It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Now Saying Iran Can Build Nuke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
We should give them a nuclear weapon. Right over Tehran.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Its that kind of arrogant, pointless rhetoric that causes people to fly jet airliners full of people into skyscrapers

What justification do you have for your desire to kill 7 million people who have done absolutely nothing to you at all?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
few things-

is iran trying to build a nuke? - more than likely

is the world going to believe Obama even if he is 100% correct and took a picture of it himself?- no

will isreal and the us strike iran- if the drop in oil doesn't break their back then yes

why does iran want a nuke? - because nuclear nations don't get invaded by the US...duh

is russia making things for the US empire worse?- yes (in that imperial sorta way)

will russia always do this?- yes...always...... no exceptions........no debates

why? because we helped break the soviets when they tryed the same thing, they are still butt hurt about it....... (damn stinger missiles)

why don't we want iran to have a nuke?- it would undermine our imperial expansion into the oil rich nations and continued advancement closer to russian and chinese borders cementing the US as a major power in asia for decades.........duh

will the EU help the US strike Iran? i doubt it, the british might though

is this a cluster ****? yes

will NATO fight the SCO? maybe, but we may die from starvation and depression before that happens

just a few thoughts

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Come now, americans dont need justification to wish violence upon another. All they need is a little info, told them by someone else, to solidify their opinion. In america, OPINION is enough of a justification to go out and kill apparently, and no one here has the virtue of being able to reasonably doubt their own fallability. Everyone here is an expert, didnt you know? And each armchair politician or generals word is unquestionable.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Why dont we look at it the other way.....is the US making things worse for Iran, Russia, Korea, Venezuela, Columbia, Cuba, the MAJORITY of africa and south america? Yes.

Will we always? most likely, until we are no longer powerful enough to do so.

Why? Because it is profitable, and protects our wasteful lifestyle and hegemony.

Now, do i really think Russia is making things hard on the US in order to get back at us?? Hardly. They are "making things hard on us" as you put it, by pursuing their own growth, development and protection, and often when other countries do this, whether its nationalizing their industry, reclaiming their natural resources, or trying to exercise "self determination" its considered "making things hard for the US".

Remember now, that the origins of our conflict with russia originated with US actions, just as the origins of our conflicts with most every country listed above and many others begin with US actions. In russia it goes back to the turn of the 20th century (circa 1900) when russia was in the midst of revolution, and we had american troops stationed in moscow as we meddled in their elections trying to get our candidate forced into power. This is pretty standard behavior for america in other countries, meddling in peoples elections, and if done here would likely be considered an act of war. In others it certainly instills some understandable resentment and distrust.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Here's the new boss worse than the old boss.

Obama is now accusing Iran of trying to build a nuke.

www.latimes.com...

When do people wake up and realize that Iran is part of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and that when the U.N says it's not trying to build a nuke, then it's not.

I believe by now people have smartened up a little bit and realize that all Washington does now is lie.

"Saddam Hussein has Weapons of Mass Destruction."
-They didn't

"The hijackers were Saudi Arabians."
-They weren't

"Afghanistan is the main supplier of terrorists."
-Now it's "Pakistan"

"Iran is trying to build a nuke."
-No they are not

And if they WERE, who's to say they shouldn't?? Israel attacked Gaza when the whole world told them to stop, and Israel ignored them.

America took over Iraq and Afghanistan both on false charges.

It's clearly a plan for global expansion like EVERY civilization does, and they fail in the end.

People need to learn for once from the past.

Iran already has nukes.

That's why they are trying to convince everyone they are building them, because then we can go in there and take the ones they already have away.

Read more news that isn't MSM.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
At the bottom line you can't win a war with a nuclear weapon.
You would shoot yourself in the foot.

I just hope the powers of this world know that as well!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligent life

Feel free to provide some links...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Dookzor]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The fact is that in 2004 IAEA inspectors, a team of nuclear experts drawn from many different countries went to the University of Tehran on an inspection. I believe it was in 2004. The university of Tehran has a heavy water reactor.
Up to that time as a signatory to the Non Proliferation Treaty Iran had a treaty obligation to account for all nuclear material and the fate of all spent nuclear fuel.

The IAEA team found 600 grams of Plutonium at the University.

Iran had not declared it's existence, nor could the Iranians account for the spent nuclear fuel which was harvested to acquire the Plutonium. It was off the books.

Now none of the apologists for Iran's allegedly "peaceful nuclear power" project could explain why Iran needed to harvest Plutonium ?

Plutonium has no peaceful uses. It's only use is in a nuclear weapon.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

At the bottom line you can't win a war with a nuclear weapon.
You would shoot yourself in the foot.

I just hope the powers of this world know that as well!

...and you presume Iran's President Ahmadinejad who threatened to destroy USA, Isreal and all of USA's friends in the Persian Gulf is acting rationally ?

...and you presume the leader of a Shi'ite nation which extols the virtues of self sacrifice in a holy war actually cares about rational considerations ?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Oh, yes. Rockets are launched for the purpose of inflicting no damage.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by stevegmu
We should give them a nuclear weapon. Right over Tehran.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Its that kind of arrogant, pointless rhetoric that causes people to fly jet airliners full of people into skyscrapers

What justification do you have for your desire to kill 7 million people who have done absolutely nothing to you at all?

Have you ever thought that maybe the inhumane backwards thinking of radical Islam is what gets a superpower to drop a million lbs of bombs?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think nuclear weapons controls like gun control should be abolished.

I think personal nuclear weapons are something everyone should have.
I decided that after once being given bad directions to a party in Dallas/Ft. Worth by 5 different people because I was a Yankee.

Several troublesome states and countries would no longer be with us today if we all had nuclear weapons. Georgia can’t agree with South Carolina over water controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers? No problem Nuke them both. Israel can’t get along with Iran? No problem, nuke them both.

Keeping nuclear weapons out of the hands of the average citizen is wrong and dangerous. It violates our constitutional right to bear arms and form space based defense initiatives.

Let’s face it if there were such a thing as personal nuclear weapons Washington would have disappeared a long time ago!

Let’s see Obama prove he is a real man of change and make it legal for all citizens to own a nuclear weapon of their own.

I hope you don’t loose sleep at night worrying about Iran nuking you! I have it on excellent authority that all of Iran’s ruling clerics love Broadway Show tunes.

Fear mongering is great for people who like to be scared.

Demand your own nuclear weapons and never know fear again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join