It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns against big government at Davos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Putin warns against big government at Davos

Speaking at Davos Wednesday, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin called the crisis a "perfect storm" that "most" of the world failed to foresee. While saying he wouldn't get into the blame game, he also reminded the audience that U.S. speakers at the economic forum last year had lauded their country's economic stability. Then, in the second part of the speech, he warned against relying on the government to correct the market. Whether the speech was liberal and pro-market or conservative and anti-capitalist depended on what side of the Atlantic the observer was.

As the leader of a country that has been accused of excessive government meddling, Putin's warnings about such policies appeared particularly surprising - and the Russian media rushed to label his address as "liberal." Some analysts agreed. "He emphasized that it was necessary to use market mechanisms to solve what is essentially a market-based problem," Roland Nash, chief strategist at Renaissance Capital, told The Moscow News. "I think it was very much...a market-focused speech rather than a state focused speech. If you want to use neo-liberal as opposed to conservative, you can say that. It was focused on the private market, and I don't agree with the spin being put on it by the western press."

www.mnweekly.ru...

"Instead of streamlining market mechanisms, some are tempted to expand state economic intervention to the greatest possible extent. The concentration of surplus assets in the hands of the state is a negative aspect of anti-crisis measures in virtually every nation. In the 20th century, the Soviet Union made the state's role absolute. In the long run, this made the Soviet economy totally uncompetitive. This lesson cost us dearly. I am sure nobody wants to see it repeated."

Putin warning the United States about government interference in the market. Crazy right? The leader of communist Russia saying this yet so many in our government say the opposite?

This is the really the exact opposite of the direction we are heading. This is how totally screwed up the world has become.

Will the USA have the same fate as the USSR?

That seems to be what he is implying.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Putin is not a communist. He's ex KGB which makes him intelligence, these guys are in a field of their own, just like the intelligence community here.

If Putin is warning of big government then you know we're screwing it up though. But i get what you're saying....Kinda interesting know?

[edit on 12-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Crazy isn't it? Now we have leaders of other countries telling us we are making a big mistake. He knows it just like anyone else with a brain. I haven't seen a peep of this out of the MSM either...but then again, why would i be surprised about that?

The MSM would rather talk about Michael Phelps' bong habits than this. This country is lost.

join