It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This thread is kind of pointless without a picture. I would guess satellite or weather balloon, however.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you're talking about Venus. I've been watching it since it started showing up setting with the sun. (You know sometimes of the year it rises with the sun so we don't see quite as well.) But yeah it's huge and twinkling and looks crazy at night. I can go snap a few shots and be right back but I agree that it does seem to be getting brighter and I swear if there were aliens in our universe and they happened to live on Venus I would say they are having alot of flying activity because that sucker has been blinking more and more and looks bright as hell down here in GA at night. (I don't think aliens live on Venus it was just an example of how much it blinks at night.)

Sigh. It's out of my line of sight where I am at the moment. But I'm sure I can get a real good shot of it at work tomorrow. It's always almost right over head around 6:45 - 7:15 ish so I'll take a few shots and post em tomorrow.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Boogley]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I took this about a month ago in Houston. I have seen this multicolored star?? Since October of last year off and on. Search "UFO over Houston". I posted this thread a while back. The "Star" is distorted due to long shutter time and no tripod, but you can see red, purple, green colors clearly. Pay no attention to the red and blue spots above and to left in pic those are bad pixels on my cam.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I kept seeing one bright arse star in the afternoon around 3/4pm n this was a week or so ago in the UK cant say ive seen much of it since tho, but it'd always stand out during the day for me to see somewhere as night began to fall.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Changing color?? Never observed venus do that, maybe intense aurora/electromagnetic activity in their atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This star has been there every night with or without the moon, it is there for most of the night and sets in the west. I have not seen it near the moon. I live in GA.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Whatever it is I think that someone will use it to their advantage. Whether they were the cause of it or not, noone knows for sure whether it's a planet or not and the speculation is enough for people to give in and say it was......

Drum roll.....

Maitraya...

FM share Intl
Look now for the biggest miracle of all. In the very near future a large, bright star will appear in the sky visible to all throughout the world – night and day.
In the very near future, people everywhere will have the opportunity to witness an extraordinary and significant sign, the like of which has been manifested only once before, at the birth of Jesus. Then, according to Christian teaching, a star appeared in the heavens and led three wise men from the East to the birthplace of Jesus. Soon, once again, a star-like luminary of brilliant power will be seen around the world. What does this mean? How is it possible?
The answer lies in the fact that this mysterious event is a sign, and heralds the beginning of Maitreya’s open mission. Soon after the sign appears in our skies, Maitreya will give His first media interview on American television.

And then from the Matrix's propaganda headquarters, Reuteurs

Source
Since early January 2009, sightings of the star have been reported from Norway, South Africa, the United States, Dubai and Qatar. More and more sightings are now expected. Reports have already appeared in Norwegian newspapers.

A new article by Benjamin Creme's Master, who is based in the Himalayas,
reveals how close we are to witnessing this sign and the historic events which
will follow. Maitreya's first interview will lead to further and more frequent
interviews in the USA, Japan and other countries.

Now please don't shoot the messenger... I mean if it was as easy as just venus or something then why all the threads questioning it...

Its probably maitrayas buddies... the aliens he is bringing with him...

This is his story, not mine..

[edit on 13-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I live in Idaho and see this very very bright star, I always thought it was Venus, it was the brighter of the 2 stars/planets that made the smiley face with the sun sometime ago. But I can't help to notice that I have never seen Venus THIS bright before and I am an avid stargazer, ok maybe not avid, but I look up there quite often
!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by foremanator
However if I am not mistaken, Planets are not supposed to twinkle or change colour. And this one does.

I would say anything star or planet like would twinkle when observed from Earth because you are looking at it through the atmosphere, it's the polloution and other particles etc in the atmosphere that account for the twinkle.

Why don't planets twinkle?
In: Astronomy [Edit categories]

[Edit]
[Edit]

Because a planet isn't a star...

A planet reflects light, it doesn't create it.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
This thread is kind of pointless without a picture. I would guess satellite or weather balloon, however.

You don't need a picture just go outside and look up!
You cant miss it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

I live in SW FL........ I have seen this thing NUMEROUS NIGHTS FOR 2 YEARS NOW....... All I know is it's #ing HUGE. It IS NOT A STAR!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here are some youtube links.
I have been following most of the comments.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by foremanator

Bit vague really.

Got a location?
Direction?
Time?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
See, this is what i mean... no-one seems to know exactly what it is!!.. people keep asking, such as myself, and keep recieving confusing and different answers!..

It is by far the brightest thing ive ever seen up there, and it just sits there, doesnt twinkle, just looks like a solid ball of light.

In the uk, it seems to have gotten bigger than it was 2 months ago.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Merkabah]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

Download Stellarium and input your location then set it to the time you saw the light and see if it shows anything.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Nice job, that's exactly the blue-red twinkly one that I was talking about. Im not sure who mentioned it was a satellite but you're mistaken. I"ve looked at it with 87x Magnification on a clear night and it looks similar to a star.

The orange coloured star that rises in the east and sets in the west is Saturn. I've seen the little bit of the rings that are showing this year (the rings are laying flat on our visual plane) so I can guarantee that one.

Venus is the easiest light in the sky to identify (aside from the moon). Its the brightest, has a white-green glow and if you're looking at through binoculars or even a cheap telescope it will show phases due to the fact it's orbit around the sun is inside of our own.

Thanks for those youtube links foremantor.

Peace

Edited - Im not sure why the star in his video is twinkling red but after watching all 4 of those links, the size and intensity of that light as well as location has me thinking that those videos are just showing Venus .

-- The red-blue twinkly one is most definitely not Venus --

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
For the last couple of months i have been looking at a really bright object that i belive to be venus it is all on its own when no stars are vissable this one still shines bright

Or is it the north star? if i had a commposs? it looks bigger and closer than star's are is this venus?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
For a few weeks now I'm also wondering about this "star" here in the Netherlands it was very bright and a few weeks ago it was just below the moon.

I'm regulary looking up in the sky and I know the north star is very bright too, but if it is the north star it is much brighter as before.

I heard it was Venus and that brought an end to my curiosity, but now I read this discussion it is back again.

Is a planet so bright? Does It stay visible for so long ( now for a month or so)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Folks!

Download Stellarium

It will show you everything that is supposed to be in the sky at any time at any location.

There's nothing to stop you from finding out what that bright object in the sky is.

If Stellarium doesn't show it, then you might have something interesting to talk about.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If the planets are getting brither it means Earth is moving closer to them - something is drawing the Earth system closer to the other systems.
I saw this very bright star and see it every night but am not sure if it is Mars or Venus , but it looks like Mars,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join