It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Collision or Space Fight? US/Russian Satellites colide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I figured I haven't done any wild-speculation lately so why not now?!

So I'm not sure if everyone's heard, but there was a collision in space between a US & Russian satellites.

I think many here assume US has some "exotic technology" as well as the Russians with there research into torsion fields etc. I wonder if we didn't just experience our first aggressive satellite campaign cover-up.

I know there's a lot of space-junk up there & traffic is getting heavy reportedly, but my story is just more fun, so :p....

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Since it’s all speculation here
What if one of the two were preparing an attack. Then the other comes in just to counter. I guess your theory is as plausible as it just being a coincident that they collided

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
it was an American commercial satellite. One of the demi-famous Iridium satellites. It's not really related to the US government.

Your story would be better if the Russian sat hit something actually owned by the US government.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Perhaps the DoD were spying on the Russians, so they brought in their space ship...

involved a derelict Russian spacecraft designed for military communications

and a working satellite owned by U.S.-based Iridium, which served commercial customers as well as the U.S. Department of Defense

and tried to take out the satellite (notice how a spacecraft is detailed for russia and a satellite for the us), then the us stepped in with the star wars tech accidently taking out both instead of just the russians craft?

Friendly fire n all, worth a shot.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by phushion]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have no clue since I am just a dumb truck driver, however, do all of you remember the old saying that one of the first clues of possible hostilities would be the taking out of our eyes in the skies.

top topics

join