It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who do you think are the ATS .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I was reading through several threads today and the terms "point whore" and "point slut" came up quite a bit.

So I'm curious, who do you all believe are the resident..

"point hogs" ?

I know this will probably start a fight, but what the heck, it's wednesday and I'm bored !

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hmmmm...the person starting a thread like this

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Not really since you basically get almost no points for posting in chit chat.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I know of a few without doubt, but I am not in the habit of making any more enemies then I do without trying. I tend to just ignore these people.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
look for the newer members who have a ton of points or a large post bar... and yeah, in BTS you get one point per post and no points for people responding, at least i think that that's how it works.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

I knew that someone was going to come back with that one....

believe me, I have thought of a few ways to rack up the points if that was my goal here...

No I am not one,

but thanks for playing

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I know of a few without doubt, but I am not in the habit of making any more enemies then I do without trying. I tend to just ignore these people.

I also try to ignore them, but geeez some of the stuff that gets posted, just the though of it being okay to post ridiculous statements and be "rewarded"...

know what I mean ....

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I also try to ignore them, but geeez some of the stuff that gets posted, just the though of it being okay to post ridiculous statements and be "rewarded"...

It is funny as I get to the point that I cringe when I see the avatars of these people and quickly hit the 'back' button as if I was looking at something I shouldn't have.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My hands are ringing necks in my waking thoughts.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What an excellent thread elevatedone, this will end up in a huge brawl
lol
The point grabbers have to be the ones who start threads about things which have already been discussed.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The points lose their lustre quickly, so once that happens those people either stop the grabbing and post intellectually or just go away.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I sell them on ebay.

along with false hope

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I will censor myself.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, I'll admit, when I first joined ATS I was one of them. Just look at my TimeCube post. :shk:

However, while being a point whore, I really started to take a liking to this site filled with "kooks" as we said at word. Started to realize that the "kooks" actually were intelligent, and had valid arguements for their, what I believed at the time, outragous claims. Looking back, I'm glad I started out as a point whore, because I never would have gotten into it.

By the way, this is the first and only message board I've ever been a part of. I think all n00bs tend to go through that phase...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just a little note for this thread.

Remember that personally insulting a member is not allowed, naming members who you think are point grabbers may result in tears, so tread carefully.

new topics

top topics

join