It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire Fires First Shot Of Civil War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Link to full content of the bill here:

www.gencourt.state.nh.us...

Resolution Immediately Voids Several Federal Laws, Threatens Counterstrike Against Federal “Breach Of Peace”

February 4th, 2009 Commentary by Pat Dollard on his website:

The New Hampshire state legislature took an unbelievably bold step Monday by introducing a resolution to declare certain actions by the federal government to completely totally void and warning that certain future acts will be viewed as a “breach of peace” with the states themselves that risks “nullifying the Constitution.

Woah woah woah... settle down there, you Free State Project hooligans, you.

Who said anything about nullifying the very document that guarantees our rights as citizens of this nation?

Maybe I'm just wearing my tin-foil hat a little to tight here, but wouldn't this be a case of the puppet master playing with his toys? Catch and release... Feds push, states shove, Feds cry wolf and declare martial law, States nullify the constitution and prepare for anarchy/civil war/revolution/keg party.

Please tell me I'm interpreting this wrong??

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
They can do what they wish, for all I care, just as long as they no longer receive any federal funds.

Yes I am sure they would be more than happy with that arrangement considering they get back only $0.71 for every dollar they pay in federal taxes.

You know what else is funny California and New York get back only $0.78 for every dollar. For some reason I think that their budget deficits would be covered by that remaining $0.22.

Here is my source www.taxfoundation.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I see what you're saying. I'm curious about that myself. The way I read it was that they would REVERT back TO the Constitutional Guidelines if the Federal Government continued to Nullify it.
That sounds like hokey wording.
The perspective I have had on it was that it was a good thing... legally and morally.
In Fact, it has been the Federal Government who has nullified the agreement with the States, and they are threatening against the furtherance of any grievances.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Maybe this is why Senator Gregg withdrew his nomination as Sec of Commerce?

IMO, it's a good opportunity for him to speak for New Hampshire.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Unfortunately, you seem to be correct. This is all going to lead to either a war or something is going to happen where we will be the anarchy of north america or something like that.

The NWO will never get a shot at ruling us because everything will lie in ruins.

I wonder though, blackwater mercenaries. They work for the US government, and they are just as powerful as the US army, in fact there are more blackwater troops in iraq then there are US army troops. Where do you guys think blackwater will fall in here? On our side? Or the federal governments?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition;

Straight from the dirt sheet itself. Goes on to talk about power reverting back to the states, yadda yadda yadda... 3/4th vote needed to create a new government of the USA, blah blah blah....

I can see where they are coming from, to a point. The power would revert back to the states, therefore the Constitution of the United States would have no more power. It would all be found within your respective state's constitutions.

Still they could've said "in the act of the Feds acting like total jerks, we will place this very very very important document in our attics in a safebox for safe keeping until its alright to step outside again."

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Now, if people want to get serious, they'll hit them where it really hurts. In the pockets. Refuse to pay Federal income tax.

It already happened with the tax rebellions back in i believe the 70's... the IRS even shot at unarmed Bob J. Matthews for a minor tax violation during that time, he then moved and the Fed came to his place of work and tried to have him fired

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, someone needs to fire the first real shot. This country needs to change and it needs to do it quick. Revolution, Restoration, Civil War, whatever lets get on with it!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Well, someone needs to fire the first real shot. This country needs to change and it needs to do it quick. Revolution, Restoration, Civil War, whatever lets get on with it!

^that right there. I completely agree. The longer we wait, the worse the economy and everything gets. I hope this thing would just start tomorrow so it can be done with, and not have to play the little games the federal government is playing.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

You beat me to it. Now if the rest of the states would only do the same.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Watch this state really getting the pressure put on it now.

Hope the gubners got a good lawyer! LOL

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Actually The US Constitution is the SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND. Period. Without exception. The Fed can "say" anything they wish... The FACT is NH is absolutely spot on with regards to Law and the Constitution. They deserve a medal.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
this story has been devloping for a little while now on this site since the legislation was first propose. Notice however, no mainstream media source has mentioned it. Clearly our information is being tightly controlled when the action of a state legislature is kept under wraps.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

You beat me to it. Now if the rest of the states would only do the same.
They are. There are damn near 20 now.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blackopsman

YES but it grantees State rights.SO if FEDs encroch 9 and 10 amendment the Sates have the Duty to prevent this.

9th
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

thats why states have thier own consitution but it should confirm to the US constitution.SO if the federal govt does things which erode states right the states can PUt up notice to the fed that they are violating the 9th and 10th amendment.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
It's interesting but I don't see how NH, or any other state, would enforce such action. The military belongs to the fed, and no state militia could stand up to the firepower or budget of the US military. Besides, they'll lose the propaganda war too. When it's boiled down, the MSM will report such states and their leaders as upstarts and radicals bent on tearing the United States apart. Proud to be an "American" indeed. And when was the last time the SCOTUS sided with state rights over the fed? I'm asking seriously for anyone who is better informed than myself.

I admire the sentiment and believe in the motivation and ideal, but it's a lot of posturing in the end that I sadly don't see amounting to much except misery if and when the states attempt to do more than simply talk about it.

Now, if people want to get serious, they'll hit them where it really hurts. In the pockets. Refuse to pay Federal income tax.

The military belongs to the fed.... Hmmm You may have a point there. However the National Guard belongs to each State. And the US Military will have MANY high ranking officers that will refuse orders because they are Illegal. I think we should the Military more credit than we do. Sure some will do whatever they are told... Yet I think we will all be very shocked to see how fast the chain of command breaks down and fragments.... Remember they all took an OATH to protect us from ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. Just because the DC Scumbags wipe their ass with that oath the soldiers UNDERSTAND that oath and take it very serious. One thing is for sure.... It's going to be absolute fing mayhem....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
w00t! New Hampshire! Live free or die...

I think every state should be as proactive as this...maybe then we wouldn't have a CorpGov who felt comfortable enough to pass trillions in bailouts for their Bankster friends.

So true. It's great to see that if martial law or something were declared that at least a few individual states wouldn't put up with it.

Just out of curiosity, have you read 1984 by George Orwell? CorpGov sounds like a Newspeak word, like doublespeak or thoughtcrime.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Well sir is there room for a conservative parcel and a progressive parcel?

If so we don't need a war... I wish you CONS all the best!

YOU can have guns and no taxes

We can have man marriages and healthcare

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I can already see what the media and federal governments response will be to this. Today was the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birthday, and all day on CSPAN I watched people praise Lincoln and talk about how his greatest achievement was keeping the country unified. The disturbing thing was how many of the people seemed to be criticizing the very idea of states rights by saying the federal government must do anything in its power to keep unified or else we will get evil states that have slavery.

Now we see Obama praising Lincoln everyday. It will be easy for him and the media to spin the federal government trying to keep power from the evil states just like Lincoln did. In addition to that, you will start to hear claims that the specific laws the state outlined in this resolution being wrong. Heres an example "New Hampshire wants to have no federal control over speech, but that will allow pedophiles to talk to our children easier" and other arguments like that.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by toast317

Blackwater has been banned from Iraq. They are # bag hired gun that will work for whomever pays them the most.... They are likely to be employed by the FED.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join