose, to get rid of one person...

thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

very interesting development - on the fact that Beverly Eckert was on board - even a website is wondering if others lost their lives just to get rid of her.

Who was she?

9/11 truth widow, who met with Obama last week.........................

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Lucidity....for once, a clear and cogent response!

Anyone ever hear of the slogan in the news business...."If it bleeds, it leads"???

It is about ratings, and scoops, and getting there first....and it is disgusting.

Pulitzer Prizes, and bears, Oh My!!

We, unfortunately, live in a World dedicated to the instant....instant coffee, instant cereal, instant 'news'....THAT is why people like Limbaugh, and Hannity and, yes, even Olberman have voices.....because they entertain!!!!

This very thread shows us how (and, I am as guilty) in minutes after the event, there is ALWAYS someone spouting evidence, or insinuation.

I hang my head, in shame, for participating. People are dead....loved ones, people who had lives, and I just cannot do anything else except cry for them....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Look, I have some interesting ideas that I'm sure you have all considered.

To me, witness declaring that the plane was on fire in the air

The fact that they said the plane was maneuvering

The fact that the plane was a complete fireball in the air and still being flown

means that a missle shot this poor guy

he did his best to recover

but was ultimately overtaken by the massive fire blast.

Rest in Peace.

We all know what really happened and it is disgusting and a disgrace.

They hyped up the fake Hudson plane landing (That whole thing is a bunch of cameras and mirrors)......

And because the public didn't give a crap really (They got mad)

So they said, fine, you don't like a good story, we'll give you a bad one

They are bitter, quite frankly, childish, and ultimately, embarrassing to live with.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

CJ....can I call you 'CJ'???

OK....let's dissect....I got you UNTIL you mentioned USAir 1549, in the Hudson, as FAKE!!!

Dude (or dudette)....you have no idea what you're talking about, so don't, anymore.

'nuf said...no point in wasting time here....move along, people....'nothin' to see here, move along.....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Canadian made jet that crashed in Buffalo,Canadian Geese that brought down Flight 1549...strange.

BTW who lived in the house that the plane hit?Could the plane have been guided?

Yes I am a conspiracy nut but far to many planes have come down in the New York area.Let's not forget after 9/11 a plane crashed in New York from engine trouble(I think the engine actually fell of or something) and then that baseball player who crashed his plane into a building in New York.What does all this mean?

[edit on 13-2-2009 by thecry]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thecry

NO!!!!

NO!!!! and again....NO!!!!!

Sheesh!! I know ATS is full of conspiracy theorists....but when the conspiracy becomes the illness....of madness....ermmmmm....

Just to satiate the blood-thirsty people.....golly, IF a Government wanted to take out someone, they would NOT do it in a bloody plane crash!!! Just think about it!!! All the media attention, for starters....

Try to wrap your heads around how real life works, just for once!!

Sorry for the rant, I had to get that out of my system..............

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
USAir 1549 was a fake.

If you don't believe that then I'm not sure exactly why.

Think about it. Really think about it. It was their last "last" flight together as a team. Hrmmm.....

I'm personally shocked that more people can't see through this. 2 plane crashes in new york in 3 weeks. 1 is a feel good story one is a realistic story.

Both are not real. Just like the Kayee Anthony and now Halie Cummings (Same Syllables, Kaylie=Hallie, Thony=Cumming,

Basically, I have a hard time believing a plane crashed on it's own last night for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.....

The odds of being killed in a plane crash are 1 in 11 million

2 crashes in 3 weeks? Come on homie...Who you fooling? But yourself.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by ConservativeJack]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I also live near here, and had a few friends who were first responders. They are all stunned. Training is no substitute.

RIP

TW

edit*spelling*

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TheWelder]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here is a link to the air traffic control recording from LiveATC.net if anyone is interested:

(MP3)
archive-server.liveatc.net...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

As always, Boone..you deliver!

I am crying about the dead....want to know the reason....but will not speculate.....until more info comes in....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
It may have been on purpose, to get rid of one person...

thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

very interesting development - on the fact that Beverly Eckert was on board - even a website is wondering if others lost their lives just to get rid of her.

Who was she?

9/11 truth widow, who met with Obama last week.........................

I'm curious as to what your motives are?

Do you genuinely feel any grief or remorse for what has happened?

Or are you so caught up in your little conspiracy that you've completely forgotten that this is real life?

Your only contribution to this thread is to plug your own thread.

I think you better back off a bit until we know what actually happened.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They're saying on TV now, that the plane did a very hard right bank, then nose dived into the house.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That is exactly what I thought when I heard she was on this flight. Really, it would seem the odds would be against it. It makes one wonder, especially with the article another poster located saying her silence could not be bought.
I really hope this was just weather related.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Unless they are trying to teach a lesson, that they are not even concerned about sticking it in your face, for the world to see. Did ya ever ponder that thought?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I just read that their was a prominent 9/11 truth activist on the plane named Beverly Eckert. Her husband died on 9/11, and rather than accepting compensation she decided to sue the government and push for a new investigation. She has also been involved in pushing for reforms regarding our us intelligence agencies. Paul Joseph Watson on Infowars reports that she met with Obama last week to discuss treatment of terror suspects.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join