It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Can No Longer COMPLAIN! Look at this brave girl.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist1978

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
I'm sorry but another person's bad draw in life does not trump my first amendment rights.

Who the @#$@ do you think you are telling me I no longer have my right to free speech?

Vas

WHOS VIOLATING UR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS

WHO SAID YOU NO LONGER HAVE UR RIGHT 2 FREE SPEECH

awaiting ur reply with intrest...............

The title of the thread says "We Can No Longer COMPLAIN!"

Oh, I almost forgot. There's a key between the shift and the tab key on your keyboard, explore it or I will not be responding to anything you write in the future as I ussually don't respond to people who yell at me.

Vas

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

HA HA HA!!!! My sentiments EXACTLY, just didn't think there was proper to say it. Thanks for doing it for me!

And the picture of her as a little girl got me right in the heart. She's a spitting image of my Brianna. What an amazing set of parents she must have. What courage. It makes our problems pale in comparison.

Amen her parents must have been something else,makes you stop and realize what determination can accomplish.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

FYI,

She flies the Ercoupe, interesting enough this plane can be flown by a sport pilot (no major radio work needed) and DOES NOT require rudder inputs with the feet, coordination is done automatically via mixing the inputs of the yoke only. Same applies to nose wheel steering, all done using the yoke. So she must adjust power settings with the other foot... that is just too cool.

The perfect airplane for someone with NO arms and lots of guts, and YES she is BRAVE to fly a plane with her feet...

A member of my flying club destroyed one of these not to long ago, and he has both his hands... I should print him this article for maximum shame effect

en.wikipedia.org...

Congrats on your sport pilot ticket!

[edit on 12-2-2009 by ivymike]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Er.. no, she doesn't do what we all do with arms. She does many things none of you have probably considered doing without them. If nothing else, she is trying to encourage others with disabilities to break out of their shells, which is great.

I can't fathom why people wouldn't be inspired by stories like these, unless they are either jealous, or so jaded, that nothing phases them.

I'm much more disgusted with actors, who suddenly embrace a 'cause' because one of their children is inflicted. My child has cancer.. omg.. cure cancer!!!

I guess my biggest question is this. On these boards, where there are dozens and dozens of endless threads predicting gloom, doom, hate, and fear-mongering, why can't those of you who like dumping on inspirational stories just stay out of threads like this one? Oh.. yea.. because it wouldn't fit in with your agenda that we are all clueless sheeple-pawns, that our planet is going to be destroyed in the last 20 / in the next 20 years (i.e. constantly predicted), that the NWO is going to take over, and that one day you hope something terrible happens, so you can take your BoB and live up your happy dreams of trying to survive off the land, avoiding our evil government.

Oh.. and to the person who said she is tricking herself and not 'accepting' her disability: You are the one tricking yourself. She is living her life to her fullest. While you are wallowing in cynic despair and hate.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Everyone has to *rise above* in one way or another in this life.

How are we, with another reality, fighting our own hell, people who posses a completely different character and *self* than hers - supposed to hold her up as a shining example of *what you can be if you only try*?
IMO - that’s a crock.
You can't compare peoples *hells*.

And if you asked her would she even call herslef handicaped?
I don't think so.

All she proves (in my opinion) is she was born with tenacity and strength of character to overcome what is recognized as a defect.
She went about her life with what life gave her.
No different than anyone else.

Now, if she was born WITH arms, and then they were taken from her in some horrible disfiguring accident my point of view would be completely different.
If she over came the loss of something she once had - well, that’s a whole other set of circumstance and then, yes, I'd call her brave.

What I see in her is a young woman who was smart enough to get her pilots license - no small feat that.
A young woman who used her self discipline and dedication to rise in a martial arts discipline.
That's all to be applauded.

But it has nothing to do with her having arms or not, and I think if you asked her she’d tell you the same thing.

peace

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
HERO - maybe.

INSPIRATION - Definately!!

DETERMINATION - HELL YEAH!!!

I wish her well in any endevor she pursues in the future!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Holy Crap man! Get over your self!!!

You sound like you might be a smart guy... Give her credit for what she has done.

Are YOU a pilot? It's not easy to be one with two arms as far as I know...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You sound like you might be a smart guy... Give her credit for what she has done.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
what is it that people aren't allowed to complain about again?

i mean she's an amazing girl.. and should make people think twice before not being grateful for what they have.. taking it for granted..

but to cease ... discussing tough times currently afoot because of the girl's circumstances??

imo, pictures of baby polar bears have more impact on the masses.ard.

i think your thread title is like.. targeted at people's unhappiness. alot of other people are going through very tough times too, op.

and on a more esoteric note.. if you subscribe to the multiverse theory that's being thrown around in quantum physics circles nowadays...
then there is a multiverse where you, OP... are that girl.. and she is the one posting about you..

so.. good for you both..

doubt people will stop complaining about their country's collapse though.. lawaawlss...

-
-

[edit on 13-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by King neptune117
I have a syndactly on my left hand. The fingers are way shorter than normal and on top of that im missing some knuckles. I am like ubsessed with video games and I type about 75 words a minute when im trying (no looking at keyboard). When I was born they said I would need a special keyboard and that I would never be able to drive.

Proved them wrong.

Humans are very good at adjusting to things, especially people born certain ways, like blind people for example. Humans are amazing.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

i think your thread title is like.. targeted at people's unhappiness. alot of other people are going through very tough times too, op.

One thing I hate is when people are depressed, and someone says to them, look at those people they are way worse off, they can't eat, they are suffering, your lucky.

As if THAT is supposed to make you feel better haha, other peoples pain make me feel sadder not better, makes me feel worse, it does NOT cheer me up, so please don't try lol.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

No *S*.
Try reading my post - that's exactly what I said.
lol

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wow- wow- wow

I cannot believe that this thread has actually degenerated into a petty debate about if this girl is "brave", posters CRYING cause they feel I've actually meant they have no right to "complain", and/or general mean-spiritedness!

I posted what I thought was a sweet and touching story to maybe give some of you a small ray of brightness to counteract all the garbage we have to see and deal with every day.

To all the posters who tried to spew your negativity, SHAME ON YOU!

To all the posters and readers who found this a little inspirational, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I think it's brave.

But what about buttons that are located above you in an airplane?

That doesn't concern me. What I wonder about it how she can keep her feet on the rudder pedals and the control yoke at the same time? At one point during getting up to speed and rotating the aircraft she has to transition from the foot pedals to the yoke, at that point she has no yaw control of the aircraft.

Also if she gets a crosswind she cannot take off or land, the aircraft has to have the controls crossed up. In other words you have to have your feet on the rudder pedals and hands on the control yoke simultaneously, because they have to be coordinated in opposite directions in order to slipi the airplane sideways.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Right not to mention people who feel like this...

reply posted @ 04:32 PM by miriam0566
some babies are born blind, or without limbs, or maybe handicapped, that does NOT mean that god ment them to be that way.

I really don't know what to say to that?

I just try to stay with the postives of this story..
And leave the ignorant the bicker umoungest themselfs..

[edit on 13-2-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I hope you did not think I was being negative.

I just could not figure out how she could fly a plane. I didn't read the link did it say if she soloed in the aircraft, I thought it said the the instructor school planes used were not modified. It would have to have a way of use the rudder and yoke at the same time. At least a twist grip of some sort on the yoke?

[edit on 14-2-2009 by LoneGunMan]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join