It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spendulous Giganticus: The spending bill in Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
First of all, props to the Washington post for putting this gigantic graph package together. It may help some of us (like me) get a grip on what is being spent, where, and over what period of time.

Take a moment or three to digest this graph, and I'd love to read some opinions on what you get out of it.

Spending Bill Graph: Courtesy Washinton Post

Also, please point out any inaccuracies, if you find them.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's a great graphic, thanks for posting that.

Here's something else that's been making the rounds on the web, perhaps you've seen it. I posted it in a thread maybe a week or so ago. It is a youtube clip that graphically shows how the current borrowing from the Fed compares with that in times past. To get the full effect you have to watch the whole thing throiugh (it takes about 4 minutes) but it really is astounding. Took my breath away:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Amazing. We treat the Fed like a cheap condom machine at a gas station.
Thinking that with just a little turn of a handle, a magic prophylactic will save all of us.
There is no money, none. We're shuffling spreadsheets so the bankers and politicians might appear as heroes when this is all over.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Cool rain-drop graphic, space; Flag & Star!

No inaccuracies that I found, and I am looking at the Feb. 27 09 Chicago
Tribune article with graph, about proposed fiscal year 2010 budget right now, because I wish to keep an eye on this topic.

I'm impressed with how Health & Human Services receives 77b. in the Trib's graph; But I'm aghast at how the defense spending goes up to 663b!
And, at how the debt will rise faster than opinions on a blog!

Wow, if just 10% of defense were transferred to say, energy (like solar power and stuff) how huge an improvement that would be! How would YOU shuffle around the money, as it is now, contained in these departments?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Here you go. That is the size of a pile of money containing 166 Billion Dollars.

Here is 315 Billion Dollars!

I hope that helps you understand how much money the government is really spending!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Nice graphic, thanks for posting it.

It would have been nice if we could click on each of the circles to expand the definitions of the categories.

new topics

top topics

join