It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby-Faced Boy is Father at 13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Baby-Faced Boy is Father at 13

www.thesun.co.uk

BOY dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost — but said: “I think it’s a lot.”
Baby-faced Alfie, who is 13 but looks more like eight, became a father four days ago when his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok, this child is a father. It is absolutely unbelievable to me how this is possible (well, I know how it is possible) but Britain needs to figure out its sex ed. program. I am completely against abstinence only education (doesn't work) but yes, like the article mentions children are over-sexed through media targeted at them and when you add an "anthing goes" sexual education policy you have a recipe for disaster. And their parents are on benefits! Something needs to change.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That boy looks 7 or 8 years old. And, the 15 year old girlfriend/mother....kids having kids. :shk:

Hopefully, they can make it work.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I looked at this article and it made me want to cry. The boy is a child mentally and physically - in fact since his voice hasn't broken yet I was actually wondering if he had gone through puberty yet. His mom might want to consider a dna test.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This one leaves my head shaking, it's bad enough to have a kid before you can support it, but 12 strikes me as a little bit young to be having sex,period. Age aside it shows the need for a practical sex-ed program.

This angers me a little bit because typically the brunt of the disdain for teenage/out of wedlock pregnancies falls on the girls. The only reason he's making the news is his age.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well its actually perfectly natural for a boy his age to have children..as for the girl,biologically and naturally speaking anyway.Then again im not surprised,especially being from the UK.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
this is just wrong!!! makes me feel very strange while reading this. it seems even worse the fact the father is a very small, baby faced person.

my god, when this kid is at school and the typical classroom talk is maybe, "so how is old is your dad?" and he is like 10, he will be saying "my dad is 23!!!!!"

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Any real sources? Last time I checked, The Sun is a tabloid, not a news source. Honestly...do people actually believe this drivel without a reputable origin?

[edit on 2/12/2009 by iceofspades]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am going to have to blame the parents of these two kids who should have been teaching them about sex ed. We can hold the schools responsible for it. My mom sat me down and gave me the birds and the bees talk. And she gave me the warning to always wear a rain coat because if you knock her up you're keeping it because we were Catholics. Well it scared me enough so I didn't do it until my late teens because I didn't want to end up being a teenage father. I think the blame lies with the parents.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do I win a prize? I really don't think the 13 yr old boy has hit puberty yet. This girl seems to have found the most defenseless boy and pinned it to him. It's shocking all the these kids are so anxious to be the daddy.

And amazingly the News Of The World has uncovered claims that Chantelle was sleeping with as many as EIGHT teenage boys around the time the baby was conceived on the Old Town estate in Eastbourne, Sussex.

Richard, a trainee chef, said he had sex at least three times with Chantelle at her home, adding: “I KNOW I could be the father. Everyone thinks I am. My friends all tell me that baby has my eyes— even my mum thinks so.

News of the world

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Yhea I know... Guess they all come out of the wood work when it hits the papers!

some of these blokes need to be a bit careful, remember the mother is only 15 and I think I read one lad giving his age as 16... Now I know there is 9 months to take into account, but if a boy of 16 had sex with a girl of 15 then that is statutory rape right? at least sex with a minor, either way I doubt the good honest reporters at The Sun HQ would point that out as they eagerly scribbled the 'facts' down! (in fact I'd imagine they would even supply the requisite 3 ltr bottle of cider
)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
wow....12 is so young. I was 15 almost 16 when my son was born and it changes your life or at least your plans for your life completely. This is not as much of a shock to me but the age is really disturbing. What age do we sit down and have the sex talk now? Sex Ed really needs to come from the parents and I guess we need to start a little younger.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Wow, that is some young father. There is no reason to think he won't be a good dad but the pregnancy should of never happened in the first place.

Sex is widely shown on TV so obviously kids are going to know what it is they just wont understand the complications it can bring. Anything a child is allowed to view should be thoroughly explained to them by there guardians, or perhaps even sex ed classes at a younger age should be considered.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
All that blather about nothing. A DNA test has proven the young boy is NOT the father of the child.

It's funny how the media grabs a sensational story and just runs with it without any scientific proof or other evidence to back up the story.

We'll go back to the original source........
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That is pothetic, how the hell is he going to raise a child? And how old is the girl? Where are these kids parents!

new topics

top topics

join