It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What I saw was not a star. I saw Arcturus that night. This object was not it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I selected to place saved things into my documents...I tried Control S and then went to look in my documents and cant find any screen shots. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong...I really want to be able to posts a pic like you did.

Thanks for the info...I will try it again...hopefully with success!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I Live in the North East Of England, Middlesbrough To Be Precise. I have woken in the early hours of the morning on many occasions, to find what appears to be a larger than averge star in the sky probably 100 times larger. Twinkles like a star but moves across the sky until out of my view not an aeroplane, not a helicopter and last night as i got up to take a closer look a piece of the star broke off and dispersed. But not like a shooting star which i have seen twice before this was more like a feeler comin out of the larger star. Then this morning when i got up for breakfast both pan stands in my kitchen were flat with rubber legs with all the legs facing the same direction. I CANT EXPLAIN THIS !. can you.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its south, south east for me at about midnight viewed from London last night. I have noticed this star for several years around this time and each year it seems to get bigger and brighter. Not being an astronomer I have no idea what im looking at but it is bright.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Arcturus has been scintillating (twinkling) quite a bit lately from my point of view in the northeast United States, probably because of the humidity in the air during this time of the year.

Last night Arcturus was probably the brightest object in the western half of the sky (Jupiter in the east is brighter), and Arcturus' scintillation caused it to flash between orange to blue to white several times a second, while at the same time going from very bright to very dim (almost seeming to "twinkle off" for the ever-so-brief moment).

The scintillating of Arcturus made it a very noticeable object last night.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

So Arcturus would be what is so strong, bright, colourful and flashing every night?

You don't even need binoculars to see this thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am looking for an older thread but I see this one is still active so I will post here.

I saw this thing back in January or February. I was in the rocky mountains. It would just sit there and twinkle. I think it looks like a cop car just sitting there in the sky. It doesn't seem to move anywhere but I always go out later and check and often times it seems as if it just disapears from time to time.

I am in a whole different part of the country right now and walk out side and see it in the west. It is always in the same place every night. But sometimes its not there.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
WOW are people in this world that IGNORANT. I have EPS and i saw this in my dreams before i seen it, it's not a star, it's not venus, no it's not a satilite. The aztec calendar ends on dec 21,2012 and NO it does not mean the end of the world but it does mean the start of the 5th generation, the future the past and the prsent is all one wich means now. What will happened is that the day of dec 21 2012 is the intergaltic alinement of the universe and when that happeneds it will weaken our magnetic field around earth. And this will cause it to be the weakest it has ever been, wich will leave us open for solar flares and comets to enter earth. And the star in the sky changes colors is the false prophet returning, read the bible people, when time comes wich is near, it will be the battle against good vs. evil, where the devil unleashes to beasts, 1 from the water (the antichrist) and the 2nd beast from land wich is (the false prrophet)Think about it, look how bad the world is getting. I'll tell you one think life tends repeat itself, in otherwards the fate of the dinosaurs is thhe same as ours, the calstrophic weathers around the world, earthquakes ,floods, iceage. be ready for mad max time.only a 3rd of the world will survive. if you think i'm all hype, do research yourself and read the bible. I just hope you fate and in god , becuase you will be judged.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IhaveEPS

Whats EPS?

Encapsulated Postscript?
Earnings Per Share?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Expanded Polystyrene.
Good roof insulation.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Or...

EPS (condition): A very rare inherited disorder abnormalities of the inner and outer ear structures, missing kneecap and short stature as well as other physical and developmental abnormalities.

Probably not what he is referring to...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I agree, it is not a normal star or even a planet. I am an expat living in Mexico and we see crazy stuff all the time in the sky. Yes the ones that are multi-colored that you can see with the visible eye at night. They twinkle from white to red to blue and even to green.

Now for the big one in the sky, last night I saw an identically huge star to it in the sky...lets say in the west sky...i said to my boyfriend, wow now there is two! As i was saying that, all of a sudden this huge white star started moving in the direction of the original huge white star that we are all talking about. It was going at a fast clip too. As it moved another blinker star, as i call the multicolor blinking ones, it started moving downwards towards the horizon. I got the binoculars, no telescope, to look at this bright huge thing careening across the sky...and it looked like i was looking at a bright white flashlight..perfect orb,...huuuge. I mean people say satellites...a.) satellites follow an orbit, b.) they don´t emit that kind of light so you can see them like this in the sky. c) I know of no satellites that are as big as effin planets...

This thing motored across the sky until it was next to the big star in question..and we both saw it was the same size and the same brightness...which leads us to believe...THEY ARE BOTH VESSELS! Crazy crazy.and then it kept zinging by the star and then it was like it felt our gaze because it started diminishing in brightness gradually until it disappeared in the black cloudless sky.

When I look at the sky every night, those multi-colored blinkers are all over the sky...they outnumber and are bigger than the real visible stars at night This big huge star is not Venus or Mars or any other planet they are throwing at us. What was that huge white identical star that I saw flying across the sky?..what is going on? Has anyone else noticed this too?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skinnyminny
sky...and it looked like i was looking at a bright white flashlight..perfect orb,...huuuge. I mean people say satellites...a.) satellites follow an orbit, b.) they don´t emit that kind of light so you can see them like this in the sky. c) I know of no satellites that are as big as effin planets...

Has anyone else noticed this too?

Yes plenty of people but It is easy to get freaked out by something that you can't quite comprehend. Seems like you have never witnessed an Iridium satellite flare?

www.heavens-above.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

<< 25  26  27   >>

join