It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is it what does it want what can i do and is it dangerous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
ok so please please please bare with me this is long.
so ive been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years now, been to his house countless times and never experienced anything. ive never felt "alone" in his house before even when i have been, but ive thought that this was because it has more of a homely feel then mine.
but over the past 6 months ive actually been seeing things. it started off one night when i went out to the kitchen to get a drink. there were a couple of lights on in a different room so the effect was that the kitchen wasnt completely dark and i thought i saw someone come out of a room and slip behind the cabinet in the joined living room (this area is very open plan). i was so sure of what i saw that i thought it was my boyfriend, getting ready to jump out at me and scare me (which he frequently tries to do). but when i crept around to the other side, there was no one there and my boyfriend was still in the other room.
my second encounter was under similar circumstances when i saw something black almost like a formed shadow move towards the back door. at first i thought it was his brother because i only glanced very quickly at the movement. but then i was overcome by a feeling of dread similar to how i'd felt the first time when i'd been getting a drink. i didnt connect what i'd seen and the feeling, however when i noticed the door didnt open or close, (indicating it wasnt my bfs bro) i turned and saw that there was nothing there.
my third encounter was the same story however it was the first thing i saw when i came out to the living room. there was something around 6 ft or so tall and around 4 ft wide hovering near the back wall. again it disappeared however unlike the other times, it wasnt something i'd simply glanced at. i honestly felt terrified. not because of what i saw, but i just became gripped with fear.
these are the only examples of actually seeing some sort of figure, but i have also heard a mumbling voice of no discernable gender which i at first thought was the tv, when i went to turn it off i noticed that the noise disappeared as soon as i left the room. no tvs were on, no one was awake, snoring etc.
my last encounter happened last night and has made me very eager to get the bottom of this. everything i have experienced has been in the same area of the house. however last night, i got up to go to the toilet and noticed a hand print on the wall. not only did it freak me out because a) it was down a different end of the hosue, and b) it didnt look right. it was elongated and black and almost claw/tallon like. as soon as i turned the light on it disappeared.
i can say with absolute certainty im not seeing things and that theres no chance that the things ive seen were merely shadows. i have been in the presence of spirits or ghosts before as a friend of mine lives in a very old and very haunted house and have never felt this dread before while i was there.
i think it might also be quite important that im the only one in the house who has seen anything. the house is about 25 years old. no one has died here. there was no house here before. it seems to have singled me out (which would make sense. i have sensed ghosts/spritis/energy before and i believe in anything. also i have a very childlike mind set so as i said, i believe in and am open to anything) and is trying to communicate with me which i am hesitant to do as i have no idea what it is. i read before that sometimes demons pretend to be spirits? but i dont really know what either them are exactly. should i try to communicate with whatever this is? i honestly just want to know how to go about it and if there is any danger and what it is. i also feel very much compelled to do something about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well I would let the hand print speak for itself and not further the contact. If the print wasn't a human form then this is most likely not a human spirit. Moreso, the dread feeling is nothing to take for granted either. I would kindly ask it to leave you alone and tell it you are not interested.

I have no experience what so every with spirits but if that happened to me I would straight up be like, you are not welcome here, move on.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
if it isnt a human spirit what kind of spirit would it be?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
wow, that is an amazing story....i can't help but think it's some kind of demonic entity, i mean a handprint with claws???? whatever it is, does not sound very friendly. i'm no expert, but if i were in your place i would just ignore it. often times in these kind of cases, people bring in priests or other spiritual gurus to cleanse the home and it just ends up pissing off whatever entity may be present...personally i would just ignore it unless things get worse. these things seem like they feed off of negative energy/paranoia. have you talked to your dude about this at all?

[edit on 13-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

I second Porche's advise. Hopefully this will be an isolated event for you at his house but should the experience occur again, let it know it isn't welcome.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think you should go and see a Doctor, or a psychiatrist.
And I don't say that lightly.
Because hallucinations can be the start of more serious things.
You should go and get checked out.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

That's a pretty awful thing to say to someone. Especially when episodes like these have been well documented. I've never experienced something like this, but i still keep an OPEN MIND. Try it sometime.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
yeah ive told him about it and he reckons not to let it worry me. and ive told his mum who believes me but also who isnt concerned because "what can a ghost do".
i have a constant feeling of being followed around the house. ive noticed im not quite as scared down in his room. i dont know if this is because i keep my crystals, wand, cards etc or what. but i know its never followed me in there.
but yeah my boyfriend tried to convince me that i should get someone in to "exorcise" it but honestly im worried about pissing it off as you said.
ive also noticed that i can block myself off from it. there was a period of about a month where i didnt notice anything and was able to perhaps put up some sort of shield, but then my boyfriend was in hospital and thats when i heard it. also it was after a rather traumatic family counselling session during which my child abuse was discussed, that i saw the print on the wall. so yeah im definately starting to notice that the more fragile and negative my mood the stronger the communication is.
would it be following me or the house?? because all the negativity and anger i have at the moment i must be like an all you can eat buffet in terms of energy for it.
can something like this be dangerous?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sm765

Have you experienced this entity since the initial meeting?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

i think that that sort of thinking is an absolute tragedy and the reason why we dont understand these sorts of things as well as we should. people dont like to believe in things they dont understand or arent quite the norm and then chalk it up to people being crazy. i think there are probably a lot of people with "hallucinations" or other such "serious things" who simply see things very differently to more close minded people who would prefer to keep them down.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon
reply to post by sm765

Have you experienced this entity since the initial meeting?

no it actually only started to appear to me around 6 months ago, and i have been with my boyfriend for over two years.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Oh a trip to the doctors does not hurt, just say you are seeing shadows in places where they shouldn't be don't be specific, get your eyes tested, and check nothing is affecting your visual cortex or an chemical imbalance.

Oh before that do you smoke pot or do anything else, if so stop for a while and see if it carries on or not.

As well as that though, maybe really really research the land the house is on, back to native times, ask locals about any murders, rumours etc there, If it is separate and real it seems locale specific, earth bound locale specific entity, seems like is attached to there.

It could be in an open minded way
either emanations from yourself or your boyfriend as most poltergeist type things seem to be and your description of your tendancies would allow that sort of thing, maybe ground yourself a bit more, take up Chi or Qi Kung, or any martial art or yoga.

If none of this works, get in a real and respected FOR FREE medium etc who will try and banish it with you, take it to the light, if you have to pay for anything besides fuel expenses they cant do it anyhow.... people don't charge to send entitiies spirits to gods love if they are able to really, well very very rarely do except charity donation maybe.

Oh before all this get some sage asap and burn it all the house.

Kind regards,

Elf.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm not trying to take away from your experience or suggest that its not real, but just to help rule out other things... In the area that you experience these things are there any devices or wires, cables and what not that could be emiting a high EMF (electro-magnetic-field)? EMF has been shown to cause feelings of dread and hallucinations in those that are sensitive to it.

Once again, I'm not trying to take away from your experience, and I'm in no way an expert in the paranormal, though I do believe I havent had any experiences myself. I'm just offering up alternative reasons here to help you narrow down whats going on...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sm765

I'm sorry if I didn't word properly, I meant to ask if you have seen this entity in the 6 months span since you came in contact with it the first time? I was confused in your original post i the 'encounters' were the same entity or a couple of different ones?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
elf: i dont smoke anything. and yeah i guess it couldnt hurt to get my eyes checked and see a doctor even if just to rule out other possibilties but at the moment its not really something i can afford. as for the research, that could be tricky. this area was inhabited by aborigines and artifacts have been found down the road but as far as i know there are no native people left in the area. its become a very tourist populated town so even the locals now are geneally people who have moved down from the city in the past 5 years. but i will be looking in to it. finding an honest medium has been difficult though as i was hoping i could find someone to possible explain to me what im seeing but even thats a paid service for all that ive found...
im heading down to a local spiritualist store today so hopefully will be able to pick up some sage as i dont really want to go through the process of drying out my own. and maybe even have a look on their noitce boards or ask if they know of anyone who could give some answers.

xtexan: as far as a i know theres nothing like that except for things like tv cords and stuff.

siladon: i think that its the same entity. ive felt the same way every time ive encountered it. i think the best way to describe it is a familiarity

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

It's one thing to keep an open mind and another to dismiss all scientific reasoning. Yes? Cases like this have been documented, unfortunately, hers has not.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by NordicMan]

top topics

join