It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffalo plane crash

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I live just up the road from the airport. My 16 yearold grandson was flying back to NC and missed his flight to Newark due to weather delays. This flight, had it landed, would have been the flight that he flew to Newark. He was given the opportunity to take a different flight and is in Cleveland waiting for a flight out to NC.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think when plane crashes happen now, we should be looking at who was on board. The plane that crashed into the Hudson, where everyone escaped had some big whig bankers on it, didn't it?

Flight 801 out of Ny a few years back, to this day people are still saying they saw a "missle" before they saw the plane explode.

Seems planes are the choice of weapon these days for those looking to do harm to others. The news report said this one was fine, pilot was talking fine, etc and then it just "dissapeared of the radar", so I ask again,

:who was on board? We know that a widow of a 911 victim, who is also an ACTIVIST in trying to get some things done after 911 (not sure what all she was interested in), but the feds are so out of control, I truly beleive anything is possible these days.

After all, we can't even voice that we don;t like Obama without some backlash in many places.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

I live just up the road from the airport. My 16 yearold grandson was flying back to NC and missed his flight to Newark due to weather delays. This flight, had it landed, would have been the flight that he flew to Newark. He was given the opportunity to take a different flight and is in Cleveland waiting for a flight out to NC.

I think your grandson just used up a good 10 years of luck! Tell him to forget the lottery until he's 26. Glad he's ok and my thoughts are with the families who have lost people. I wonder what bought this one down.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
That's about 15 miles from where I live.

I know a few people out that way... there's some nice homes in that area.

I guess we are neighbors in a way since I live about 20-25 miles away from there.

Back on topic. I have a mild fear of flying and this does not help at all. I'm supposed to fly to Newark in 3 weeks & I know this is going to be heavy on my mind when I do. (talk about nervous.)

I can say the weather yesterday and the day before was all over the place. We had some flooding & high winds earlier in the day/evening. Some places got a bit of snow while the northtowns (north of Buffalo) had some freezing rain (at 8 pm I was out in that mess) I'm not sure if the rain was coming down still at 10:15 or if Clarence even got any of it since the weather around here can be very localized.

I don't know if the weather is the reason for this plane going down, but I do know this is just a very sad day for many.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

This morning news reporting a widow of one of the 9/11 dead, was on board.....
and yeah, passenger list would be interesting.

I feel terrible for thinking this, but there's another question on my mind right now, what's going on in government that this might be a convenient distraction from.

Prayers for the family and friends.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Hello Neighbor. I'm so glad your grandson is safe.

second line

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by usapatriot

I thought I was bad for seeing a conspiracy everywhere but you take the cake for this one. The CRAZY cake! Just kidding but seriously you should wait a few days on this sort of wild speculation or make another thread on that subject.

At least let the smoke clear..

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

I think your grandson just used up a good 10 years of luck! Tell him to forget the lottery until he's 26. Glad he's ok and my thoughts are with the families who have lost people. I wonder what bought this one down.

My thoughts exactly! We expirenced some icy snow yesterday taking him to the airport and that was around 3:00pm. Once the sun went down I imagine all that wet snow turned to ice.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112

Hello Neighbor. I'm so glad your grandson is safe.

second line

Thank you, as am I.

second line

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Hey this is ATS, I think it's our job to look at events with a suspicious eye. Sometimes there is something a bit hinky - like this:

www.commondreams.org...

My Silence Cannot Be Bought
by Beverly Eckert

...I've chosen to go to court rather than accept a payoff from the 9/11 victims compensation fund. Instead, I want to know what went so wrong with our intelligence and security systems that a band of religious fanatics was able to turn four U.S passenger jets into an enemy force, attack our cities and kill 3,000 civilians with terrifying ease. I want to know why two 110-story skyscrapers collapsed in less than two hours and why escape and rescue options were so limited...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am unaware as to airplane construction so i will simply have to admit a large dose of ignorance here. I do however have a question. Could frozen rain bring a plane down? You know the kind i mean, the kind that is incredibly cold and freezes almost instantly upon hitting a surface. This is the stuff that freezes on power lines and brings them down.

If a plane somehow flew into this kind of cloud, would it be possible it could either increase the weight so much it would drop out the sky, or jam up the equipment and even engines?

For anyone scared of flying just remind yourselves that flying is still far safer than the car journey to the airport.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
That's about 15 miles from where I live.

I know a few people out that way... there's some nice homes in that area.

Damn those "nice" homes, what about those who died and any other casualties? Homes can be rebuilt.

Sorry S.O... people are more important than "stuff".

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I am unaware as to airplane construction so i will simply have to admit a large dose of ignorance here. I do however have a question. Could frozen rain bring a plane down? You know the kind i mean, the kind that is incredibly cold and freezes almost instantly upon hitting a surface. This is the stuff that freezes on power lines and brings them down.

If a plane somehow flew into this kind of cloud, would it be possible it could either increase the weight so much it would drop out the sky, or jam up the equipment and even engines?

For anyone scared of flying just remind yourselves that flying is still far safer than the car journey to the airport.

I don't know for sure, but I'd have to say that ice (which could be from freezing rain) is on the short list of possible reasons why this plane went down. I've been on a flight that landed in some of this freezing rain & it was a scarey evening. I was so scared, I almost stayed at JFK rather than get on the flight because my husband was telling how nasty the weather was. That flight ended up being the last flight allowed to land that night in Buffalo.

On a side note, I know the stat's say it's safer than traveling by car. My fear is more about putting my life into the hands of someone i don't know and the complete lack of control over the situation. In a car, I have at least some control over my fate, in a plane, I might as well kiss my butt goodbye if something were to happen. Heck, I don't even like riding in a car when someone else is driving. I guess it boils down to a control issue for me. I want to be in charge of my own fate.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
hmmm. what are the odds of a 9/11 widow and truth activist being on a plane that crashed? i'm not drawing any conclusions...just saying...wow.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue
reply to post by redhatty

This morning news reporting a widow of one of the 9/11 dead, was on board.....
and yeah, passenger list would be interesting.

I feel terrible for thinking this, but there's another question on my mind right now, what's going on in government that this might be a convenient distraction from.

Prayers for the family and friends.

Wow nothing can be just an accident anymore? This is disgusting. 50 people have died and before you even feel sad or sorry for the families you feel like the government is involved.

News flash: Not every single plane that flies is going to make it to it's destination. Nothing man made is foolproof.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You guys are raising some good points, I just thought we should wait until the smoke clears.

Considering the amount of people with more power/money/influence that have been blowing the "inside job" horn for the past few years it doesn't seem like TPB would care all that much about an angry 911 widow.

That being said, there could have been some sort of esoteric symbolism involved with an intentional downing of a commercial flight.

Regardless a lot of innocent people lost their lives.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Wow nothing can be just an accident anymore? This is disgusting.

Ditto

This thread is morbid and sickening. It's not a conspiracy. People are dead. Don't try to turn it into a psycho thriller novel.

It's a perfectly explainable accident. The aircraft was told to hold 2,300 feet to the outer marker. They were flying level for some time just about the freezing level.

If you guys knew anything about flying, turboprops are especially vulnerable to icing because they usually don't climb or descend quickly though the freezing level. This means they mush around collecting airframe ice in a way that jets normally don't.

You only need a little ice to seriously increase the aircraft's minimum flying speed (stall speed) The plane was flying slowly which would be fine without ice but add some ice and suddenly the aircraft can't fly anymore at that airspeed. that's all there is to this story. No conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
On a side note, I know the stat's say it's safer than traveling by car. My fear is more about putting my life into the hands of someone i don't know and the complete lack of control over the situation. In a car, I have at least some control over my fate, in a plane, I might as well kiss my butt goodbye if something were to happen. Heck, I don't even like riding in a car when someone else is driving. I guess it boils down to a control issue for me. I want to be in charge of my own fate.

Oh i can understand that, i've seen other people with that same problem and the only thing i can say is that you are mistaken if you think you have control of your own fate in a car. You could be sitting quiet still in traffic and have someone who is not paying attention just plow into you. You'd have no real chance of escape. There are many other problems as well. Random tire failings, engine malfunctions, brakes dying it all happens. Hell my dads old montego had the front wheels completely lock for no reason and flipped end over end. That was years back but the point stands you are safer in a plane.

On top of all that the pilot is more experienced and better trained than your average car driver and most plane crashes in large airliners are put down safely with minimal damage to the plane and few injuries. Still i understand your fear if it's a control thing

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Thanks, TRDP.....sometimes, stuff happens.

Of course, most forget about the disgruntled ex-employee at PSA (Pacific Southwest Airlines, a former regional Airline in California, later merged into USAirways) who had TWO IDs....so, after he was fired, he used his OTHER ID and his knowledge of the door codes to by-pass security, with his gun, and get onto an airplane, and shot the pilots in a desperate act of....suicide/sabotage??? Not sure of his motives.....except some twisted sense of....revenge???

Getting revenge, and dying in the process....seems like a lose/lose scenario to me.......

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
there could have been some sort of esoteric symbolism involved with an intentional downing of a commercial flight.

I thought of that as well.

Citizens of the U.S. were deeply moved by the story of Captain Sully and his flight, people sort of latched onto it as a metaphor for what we need to do as a nation with regards to our economic stability and moral future. We had a hero who could help us.

Now this. It cancels it out emotionally and adds to the hopeless feeling abroad in the land.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join