It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Try Stellarium:
www.stellarium.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

You can find a link here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Venus is very bright in the sky right now, but here is something to consider. Sorry if someone else posted this as well, I admit I didnt read all 23 pages.

Comet Lulin

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by fleabit

I'm just saying, there is NO way this is something new. It's flipping impossible.

Yes, and you would know, because your life experience and 300 years of science can determine what is possible or not on a galactic scale.

No, it's common sense, something radically lacking unfortunately.

It's like the post about a second sun! Er.. or it could perhaps be the double-paned glass. HMm... which is more likely... another sun that astronomers and everyone else on the planet failed to notice.. or.. a reflection.. hmm.

This, if it were new, would be huge news in astronomy circles. We have heard nothing. Ergo, it IS nothing. Common sense.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A friend called a few days ago and told me of this ("strange, 10 times larger/brighter then a star") thing in the sky to the west.

In my area it was cloudy so i didn't notice a thing

He sounded serious and i believed him.

He told me it was stationary at around 24:00 CET

Then an hour or maby less later he said, it went diagonaly toward the horizon and he couldnt see it anymore due to the woody area.

I told him: "Hey i hope they land in our town
"

Then today wile searching more info about the subject i found this thread and a usefull post with the link to the Stellarium program.

I inserted the timezone where its roughly 24:00 o'clock and my location's lenght and there it was Venus setting to the west exactly as his description.

Gona have to delay that welcome party

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks Chad for the link... Nice program and great that you can have the view from the other planets also...

Have to play with this one a bit...

Rgds

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I thought, I was the only one that's noticed a bright star in the sky, here is a picture I took out of my window of the bright star. Took this tonight about 2 hours ago at around 12:09AM. I don't know if you guys will be able to notice in the picture, there is a triangular shape of stars in the center of the picture. I don't know if that helps figuring out where this bright star might be located at..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Venus will be at its brightest TONIGHT....

So Venus lovers....make sure you check that out, by the end of next month she will leave our skies till next year!

She was huge and brillant last night! Just stunning, you cant miss her right now.

I have seen her this big a couple other times....I know some say they havent, but this is not new....it just doenst happen alot. Depends on her distance and her waxing or waning.

LV

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Armin

Armin,

Appreciate your time doing the pic...but I see no stars. I am going to try to get a pic tonight....looking forward to any more pics you might experiment with.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ha! so i'm not the only one that saw this.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No, it's common sense, something radically lacking unfortunately.

Common sense is based on our current knowledge and experience. Common sense tells me there is so much we don't know and understand, and common sense tells me that a lot of things people like you deemed impossible once, are now possible.

Peple shouldn't say that something is IMPOSSIBLE, when there is no way of knowing for sure.

That's ignorant.

Improbable, yes, impossible, no.

This, if it were new, would be huge news in astronomy circles. We have heard nothing. Ergo, it IS nothing. Common sense.

Agreed, this still doesn't make it physically impossible, though.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

no no please share we are very intersted in finding out . if you wish that is

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

I totally agree with what you said. Unless without a doubt proven, it is not definite....but dont ignore the the fact that unproven means possibilities.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hey guys, im from Lismore on the central east coast of Australia, and i have been seeing this 'star' for weeks. Somehow i doubt it is a star though as for the past 2 weeks i have seen it alone in the sky. Just this afternoon at sunset it was there by itself stationary for 2 hours, no other stars in site. This thing is huge! At least twice the size of a regular star and very bright. As sunset came closer it had these striations off light, and seemed to be burning as the shaped bulged oddly, it is hard to explain. Imagine a regular star, twice the size as a normal star and twice as bright, but it comes way too early to be considered a star, more like a comet or a UFO pretending to be a star. Anyways i got some pictures of it before my camera battery ran out (typical) but at the moment i cant find my charger. Tommorow though ill get my charger and see if i can get some more pics tommorow afternoon. Although regular camera quality aint great it is clearly visible. Give me 24 hours and ill send some pics in to ATS if anyone is interested. It is something other than a star, stars aint this big, and as i mentioned dont come out for 2 to 3 hours after this thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by captain planet

You are correct, it is not a star. It is Venus, a planet.

This is not uncommon for Venus, last time she was this bright, she was in a north east position, she looked like she would pop right out of the sky and fall to Earth for several days.

This is why I encourage others to watch her path from now till the end of March. She will disappear from our sky to continue her path and she wont return until 2010. I find it all harmonizing, watching the movements of the cosmos.

Tonight will be the best night to see her at her full light.

She also waxes and wanes, like the moon, which also effects the amount of light we see from her.

I think sometimes Venus gets filmed on a zoom and gets mistaken for a UFO. Im going to film the planet tonight and try it on zoom and see what the image comes out to be. Would be cool if others filmed it on zoom to see and compare.

LV

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, one thing is sure now. If it's Venus it should disappear at the end of this month as everyone says. But if it doesn't disappear and stays up in the sky then it will become very interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Tonight will be the best night to see her at her full light.

She also waxes and wanes, like the moon, which also effects the amount of light we see from her.

It should be noted that as Venus is at its crescent, it is, in fact, much closer to the Earth than when it is full, and therefore larger and has more light (I'll let you all use 'common sense' to figure out why).

Anyway....

I'm surprised at how many people are still discussing this. It should be pretty obvious what it is now.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Its Lulin on a target to destroy the earth. A small fragment of it already hit in texas. World economy has been screwy since Lulin was discovered two yrs ago. The rich elite already have their bunkers built.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
im in ohio aswell and i see it every night in the western sky at 7-930pm
its always there but i also get a weird felling like its not that far away,and
it does have a kind of twinkle. i thought it was a ufo . its always in the same spot but i cant see it every night.f**kin weird man.

the gov need to give us full discloser now befor its to late

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Safandjaro

Wrong! The North star (Polaris) is not very bright at all. In fact, it's kinda hard to see unless you know exactly where to look. Find the Big Dipper, then draw an imaginary line from the 2 stars at the end of the "scoop" and it will point to the North star.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join