It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things are bad: What do we do about it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Things are bad: What do we do about it?

www.informationliberation.com

Everybody knows things are bad in the world. Everything is not peachy. The problems are innumerable, the economy, our freedoms, our happiness, our quality of life, we are suffering in all aspects of life and though we hope for a better future we feel as though the things which are outside of our control will only get worse. The situation we are in is overwhelming, we feel like there is something we can do but we don't know what to do!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What would happen if people stopped believing in hypostatized concepts like money, religion and government?

I realize this isn't exactly "breaking alternative news", but I hope the mods will allow me to share a profound and inspirational message during these difficult and perilous times.

Definitely worth pondering: InformationLiberation.

Whenever anyone is faced with this overwhelming situation, the question always becomes "what do we do about it?" Do we run out on the streets? Do we protest and go on strike? People do not really know what to do, they just do nothing or else they go and look for an out to it all. They join some political party or they become religious or they start drinking or taking drugs. They try to make money or work their way out of it, or they try to pleasure their way out of it with food or sex.

There are many different paths people can take, but what they all have in common is this: Avoidance.

www.informationliberation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Crakeur]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Bad....you kidding? Bad does not even come close to suming up this feasco. I wished it was just "bad". I wouldn't be so dam nervous at times but it (this world) is far worse that just bad, its terminal.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yep, I'd say "bad" is an understatement. This pretty much sums it up:

We've all been born into a nightmare and we're just now waking up to how terrifying and all encompassing it all is. We are searching for outs but there are none, we are hoping to one day wake up and find it was all a bad dream.

But maybe it is just a bad dream where the objective is to awaken.

If you don't know you're in prison, how can you escape?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Again I find a thread that my book addresses.

Yes, things are bad, and as long as we are held in a scarcity paradigm - one that suggests that there is not enough to go around, and that we need money - things will ALWAYS be bad. Money is a control device.

But we can break out of it, this scarcity paradigm into one of abundance - where all one wants or needs to pursue one's bliss (be it archaeology, scuba diving, playing video games, playing baseball, painting, hunting for cures, programming, investigating quantum mechanics, sitting on a beach with friends smoking, cooking for others, and so on)..

If we can open ourselves to the knowledge that the Universe has WAY more than enough to go around, we can change how things are, eliminate the root of all evil (the love of money - for when money is NOT power, no one will love it), and provide a choice to all humans of living as today's Elite live.

My book is linked in my sig as well as the discussion thread. Thanks to any who read it, and especially to those who review it and make comments in my comment thread!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To have children in such a time is an irresponsible act, IMO.
They are the future slaves who are one day working for temporary agencies.

Greetings

[edit on 12-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter
To have children in such a time is an irresponsible act, IMO.
They are the future slaves who are one day working for temporary agencies.

Unless we can cast off all slavery to machinery...which we can do, for the first time in history right now.

I discuss a solution in my book - or rather, present it in action and what the final result might look like. I invite you to read it. It's linked in my sig and is FREE.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Things seem pretty fine to me. There's a lot of real bargains out there. I expect the economy to work its way out of this downtrend within 6 months, or so. I think too many people ae buying into the media hype.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Things are bad it is only starting. I knew this was coming from my understanding of Scripture that I will explain my own words first.
We are like Sardis a city in the Bible that was rich and became compromised and poor. Till at the end (Rev. 3:3 & Isa. 60 :10 looking back at this event) the bottom will fall out due to a legal act dating from the S & L situation from the 1980s-92. The property transfer will form a massive black hole. That is likely related to the UN park to be formed. I expect this to happen in 2012 as in 1992 it was stated that it would take 20 years to come to trail but the press gave few details. How long this graveyard last it could be just months or even four years. The lack of money is a cause for corruption in laws. As Jewish Tradition it is stated that before Noah's flood it was not uncommon for a person to marry a dog, horse or cow. In the case of Sodom's judgment. It seems the homosexual cities that were distroyed had *judges*. One ordered beds in the streets for the public homosexual rape of any passer by. It is an extreme state of liberal reasoning. That is evil due to law.

This black hole seen also in Ezk.37. verse 12 shows the church coming to life and the dead coming out of their graves. Other para normal signs will be seen as a warning because seven years later a second legal property transfer will start the Great Tribulation. The same as what happened in Plato's story of Atlantis.

The Four horsemen... Four is a number for universal and means a *story*.
!). A massive property transfer by legal act.
2). Seen as a gross injustice as it happens a second time. A blood bath or civil revenge and makes for the US to be in a weaken state.
3). Invaded by a weaker army. In our case the UN. They will have all goodies go to the top and the public gets peanuts.
4). The result is starvation and illness and massive death.
After one looks at all the dead from this you have as Plato stated distroyed by the gods. That is a list of plaques directed by God against the US.
This happens in the first half of a seven year Great Tribulation and it is gone before the last 3 1 /2 years so it is not seen in Scripture.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I wish ATS wasn't so fanatical about not allowing short articles.

Not many people click on links and this one was really worth it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This thread hasn't received a single flag, but I still feel strong enough about it to quote a very important message:

We live in a faith-based system, we live in a belief system, we think it is real and a distinct substance but it is not, we are only regarding it as such.

Just as the power of money would cease to exist if people did not believe in it, the power of government would cease to exist if no one believed in it. And I say that knowing what I'm talking about is a nonexistent entity which does not exist outside of peoples minds.

You see, when you understand this the problem is not what do we do about it, the problem is why have people ceased for thousands of years to realize this extremely basic fact of life? Why do people believe this nonsense and let it run their lives?

Because at the root of everything is the most basic human condition and the most basic and all pervasive of human problems, the avoidance of the obvious. Everybody knows what is wrong with the world and themselves, the problems are not complex, but people avoid the basic solutions which are staring them right in the face. They do not want to face up to the truth, they do not want the responsibility which it implies, they are afraid of life and of actually living.

This is the real problem with the world, it's blatant and it's staring you in the face. When you look at a puppy or a child they are free, they don't recognize the false belief systems and fake systems of control which we "civilized" adults all believe are basic and real, all they recognize is life, their feelings, their soul, their spirit, these things are the essence of life.

People believe themselves to be their beliefs, they say things like "I'm a Christian,"
"I'm a Democrat,"
"I'm a Philosopher,"
"I'm a Salesman,"

No. That is what you believe yourself to be. What you really are is your spirit, you are your mind, your soul, you are your feelings, you are your yearnings and your hopes and dreams. You are the spirit you had in you as a child and the spirit that is in a gallant puppy dog at the park.

You've been tricked into hypostatizing so many beliefs to the point where you actually think that they are what you are. I am here to tell you that you are not your beliefs, you need to wake up to this, this is the only thing keeping you from being truly free. Everyone needs to realize this, stop believing in the system and realize there is no system. Stop believing and start living!

Once you realize all this the question becomes how do you regain life? When you really look at life you see how all life is spontaneous in origin, it happens of itself. There is nothing to "do" there is just something to "be." We need to reinvent the term "be yourself" to literally mean "be" yourself. Nowadays it means much more "do" yourself IE "be the best lawyer or salesman or businessman you can be through doing lots of work!"

It took years to brainwash you and suppress your spirit and it will take time to deprogram yourself and refresh your spirit, but with every little victory you, and the world, will become more free!

"Trust the quiet inner voice that tells you what to do. You hold your life in your hands, don't entrust it to anyone else, least of all to your chosen leaders. BE YOURSELF! Any number of great men have told you that." - Wilhelm Reich

top topics

join