It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people complain about gas prices?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Couldn't really figure a title, but here's my two cents.

Forgive me about my figures as I am Canadian, I have a tough time comparing American numbers but I am sure someone here can add to what I am saying. Heres what I noticed.

In canada, while oil was 150$ a barrel, we were paying $1.50/Liter, I think in the states you guys were paying like $4.x? I think?

And what resulted? Everyone was right pissed off. Gas is too much!!!

So then months go by, and oil is trading at 40$ a barrel again (OR 3.75 times CHEAPER than when gas was $1.50)

Yet, were right now paying between $.90-1$ for a liter.

Am I the only one who is missing the memo here? When its the oil companies screwing us, its an outrage, but when its the gas stations its OK?

Amercian comparison, you guys are paying almost 4 times less what you paid for oil months ago, but gas still costs $2.00 a gallon?

Materials become almost 4 times cheaper, yet product is only half price???

In canada, the price at the pump has dropped only 1/3, while the oil has gone down to almost a quarter of what it was before?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well I'm still complaining....

Ya, I think people are making rather great profits somewhere and we are still paying for it. Gas can jump like crazy on just about any excuse, but seems to take forever to go back down.

Also so it has been said that the goal was to push gas to 4 bucks so that when it was backed off to 2 bucks a gallon people would then think they were getting a deal. Where when not too long ago it went from $1.50 to $2.00 and everyone thought it was outrageous.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

You think that is bad? Here in California it was announced today that they might raise gasoline taxes by 12 cents a gallon in order to help balance the state budget. Already we pay 36.4 cents plus state sales tax (which varies by area). California is getting too damn expensive of a state to live in.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Get use to that cycle. They are going to push gas up more and more each year to an outrageous price. Then cut that price in half so we think we are getting a break. Then comes the next holiday travel season and it starts over. I can remember this going on since I started driving ten years ago. Back when it was .92 cents I believe it was.

top topics

join