It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmm, how wrong this site is...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I just wanted everyone to see the stupidity that exists out there in the world-

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

Hmm new aircraft?, The YF-22a Black Widow II?

I think not...

Shattered OUT...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
did that site call the f23 blackwidow the f22a ?
(i want an f23 so bad!!!)

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Put this site up with the Stavatti site. 2 down... probably 40,000 to go folks.
Were on a roll.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This might make a nice avatar.

That's about all this site is worth....

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Heh! I saw that and snagged it myself. That's a nice image and one I had not seen before. Some good has come of this.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Big mistake in the title, huh?!

And I guess he wasn't able to find any pics of the YF-23, they're all YF-22's (except for the first one).

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Big mistake in the title, huh?!

And I guess he wasn't able to find any pics of the YF-23, they're all YF-22's (except for the first one).

Actually, go on to read the paragraphs, the guy mentions alot about the F-22a and the F-23, only he keeps mixing up the designations and keeps on typing the wrong information.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
black widow II? so is there a black widow I? i woud have to agree with the rest of u. this is totally bogus. how about posting sites of REAL new planes?

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
black widow II? so is there a black widow I? i woud have to agree with the rest of u. this is totally bogus.

The bogus part is not the black Widow ll, it is the mistaking the YF-22a for the YF-23.

The Black widow ll is a very real aircraft, it is the massed produced version ahead of the prototype.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
This might make a nice avatar.

Kinda sucks that this is the YF-22. The early version.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by silQ
black widow II? so is there a black widow I? i woud have to agree with the rest of u. this is totally bogus.

The bogus part is not the black Widow ll, it is the mistaking the YF-22a for the YF-23.

The Black widow ll is a very real aircraft, it is the massed produced version ahead of the prototype.

Shattered OUT...

The YF-23 is/was called the Black Widow ll because it was named after the WW2 Northrop P-61 Black Widow night fighter. I can't believe that site's still wrong, I personally E-mailed the owner about the fact that he confued the YF-22 and YF-23 a while back.

Sheesh! I guess ignorance is harder to get rid of than I thought!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah i gotta agree...that site really really is WRONG!!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ghost that is not why the BlackWidow II is called what it is, it is called the BlackWidow II because the original had a design on the back that looks like a BlackWidow spider, so the test pilots named it the BlackWidow II.

My mistake, there is the BlackWidow I, just BlackWidow II.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would have though that it had the spider motif painted on it because it was called the Black Widow II, after the P-61 Black Widow. As was said earlier in the thread.

It makes more sense to me than to say it was named that because it had one painted on it.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i love the YF 23 i want it soo much,why cant the RAF just buy the YF23 off america and scrap thier jags or something?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It is alot more complicated than that, the RAF probably cannot afford the YF-23, the government(U.S.) did not put the YF-23 into mass production for costs(on of many problems), although it is probably better than the raptor, but money is short.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
It is alot more complicated than that, the RAF probably cannot afford the YF-23, the government(U.S.) did not put the YF-23 into mass production for costs(on of many problems), although it is probably better than the raptor, but money is short.

Shattered OUT...

yeah .....................but................ its not fair!
i dont think they put it in over costs i think it was some politition! god damm them!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There was a joint Northrop/BAe proposal to build a version of the YF-23 for the RAF to meet the FOAS requirement.

It was after the F/A-22 had been selected and was probably just a way to salvage the programme.

The illustration I saw showed a two seat version which had the butterfly tail removed and instead it had twin canted fins mounted on the top of the nacelles but right outboard, no horizontal stabiliser at all was shown. This may, of course, have been a speculative illustration rather than an accurate one but it looked really cool in RAF markings!

The picture and a brief description were all I saw of it and I've found absoutely nothing since. However, using my own judgement I would say that production would depend on US adoption of the aircraft as well, as a likely production run of just 160 or so for the RAF would be impossible to afford.

Still, like I said, the concept looked great!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i love the YF 23 i want it soo much,why cant the RAF just buy the YF23 off america and scrap thier jags or something?

Probably because it was to cost even more then the Raptor

But I agree - the YF-23 was such an ass kicker! Maybe the Navy will take a look at it....

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Probably because it was to cost even more then the Raptor

But I agree - the YF-23 was such an ass kicker! Maybe the Navy will take a look at it....

the US navy with better planes than the US air force?
hmm
now that would definantly be interesting in war games.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join