It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi Tech thieves push banks to brink of global disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Gang 'tried to steal £229m from bank'

www.independent.co.uk...

Computer hackers cloned passwords after being smuggled in by corrupt security guard, court is toldIn 2009 we will see an unprecedented number of cyber theft's.
As the IMF, and commercial banks, and other financial institutions struggle to stay on top of the meltdown they will also be pressed as never before to defend and protect thier security from cyber theft. What actions might the banks be promted to take next to protect the money?

Nations vie for power, and greed is on the rise. Some, like the Somali priates that hijacked the Saudi ship become more desperate. Thieves are looking for the "big one".

How does this play into the end game? A paperless currency? Just as the IMF was cyber-hacked back in 2008, it is that easy for high tech thieves.
www.foxnews.com...

I see the connections, and how even terrorism could shift from actual physical assaults to cyber hijacking of the banking systems.

What might we be facing some day in the next year or two? Will it always be so easy to make a deposit at the bank? Withdrawls?

[edit on 12-2-2009 by burntheships]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't see the issue in that cyber thieves can take billions.

We already have Wall Street and government thieves taking billions from taxpayers and they can just make computer entries to make up whatever is leftover.

Besides, I really doubt that the financial elite would keep critical information unsecured, it is their only means to power.

edit* Yes I am very cynical about our current financial system.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by wutone]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is an excuse to exculpate the Banksters.

They will create and seek out cyber-terrorists now. Mostly, they will be targeting those who 'offend' the financial community's sense of entitlement.

It's ALWAYS an inside job by the way, when such things happen.

new topics

join