It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seti monitor!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Today when I checked Seti Monitor for a look at the graphs it told me that workunit 129 and 131 had interesting pulses! It has never informed me of this to my knowlegde. I've had Seti on for some 800 hrs.

is there a way i can check graphs by wu# in seti mon or will i need something else?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenchecker0945
Today when I checked Seti Monitor for a look at the graphs it told me that workunit 129 and 131 had interesting pulses!

is there a way i can check graphs by wu# in seti mon or will i need something else?

Hi CC0945!

Very good!!
I'm not sure what type of graph you are refering to here - sorry
With SETI Monitor you can go to the archived WU's eg your 129 and 131 and view them by using the drop down menu. For example, SETI Monitor reported that some of my WU's are interesting, like so:

Does this help CC please?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hi CC0945, I too have several WUs that are reported as having interesting pulses in them. you can click on the graph that is in the image that Genya posted in your SETImonitor and have a look at an image of the pulses and gaussians. This is what my best gaussian so far looks like

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Much help from everyone! Thanx that was the firsttime it had informed me of this. I've added 2 more computers to my seti@home so i should start dumping out even more wu. Trying to get to the top but its a long way!
Computer 1 Athlon 64 running at 2Mhz 1 gig ram
Computer 2 Athlon 1.6 Mhz 768 mbytes
Computer 3 Pentium 1.2 Mhz 512 mbytes

Keep on Trucking

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Cheers CC0945!!

You're welcome - and the "number crunchers" you have at your disposal will get you moving up the board in no time at all - look at the way DirtyDevil is rushing up the chart - he'll catch me in around 18 days

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
how do you get a archive like that to come up? I have the seti@home but don't see anything like that. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
if you're talking about the chart in my post muzz, you simply have to click on one of the orange blue or green lines on the display in your SETImonitor to get the info on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
how do you get a archive like that to come up? I have the seti@home but don't see anything like that. -Muzz

Hi muzz!

Have you downloaded SETI Monitor?
This is a "add-on" and not part of SETI@home. You can get this (it's freeware) from here

Aplogies, of course, if I'm not helping here?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the help. I will download the add-on ASAP. Thanks. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
Thanks for the help. I will download the add-on ASAP. Thanks. -Muzz

No worries muzz!!
There's some vey good add-ons available, check out SETISpy too. Available here . It's very "pretty", sits in your sys tray and gives you lots of useful info about - well - everything you need to know about your computer, the WU, the team,.....

top topics

join