It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video. Gerald Celente predicts "worst collapse ever"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

One of the highlights that I got from the video I lin ked was that unemployment in the States is more 13.5%. The US government doesn't add part time losses or the people who have given up looking in it's numbers.

Unemployment is measured in 6 ways by the Federal Government:

* U1: Percentage of labor force unemployed 15 weeks or longer.
* U2: Percentage of labor force who lost jobs or completed temporary work.
* U3: Official unemployment rate per ILO definition.
* U4: U3 + "discouraged workers", or those who have stopped looking for work because current economic conditions make them believe that no work is available for them.
* U5: U4 + other "marginally attached workers", or those who "would like" and are able to work, but have not looked for work recently.
* U6: U5 + Part time workers who want to work full time, but can not due to economic reasons.

The United States uses U3 to report unemployment, which is the number reported to us.

The actual unemployment of all work able American's is the U6 number, which currently as of Jan 2009 is 13.5%

EDIT:

Half my post seems to have disappeared...

Anyways.. scary vid clip.. this guy has put a lot of credibility on the line, and because I believe he is aware of that, and made such a dire prediction, I feel compelled to believe him.

Dark times are ahead of us..

[edit on 2/13/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
We went through much worse in the 30's and 40's. They were starving and freezing to death.

Neighbors did not start shooting each other. People just concentrated on trying to do whatever they could to feed themselves and their families. Then came WWII. Two tragedies, one right after the other that lasted almost 2 decades.

The USA didn't collapse, there wasn't anarchy. We got through it and will get through it again...

Not even close to being comparable to 1929. People in 1929 still knew how to grow a garden in their backyard. They knew how to sew their own clothes, milk a cow, raise chickens, slaughter a hog, make soap, practice home medical remedies, repair things that stopped working, etc., etc. ,etc. People were more rural and laid back and had a positive attitude in the face of adversity. They helped each other because they had empathy for their fellow man/woman.

Look around you. We've raised a couple generations of cry-baby, spoiled brats that only know kicking and screaming when things don't go exactly as they wish. Add to that the increased density of people living on top of one another, with no room to get away from danger. We have a time bomb ready to explode when a bank holiday is announced.

This is not one of those situations you can fluff-off as optional. To do so would possibly be at your own peril.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Yeah I'm already wondering what are these parents doing now that have over-indulged their kids for years and made their children believe they are the center of the universe. Now everyone is having to cut back on spending and I wonder how the spoiled brats who snap their fingers and mom and dad jump are behaving about that.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'd like to commend Russia Today for its provocative and intelligent journalism especially their recent coverage.

I haven't looked into it but I wonder about their interests.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"Collapse?" I can't help but laugh.

It's all based on debt. Debt banks create out of thin air.

Ever ask yourself how there could be so much money to lend? Banks create money they don't have. If this practice wasn't legal, we'd never have a depression.

The money problems can all be traced back to debt and compound interest created by the banks.

Everyone will think there's no profit to be had anywhere, no money to be made, and the economy will shut down because the debt burden is so large it no longer makes any sense for anyone to go into business.

Repudiate this debt, or we really will be in trouble.

JUBILEE YEAR OR DIE.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Hey, what kinds of things should we do to prepare? I can think of a few things but has anybody come across a thread dealing with this very important issue? I mean, we are all here talking about what we believe is the inevitable truth, but what is most important is we help each other get the word out about what steps one should take individually and as a group.

What have some of you ATS gurus done? I love this site and you people are all a blessing, whether you think so or not. Please chime in on this or maybe I should start a new thread?

Thanks and may God bless all of us!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I'm a Patriot, but I also know the consequences. Revolution should be a last resort, especially with the weaponry the opposition will have. A tax revolt is in our best interest.

Excellent Post! People need to read this one, one more time.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I know Gerry Celente - he lives in my town. Known him for years and he's been doing this "predictions" thing for a long time. I usually believe what he says... And I have to say I agree with most of what he is saying in this video too. Go Gerry!

"JUDGE THEM BY THEIR DEEDS!!"

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkNight
reply to post by bpg131313

Hey, what kinds of things should we do to prepare? I can think of a few things but has anybody come across a thread dealing with this very important issue? I mean, we are all here talking about what we believe is the inevitable truth, but what is most important is we help each other get the word out about what steps one should take individually and as a group.

What have some of you ATS gurus done? I love this site and you people are all a blessing, whether you think so or not. Please chime in on this or maybe I should start a new thread?

Thanks and may God bless all of us!

check out the website in my signature. All the information you'll ever need. Plus some you don't need but its awesome anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkNight

I am with you, what should we do comprehensively to survive should the SHTF. I think it's time to make preparations for the family and myself to endure and protect ourselves. I think maybe a new thread would be in order for this subject.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
More people need to be aware of what is REALLY happening here. All those Obama voters had no clue what they were doing.
His economic advisors are clueless!
This "stimulus plan" was JAMMED down the throats of the Reps, and the Senate (which is mostly Dems).
I never thought I would have to hear and LIVE the words "revolution" during my adult life.
We should listen to Glenn Beck and his 9 Principles! If we all go back to what our founding fathers wrote and believed in we might survive this crisis!
GOD HELP US!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hearing the truth delivered by Mr Celente is at the same time disturbing and refreshing.
This is the kind of information we are not getting via the usual channels. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Want to prepare, buy a gun and fire it often.......... Plant a small garden, talk to your neighbors, know your local surroundings within a couple miles, very intimately! Print out the satellite photos and laminate them for later use, know where the hunger masses will come from.

A tax revolt will just lead to an armed revolt, government can not allow you to think you don't need them. Government knows you don't need them, so inspiring the old American way isn't even on the playbook, just look at the .4 % of the stimulus going to small business.

Civilizations rise and fall, and some of the best times are to be had while they do, most times its just a little preparation not so much all the money you spend. A total reset of civilizations is rare but world wide events do cause them on regional scales. In the case of such reload events, these are the times of heroes and epics that will reign throughout the ages. In the case of mass extinction, just prepare your soul and hope the next life form to evolve is kinder upon your consciousness.

Just the ramblings of

NecromancerYHVH

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I agree with all your comments. So glad that everyone is finally waking up to the problem. I am a realist. 'Hope' is all very well, but one has to be a realist. We are living in unprecedented times. I reckon your best bet is to head for Australia where I live - however I realise not everyone can just pull up stumps and move. We in Australia will be affected but not I believe to the extent to the American population. If you do come here, do not come to the cities, go for country areas where you can grow your own food. I've been researching the GFC since September 08. It's not going to be pretty. Celente is good, also try Benjamin Fulford and LeviTarot, Alex Jones, Rense etc to get the truth. Forget main stream media, they are feeding you lies. Do your research on the net while you can. Good Luck

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
reply to post by rikk7111

I first heard Celente back in March predicting what would happen in Sept drop. I think he is dead on......in fact, he maybe taking it to lightly....I'm leaning more towards Alex Jones right now......

Alex Jones doesn't know economics any better than Paul Krugman.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by username371

"Collapse?" I can't help but laugh.

It's all based on debt. Debt banks create out of thin air.

Ever ask yourself how there could be so much money to lend? Banks create money they don't have. If this practice wasn't legal, we'd never have a depression.

The money problems can all be traced back to debt and compound interest created by the banks.

Everyone will think there's no profit to be had anywhere, no money to be made, and the economy will shut down because the debt burden is so large it no longer makes any sense for anyone to go into business.

Repudiate this debt, or we really will be in trouble.

JUBILEE YEAR OR DIE.

This is the reality here. We either require hyper inflation, or a complete absolution of a ton of debt.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I respect his credentials but this man is invoking fear into the public and setting us up for that mindframe of madness. Bless this man he'll sucumb to his own fears or lead the crazed madness. Typical curtain hanger.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
can't wait for this because it will be so entertaining lmfao

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am not suprised at all this is happening. From a young age I always saw that our system was weak and could collaspe over and over again. Here is the forumala for diaster: Low wages, High prices, high debt, and lets not forget in order to print money debt has to be created first. Captilism does not work either. It does not take a genuis to figure out the bottom would fall out sooner or later. I hate being right!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I just wander what will happen when people can not afford to live any longer? More crime? Katrina times 100? What if prices go up to compensate for the economic loss than what? If wages stay the same or go down. Once again the poor and the middle class get sh#t on. At least poor people have survival skills; I think more rich people who become poor will not know how to adapt. At least I have been low middle class to poor for years now so I know how to live on minimal money but if prices start going up I may have to rely on the bartering system.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join