It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffalo plane crash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm watching the news it said the plane could hold 74 people. 49 people dead four of them crew and one confirmed dead on the ground. Reports of wet snow and fog.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Oh well thats weird, I thought the 40 passenger plane made it more interesting(no offense to the deceased rip), but now reports of a 74? and a 49?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm having a problem with the news response to this tragedy. This incident is reported to have occured at 10:10. The first news reports from CNN were two hours later at midnight. Fox and MSNBC followed about 10 minutes later. In addition, different stations are reporting different types of aircraft and flight numbers. I'm just stunned that there isn't any local affliate reporting. CNN is using their CNN International and MSNBC is showing video only from youtube.

I know that the Hudson crash happened in daylight where everyone could see it and news coverage began 12 minutes after the crash. It just seems like all american journalist are home and in bed. Seems logical to me that two hours after the incident there would be local affiliates at the scene reporting but, none. This is just curious to me. Anyone else?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher
Friday the 13th.....

Ahhh you had to go there... I live directly under a flight path that mostly takes Dash 9's, very similar to the Dash 8. Friday 13th should be a day to stay in bed, that aint happening now.

Bad news... There seems to be a lot of fuel burning in the footage, I'm guessing it was carrying a lot of fuel, did this happen soon after a take off?

correction it is Dash 8's that fly over here... So I will be following the details on this one

[edit on 13/2/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

It is probably too early to get a straight story on the whole thing. Your post on the actual model of plane is important. We should look that direction.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I find it odd as well. I find it hard to believe that it took that long to get the news out. You would think some local reporters would be there. But nothing really. It's sad, and I don't like seeing these types of accidents.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Thats whatsup man, some pieces are missing. But thats just the ATS nature isnt it, we always trying to find out what those pieces are...

Always finishing the puzzle.

I dont know what the plane model was I just made that Letter-Number up, but yah once you know the model, well be able to understand this.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I thought that too, it seems to have come through at the same time in Europe though, BBC and france 24 have been all over it for the last 30 minutes.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

It is a little odd. Each news service seems to be reporting a different carrying capacity, passenger number, and both on-the-ground and in-flight death tolls. The time delay that you mention is also odd--when hours pass before visible reports appear of a major airline crash within a residential area in New York, regardless of the time of day or night, you have to wonder...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Let me say, as a retired airline pilot....from Continental...WHEN I was at Continental. we flew jets.

THIS disaster, as it unfolds, is likely a contract subsidiary Company.

NOT that this somehow diminshes the Company that hired this 'contracter'....just sayin'....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is the model of aircraft that crashed:

source

Continental Airlines and its new regional partner, Colgan Air, will fly a fleet of 15 Bombardier Q400 turboprop regional aircraft from Newark Liberty International Airport, Continental’s New York–area hub, beginning early this year. The brand-new 74-passenger planes will replace the 50-seat Embraer 145 jets currently used on select flights to within 500 miles of Newark Liberty, operating as part of the Continental Connection regional network. By mid-June, Q400s will fly to 21 cities from Newark Liberty and Cleveland, with more than 100 arrivals and departures per day. The switch to new turboprop aircraft will help reduce congestion at Newark Liberty and potentially help Continental/Colgan Air avoid flight delays.

Prayers to the familes affected by this tragedy.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Probably the scariest moment of my life was onboard a prop-job aircraft coming in to land at the same point a massive supercell had just rolled in over the airport. I was flying into Lawton that night back in 2003. If you haven't been in a situation like that before when people are praying, the plane seems upside down at times, and people on the plane are literally embracing in anticipation of a quick death... Well, all I have to say is that any death involving aircraft have to be some of the most horrifying deaths anyone can possibly experience (short of being tortured).

I was extremely lucky.. The pilot came into the airport at the exact moment we were getting nailed with 60-70 mph winds from the thunderstorm. He landed angled up and sideways. The guy was literally all over the place.. But when I think about it, anyone else probably would have gotten us all killed. I later called the airline and thanked the pilot of the flight for getting us out of that mess alive. Sometimes your number is just up.. I am one of the lucky ones.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is such a tragedy... Love and thoughts go out to the families
This makes me want to cry.

Can't help but wonder if this may be President Obama's "test" that VP Biden talked about

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

That looks a dash-8....possibly contracted with Colgan....again, I haven't seen the news yet, getting it here first....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes it is. Colgan released a press release reported on CNN
Q-400 AKA dash 8 as you know.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they said a "terrorist" brought down the plane. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone of "importance" lived in that house and was "killed".

Or it could simply be an accidental crash. We do have lots of plane crashes now a days though, fishy.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I do not, based on my experience, understand WHY this airplane crashed.
The DFDR and CVR will provide the truth.

My experience with turboprops is....based on 'sounds' heard from the ground...
we have to wait to hear the 'official' reports, AS the CVR is read out, AND the DFDR as well.

Point to know....the CVR will NOT be put into a Public Forum....the 'transcripts' certainly....but the actual recordings, NEVER!!!

ATC recordings....yes. This is how it works, and I agree with this concept

EDIT....on CNN, just now....the CEO of Continental, Larry Kellner, spoke.

Let me say, for all to read...this was a CONTRACT carrier, NOT a real Continental Airlines Airplane!!!!!

[edit on 2/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

I wish to clarify, for all....Continental Airlines operates these airplanes....The B-737, series -500 to -900....also the B-757-200 and -300....as well as the B-757-200 and dash -300.....AND, the B777-200.

Continental ALSO, as many other airlines, contracts with smaller companies.....part of the contract involves use of the logo....so, even though the paint scheme may say 'Continental'....it is not always the same.

I'm hearing, now...on CNN....an idiot trying to say that he heard the CVR!!!! When, in fact....the only things that will be released publically is the ATC tapes.

[edit on 2/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My question is...

Who was on the plane?

As well as sympathies to the families.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Weedwhacker - I've heard reports from eyewittness that the plane was on fire in the air. What could cause that? Reports are people stating they have never smelled smoke/fire like that. There are reports that there is a crater in the gound as well, which to me would indicate it came down in more of a direct down position. Also, with it being a realtive short flight and 6 miles out from touchdown - would the fuel onboard create that much of a fireball? I suppose that could also be a natural gas issue from the house into which it crashed. I appreciate your views and OP

CNN now reporting FBI on scene. Do they appear at every crash site?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join