It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

KaginD. I understand your spin, but each time I have been in fights, I was either being attacked or protecting someone i loved who was being attacked. And I have been in many fights. I have beaten the sh*t out of a few people, and I have gotten my ass kicked by some people. I have been jumped before by over 15 guys, and they were all wearing steel toe boots......get my drift?

I love people....I do not love the ideology of nationalism. I enjoy how I get to live here, but I will always fight harder and to the death for someone I love, not for the land on which I walk.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Even everything that Bush did - I never burned an American Flag - but I am going outside and burning a flag now! I now know that Democracy is DEAD!

They PASSED A BILL WITHOUT READING IT - 800 BILLION DOLLARS!!!

WE HAVE NO DEMOCRACY!!

I read - researched - it is NOT against the law to burn the flag!

So I am doing it for the first time!

To pass a bill WITHOUT READING IT - is a CRIME - in my opinion!

I am NO LONGER A DEMOCRAT!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How many of y'all play chess???
One is patient, lays plans, moves the pieces around and captures the "Queen"(USA)...to limit freedom, boxes in the opposing pieces and calls Check Mate...when there is no where for the King(the people of this country) to move.

People, we are in the middle of a well thought out game, and they are putting the moves on us...in order to turn it around, they must not advance into "white" territory any further.

We, the people, must learn how to outwit our opponent...as that is what our government has become. It will not be done by complaining, but by preparing mentally, physically, and most of all patiently...the best moves in a chess game are the surprise ones your opponent does not see coming.

As for the "emergency" claim re:this bill passing congress....something that is planned is NOT an emergency IMHO.

~Holly

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
that felt good!!
Forgot my camera inside - didn't get a vid of it! Oh Well!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

You and Benevolent heretic can't read. Your overlords and you dear "leader" said it would be up 48 hours ago. So everyone could read it. Start reading....see if you can get through all 1000 pages before the vote.

Mod note: Warning issued. Learn how to read this. And this. Stay on topic. --Majic

[edit on 2/13/2009 by Majic]

link   
reply to post by dimensionaljumper

Please stop hijacking this thread.

If you feel the need to express your own opinion about Americans please start a new one.

The topic of this thread is:

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday

link   
reply to post by questioningall

Its an outrage, but it comes as no surprise IMO. Have they read any big bills they have passed in the last 8 years?? Nope, they wait it out till people start complaining that it didn't work and then they use the excuse that they weren't "given enough time". Thats how its gone the last couple of times anyway

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't think anyone should every sign ANYTHING, let alone legislation, without reading it.

Irresponsible at best and a breach of the public's confidence to do so.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Pelosi is on right now

Saying "Hope is Alive"

Swift Bold Action -

anyway - she is on now!!!

BS

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
You and Benevolent heretic can't read.

No need for personal attacks.

I agree that they put this to a vote without the final bill on the Internet for 48 hours. There are provisions to waive it and that's what they did.

Source

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

I am not hijacking this thread lernmore. I am merely commenting on the "revolution" talk that pervades THIS thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh, they are all on the news Congrats themselves and each other

and how great Obama is for this bill too!!

How Obama is "changing things"

uuuuughUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I know the checkmate move seeing as how they have made themselves very vulnerable and left the king wide open.

That move is a huge class action lawsuit against all members in government. It needs to go the the supreme court and be heard by them and let them hand down a ruling.

The ruling would have one or two outcomes.

The first one being that everything the federal government has been doing is unconstitutional and then the Sargent at Arms would subsequently arrest all members of government and put on trial for treason.(I know fat chance)

The second one being that the supreme court rules that the US Constitution is no longer valid. In which it would crash the world economy.

That is of course if it would even make it that far.

Back on topic though, they did all this in a back door meeting so they could slip in all the 'compromises' that they made. They figure Republicans aren't going to vote for it so lets keep it secret from everybody because the Republicans actually have valid points.

I'm listening to the dems stroke their ego's. It's sickening.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is not 'emergency' legislation.

Yes, it is.

If you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you.

This is NOT emergency legislation. They can claim it is all they want. But when the fact of the matter is that a majority of the $$$ won't be spent until after the first two years ... then this is NOT an emergency. For anyone in DC to call it an 'emergeny' is insulting.

And for Obama to claim it would be 'catastrophic' if this didn't get signed right away ... :shk: That sets off the BULL meter - right into the red zone.

AGAIN ...

Obama's 509 promises

Promise #243 is broken

To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."

FIVE DAYS

So much for transparency. NO CHANGE.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by amazed

You and Benevolent heretic can't read. Your overlords and you dear "leader" said it would be up 48 hours ago. So everyone could read it. Start reading....see if you can get through all 1000 pages before the vote.

There were just talking to a woman on CNN who is a reporter I think, and she said she read the entire bill last night...if she can do it, the damned politicians can do it too.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looks like a big celebration is going on in DC. Party down all you stupid policy making heroes. Feel good about yourselves while it lasts. I'm gonna go out tonite and drown my sorrows and try to forget about this $*#&.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Obama has seen the light and learned the ways of Washington.... You can promise "transparency" but you must never let the people get in the way of important legislation especially when that legislation could be unpopular. May the force be with him.

Ladies and Gents, we have exchanged one puppet for another and that is the only change we have.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Honestly, though, if the economy is even starting to shape up in two years we'll be lucky.

And as for your quote, he has said he thinks this is an emergency. You happen to disagree with them, but 500,000 other people who lost their job this month may not.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
he has said he thinks this is an emergency.

Of course he's going to say that his pet non-stimulating 'stimulus' is an emergency measure. If it fails to go through it won't look good for him AND his buddies won't get all that money to play with.

500,000 other people who lost their job this month may not.

That's the point. Most of the money spent with this non-stimulating 'stimulus' won't help get jobs. And most of the money won't even be spent for at least two years. That's why this non-stimulating 'stimulus' isn't emergency legislature. That's why it can wait the FIVE DAYS that Obama promised during the campaigning.

Washington Times

$30 million to save Nancy Pelosi's mice isn't going to create jobs.

YES Irish-bud ... there is an economic emergency in this country. We absolutely agree with each other on that. But no, this non-stimulating 'stimulus' isn't going to fix it and it isn't an emergency measure. It's just a spendulous pork package that can wait the five days promised by Obama.

immediate edit

[edit on 2/13/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is NOT emergency legislation.

Well, I guess you know better than those who wrote it...

But when the fact of the matter is that a majority of the $$$ won't be spent until after the first two years ... then this is NOT an emergency.

Don't suppose you have a source on that?

The money starts flowing in just a few months.

Q&A How the Stimulus will Unfold

And the confidence provided by the passing of this bill constitutes it as an emergency. Deal with it. Or not. It doesn't matter to me.

They waived the 48-hour rule. They don't even have to have it up there for 48 hours, much less 5 days.

Again, From the actual Recovery Bill

3 SEC. 5. EMERGENCY DESIGNATIONS.
4 (a) IN GENERAL.-Each amount in this Act is des-
5 ignated as an emergency requirement
and necessary to
6 meet emergency needs pursuant to section 204(a) of S.
7 Con. Res. 21 (110th Congress) and section 301(b)(2) of
8 S. Con. Res. 70 (110th Congress), the concurrent resolu-
9 tions on the budget for fiscal years 2008 and 2009.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join