It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insect Anomolies...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is a very odd observation that I have been making over the last few years.

I work in a six story office building that is geothermal regulated so all the windows are sealed. I work on the 4th floor and on occasion I've noticed this particular small black fly species that appears in the washroom.

Over the years, I have killed a few and until recently, I never suspected it as being unusual until today. We have had some of the coldest weather on record, -6 right now.

It's the middle of winter, and here in this building is a new small black fly. Just defying the odds of somehow managing to make it through security sealed doors, and a security elevator alone is a feat.

To defy mother nature and simply exist in the dead cold of winter and still be alive and present in a hard to reach location for any insect.

I have to start wondering if these flies are either somehow breaching the very fabric of time/space finding some kind of anomalous wormhole or have a secret office in the building with a nursery that I don't know about.

At any rate, having seen so many of the same fly over the year in the same place strikes me as very very odd.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Is anyone really feeling cold in this cold weather or is it just me who is not, for some reason maybe due to age and weight, the cold has not got to me so bad even below zero. Hope it is not the Chemtrails.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The flies may in fact be living inside the building itself, perhaps within the walls, floors or even the soil of office plants (flies love these and will happily set up shop here). I doubt that they're coming in from outside at this point, though it is certainly possible. The fact that it is a particular type of fly and has appeared over a long span of time suggests that these are resident insects. You'd be surprised by the number of spaces within your building that small insects could make their home.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have noticed a small black fly at my house this summer. They were ever where by the 1000's. What made this fly odd was it would fly very slow and almost seemed tamed. If you swatted at one and missed it would not fly off. You could even pick them up and they would not try to fly off. They were here for about 3 weeks and then they all disappeared one day as oddly as they had showed up. Odd

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Insects are weird. I like when spiders walking suddenly sense your presence and watch you. I noticed that with jumping spiders... those lil' creepy critters will turn and follow you as you move near them.

And if you hold your finger in front of them, sometimes they'll jump on it.

This fly in the bathroom oddity is very strange considering the nature of the building I am in. Although I do not doubt they could be nesting in the building, but then... why only this species, why only one in the bathroom.

It's just very uncanny. I never see spiders in there, and we have swarms of these lil' jumping flies that sit outside the window during fall, and they never appear in the building either... I have never seen fruit flies, house flies or any other insect, just this one type of fly. And always one.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well how do ants survive the winter? They live underground and hibernate, some insects and animals freeze then come back to life again ike a chill out session.

top topics

join