It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the only reason all Americans just bend over and GET ******??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Could it be Tecnology is the Top Reason Americans are so Pathetic and Just "Take it"?

Supposedly We have one of the Top Standards of Living in the World, with our Imaginary Wealth.

This allows Us Access to Horde Massive Amounts of Technology Laden "Goodies", built from the Lower Standard of Living, Foreign Labor Populations.

Could it be they Don't "Take it", being as they're not "Chained" to a Computer on the Internet, Listening to Music on their I-Pod's, While waiting for their Pre-Processed TV Dinners to Cook in Their Microwave Ovens, While their Cellphone is Beeping Away in the Background and Their Siblings are Arguing Who's got the Highest Score on Mortal Combat 22?

Could the 20th Centurys Most Rapid Advances of Technology in Mankinds History be to Blame for our Current Indifference?

Could this be the "Real" Conspiricy?

Our own Insatiable Lust for Knowledge and the Comforts it Affords Us?

A Deep Concept to Ponder?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alkali

I have absolutely no limitations on what I do with my life. I got into the medical field with absolutely no problem. If you have the drive and aren't a piece of crap individual who would rather smoke pot than go to school, you can do anything.

Smoke pot?
That's not allowed.

I happen to live in one of the 2 states left where I can own a gun, as long as it's kept locked and unloaded when I'm outside my house. 9 months ago, I got pulled over in the mddle of the day for a tail light being out. Somehow my tail light being out, in the middle of the day, hinders others from seeing MY BIG BLACK TRUCK!

So the Copper now decides that he needs to conduct a vehicle search. He finds my pistol, in it's case, unloaded, in the back seat of the truck.
He arrests me for concealed carry, and, naturally, confiscates my weapon.

After going without my weapon for over 9 months, I am found not guilty of CCW, but guilty of a lesser crime, improper transport of a firearm. Seems the ammo, while not in the gun case, was located a little to close to the cased gun.
Keep in mind, I don't have a trunk, just a back seat, and a bed, no cab.

So, since the case is over, I attempt to get my gun back, but no deal. Sorry, policy is that the firearm isn't returned. If I get a lawyer to file a petition, and go to court on 2 more occasions, I may get it back.

Cost? $500 in additional legal fees.
Cost of new Glock 17? $550.

Hey, I just discovered oil in my backyard, I have the funds to start my own oil company. Can I?

I came into a substantial amount of money, I think I'll open my own bank.
Why not, right?

I think I want to own my own company, my product?
Weapons for national defense. How far will I get?

Launch a satellite to beam high quality television to the public?
Yeah, right.

I just discovered the cure for cancer, and would like to market my product.
Not gonna' happen.

No limitations on what you do with your life?
Come on, wake up!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkali
reply to post by king9072

You make it sound like regardless of you what say I won't change my mind. That's wrong, you can make me change my mind, but everything you've given is either flat out wrong, a stretch of the truth, or blatant refusal to look at how things actually work. Your Prozac example was completely off base, regardless of what a youtube video told you. Just because it has fluorine in it does not make it bad. I can't get past that.

The video of about banning water was making a point. People will subscribe to anything if you dumb it down and use a serious tone.

Fluoride is toxic, yes. I agree. But I want you to admit that it's only toxic in large doses (primarily in infants). I also want you to admit that fluoride has made a drastic improvement in dental caries in Jamaica (link). I also want you to admit that there is no truth to your statement about fluoride creating docile sheep unless you can prove it.

Show me that I'm wrong. Don't bring up Prozac again.

Jesus christ.

Take 5 minutes.

WATCH THE MOVIE THATS IT!

Or just search youtube for fluoride www.youtube.com...

FROM YOUR LINK:

The aim of this descriptive cross-sectional study was to evaluate the caries prevalence among 6- to 16-year-old students in a rural community in Jamaica, where salt fluoridation was introduced in 1987. Data were obtained from dental examinations of 1,558 students in 1999. The mean (SD) dmfs/DMFS values were 7.9 (10.7) for the 6-year-old children, 4.1 (4.9) for the 12-year-old students and 8.2 (8.1) for the 15-year-olds; mean (SD) dmft/DMFT scores were 3.2 (3.5), 2.2 (2.1) and 3.8. (3.3), respectively. An Unmet Restorative Index of 88-99.9% was observed. Opacities due to fluorosis were recorded for 48% of the children examined. The results indicate a reduced caries prevalence for all age groups since salt fluoridation began. However, since various forms of fluoride might have contributed to the reduction, conclusions concerning salt fluoridation as the main factor must be drawn with caution. The effectiveness of salt fluoridation in Jamaica should be re-examined more closely.

Your own study casts doubt on itself? But you'll admit sodium fluoride is a neurotoxin and poisonous - oh - but only to babies.

You honestly must be handicapped!

- I WILL NOT AGREE ITS ONLY TOXIC IN LARGE AMOUNTS (PRIMARILY to INFANTS)
- I WILL NOT AGREE THAT IT HAS MADE ANY DIFFERENCE TO THE PEOPLE OF JAMAICAS TEETH
- I WILL NOT AGREE THAT SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OF IT HAVING A DOCILE EFFECT HAS NOT BEEN BROUGHT UP, CAUSE ALL DOCUMENTARIES MENTION IT

- I WILL AGREE THAT ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN STUDY, "OPACITIES DUE TO FLUROSIS WERE RECORDED FOR 48% OF THE CHILDREN EXAMINED!" HOW IS THAT HELPING THEM?
- I WILL AGREE THAT YOU ARE A COMPLETE BELL END, AND INSTEAD OF ABSORBING READILY AVAILABLE FACTS, YOU INSTEAD BOUNCE AROUND THE BUSH WITH INANE ARGUMENTS AND POINTLESS CLAIMS! PERHAPS FIND STUDIES THAT DON'T DOUBT THEMSELVES NEXT TIME YOUR DEFENDING YOUR STANCE!

Apologies to people who aren't handicapped for the caps, but I think it may be the only way with this sap =\

[edit on 13-2-2009 by king9072]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Well then I guess this might be enrage some of you!!!!

www.nurserywater.com.../

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

To this I say:

All in due time. There are two things that piss off Americans more than anything else. Screwing with their money, and getting attacked.

When the fraud becomes apparent, the American people will stand up and start kicking ass.

The deadliest and bloodiest war the US ever fought was its Civil War.

620,000 dead on both sides, In WW2 the US lost 420,000.

I'd say this go round will be in the millions unless the common men
cut the head off the snake, and that is not the government, they
are just the puppets who tend the sheep.

I am sitting this one out, but it should be quite a fireworks show.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I was doing my best to be nice. It's too bad you have to be so angry. I did not say that it was only a problem for babies. The evidence YOU presented focused on babies. Let me use your technique.. IT'S TOXIC FOR EVERY ONE IF YOU EAT A SPOON FULL LIKE A JACKASS.

Do you have any idea at all what fluorosis is? It's mild form is white streaks on the teeth. Holy crap, white streaks. Only .59% of people in the US had anything above mild fluorosis. If mild fluorosis is your only complaint you have a mental disorder. The good outweighs the bad by a massive margin.

If you had any idea as to what you were talking about you'd know that fluoride only starts to become a problem at high levels. Since .7g/L is generally what tap water is kept at, you have no problems. Research has shown that fluoride is only toxic in higher amounts. There is no denying it no matter how many youtube videos you find. They're wrong. Scientific testing is right.

And you won't agree that fluoride has made a difference in Jamaica? Even though studies have shown that it has? So, let me get this straight, you'll believe anything you see on youtube that's anti-fluoride, but you won't believe research in a dental journal published by a dental school? That would just be crazy wouldn't it?

And I don't give a crap about what any "documentary" says about how fluoride makes people docile. I you can't find any research that says fluoride at .7g/L makes people more docile don't even bring it up. It's useless. No one cares about some stupid documentary that's posted on youtube. No one cares. Provide research with specific parameters or don't bring it up. You have NO evidence.

Admit you have no evidence. Do it. Admit you're more of a sheep than those who drink tap water. Back up your claims, or admit you're wrong.

Youtube videos are not acceptable. Using stupid examples like Prozac is not acceptable.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I'm not gonna lie, I feel bad for you having your gun taken. I'm sorry you went through that and I don't think anyone should have to. I've never had any of my guns taken from me, but I could imagine how angry I would be if they were. I don't think your case is in the majority though. I was stopped with 2 shotguns, 2 rifles, a handgun, and a bow just to top it off. They actually handcuffed me and my buddy while they searched the truck. After about 30 minutes we were free to go. I don't think I personally know anyone who's had a gun taken from them during a traffic stop.

I'll give you the cancer situation. I believe that there is something very wrong with the big pharma industry. Aside from that, I truly believe you could do any of those other things if you wanted to and had the means. For example, over 70% of the NDIA's member companies are considered small business (link).

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Most of us are decendants in one way or the other of the original americans who fought for and OBTAINED freedom from tyrancy in a revolutionary war in 1776.

Don't be so quick to discredit Americans! I do not agree that we are "still free as long as what we do doesnt harm anyone else". You are not even free to do what you want with your own body!

If you were, you and a prostitute would not be arrested for doing something with your own body, that isnt harming anyone else. You would be able to put INTO your body, any drug, recreational or otherwise, that you want, even if it's an "illegal drug", that isnt harming anyone but you.

Your children cannot go to school unles they have recieved every single shot that is required of school age kids, how is that harming anyone else if you DONT get your child immunized. (well maybe if its for some communicable disease like german measles) but you get the point.

How about your own property? You arent even FREE to ownt hat, clear of government involvement. You buy a car and then pay for the priveledge of driving it, once a year with new tags! You buy a house and then pay for the priveledge of living in it every year with property taxes! Not to mention "emminent domain" where it can be literally TAKEN from you, legally.

The list goes on, the feds are so entwined into our lives it has no resemblance to the American life that that our forefathers knew. You are only "free" to do what you want as long as it doesnt involve MONEY that the feds can get more of their greedy hands on. EX; sex with a prostitute is fine, as long as there is no money exchanged.

So don't think for a minute that sooner or later, Americans will not have had ENOUGH! I beleive in the "spirit " of America, and her patriots to end this mess, and find a solutions.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
ok i do get your point on flouride in the water. i wouldnt say americans are docile. ive been to france, UK and i would much rather walk around in either one of those countries worst city than americas worst city. i would also like to point out that while yes europeans are protesting, americas cops are a hell of a lot worse than europes cops. ours carry assault rifles and beat people. so it generally takes a bit more to get pissed to the point of protest. most of the cops i saw in europe didnt even carry a gun.....ok now wonder its so easy to protest, in the LA riots our cops used armored vehicles. now onto the obvious, but you might not understand it since the BBC doesn't really touch on it. states economys are very different, my state i cant even hardly notice anything is wrong, other that 1 or 2 more mom and pop shops closing their doors. so what you see on the BBC doesn't mean its country wide.....yet. now lets focus on population density vs landmass. again very diverse in the US .....not so much in the EU. the last thing ill mention is the worst, most americans still trust the government to fix it, but when that goes we will join your protesting club.............well i wont, you were right about CANADA being teh most free country, and since i am a citizen of both the US and CANADA i will just change my location when shtf.

you should have said canadians are more docile (other than anything to do with hockey)

no insult intended to canadians, im half canadian, no hate mail

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Do you have any idea how big the US is? Not all of us live in major cities. What does rioting do? What does it accomplish but make all euros appear to be savages.

Your police force in europe is weak, they will not shoot people just for rioting, some might say ours do not either, but if the riot gets out of hand they will use deadly force.

Most people in the US are sheeple, just ambeling through life like little pets, you expect them to rise up angainst the machine and do what? Most people in the US coulnt survive on their own if they had to, the expect the gov to come save them, like Katrina.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
*Snip*

They've invented nothing, created nothing.

They'd still be fighting the Japanese today except for captured German scientists helping them develop the atom bomb.

First man to land on the Moon, could have been done without German rocket technology

Their current war machine is based on technology....Stealth technology, Russian based on the work of Petr Yakovlevich Ufimtsev. The universities of the US, all the guys doing the cutting edge stuff are Asian... not Americans.

Edison didn't invent the light bulb, he bought the patent of Canadian Henry Woodward.
Not to mention playing second fiddle to Nikola Tesla in the 'war of currents'

Richard William Pearse of New Zealand was the first man to fly, not the Wright Brothers.

We are living in a world of American Revisionism. Don't believe the hype. the american people are more brain washed that the East Germans or the people of the USSR ever were.

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Terms and Conditions: Use of Profanity

[edit on 2/14/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I forgot to mention one other key point, all this junk both consumer and military runs on Arab oil.... they're not that smart after all these americans.

Clothed and utensiled by the Chinese and fed by the third world.

It's all coming to a end... Complete hot rectal air and bluster, that's all they're good for.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Unknown Perpetrator]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alkali

Some of the possible symtoms of flouride..which can be alleviated if you remove yourself from a flouridated area.
www.slweb.org...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by sueloujo]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Perpetrator
I forgot to mention one other key point, all this junk both consumer and military runs on Arab oil.... they're not that smart after all these americans.

Clothed and utensiled by the Chinese and fed by the third world.

It's all coming to a end... Complete hot rectal air and bluster, that's all they're good for.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Unknown Perpetrator]

I agree..its just a complete consumer country...uk is going the same way.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Americans really think that europe is so different from USA?
Come here to live in some european countries and i can say that americans will feel like they are back in their homeland.
50 cent style gangs poping up everywhere , you cant walk the streets safely , millions of idiots that only care about soccer , unemployment rate going up , good workers are switched by immigrants who are happy receiving almost nothing for their work...
I dont see europeans caring that much with what is going on , and the changes that are coming , and i guess the irish will not save our ass again with the second referendum for the lisbon treaty.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i live here in america and am always looking for protests and anything organized. i actually stopped drinking fluoridated water a little over a year ago and i feel very in touch with my feelings and am finally not passive. i of course advocate it also to working on my "self" too. but i definetely believe i am not passive anymore due to the lack of fluoride. its something ive only acknowledged the past few months.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkali
I was doing my best to be nice. It's too bad you have to be so angry. I did not say that it was only a problem for babies. The evidence YOU presented focused on babies. Let me use your technique.. IT'S TOXIC FOR EVERY ONE IF YOU EAT A SPOON FULL LIKE A JACKASS.

What do you think drinking a small amount in your water everyday does to you over years? I think you look like a jackass

Do you have any idea at all what fluorosis is? It's mild form is white streaks on the teeth. Holy crap, white streaks. Only .59% of people in the US had anything above mild fluorosis. If mild fluorosis is your only complaint you have a mental disorder. The good outweighs the bad by a massive margin.

Yes, thats how fluorosis STARTS, and even at that it is not something you WANT on your teeth.

Heres mild Fluorosis:

Heres severe Fluorosis:

Now, you say that THE GOOD OUTWEIGHS THE BAD BY A MASSIVE MARGIN, what has been the benefit when 50% of the children are suffering from mild fluorosis already? It's a shame its not a 10 year study, I am sure these kids will be doing GRRRREAT!

If you had any idea as to what you were talking about you'd know that fluoride only starts to become a problem at high levels. Since .7g/L is generally what tap water is kept at, you have no problems. Research has shown that fluoride is only toxic in higher amounts. There is no denying it no matter how many youtube videos you find. They're wrong. Scientific testing is right.

And you won't agree that fluoride has made a difference in Jamaica? Even though studies have shown that it has? So, let me get this straight, you'll believe anything you see on youtube that's anti-fluoride, but you won't believe research in a dental journal published by a dental school? That would just be crazy wouldn't it?

And I don't give a crap about what any "documentary" says about how fluoride makes people docile. I you can't find any research that says fluoride at .7g/L makes people more docile don't even bring it up. It's useless. No one cares about some stupid documentary that's posted on youtube. No one cares. Provide research with specific parameters or don't bring it up. You have NO evidence.

Admit you have no evidence. Do it. Admit you're more of a sheep than those who drink tap water. Back up your claims, or admit you're wrong.

Youtube videos are not acceptable. Using stupid examples like Prozac is not acceptable.

Fluoride Exposure During Pregnancy Links to Learning Disabilities Attention Deficit and Behavior Disorders - Dr. Phyllis J. Mullenix Toxicology Department, Forsyth Research Institute, Boston, MA
www.chem-tox.com...

Aluminum fluoride and Alzheimer's Disease

Many municipal water supplies are treated with both alum (aluminum sulfate) and fluoride. These two chemicals combine with each other easily in the blood to form aluminum fluoride. Although elemental aluminum can not pass the blood-brain barrier, some compounds such as aluminum fluoride do. Aluminum fluoride is very poorly excreted in the urine. It is poisonous to the kidneys. Aluminum salts in the brain lead to Alzheimer's Disease.

Absorption and concentration in tissues

In the body, fluorine is readily absorbed. Fluorine concentrates in the same tissues where calcium is found in the largest amounts; especially the bones and teeth. In teeth, fluorine combines with the inorganic compound apatite to form a harder, less water-soluble fluoride salt called fluoroapatite. A pregnant mother's fluorine intake affects the amount of fluorine found in the primary teeth that develop in her fetus.

Weakened structural system

Fluorine intake of 20-40 mg/day can inhibit the important enzyme phosphatase. Phosphatase is needed for calcium utilization.

The U.S. National Academy of Sciences and the World Health Organization have published information that fluoride inhibits enzymes at levels of 1 ppm or less. The target level of fluoride in drinking water is 1 ppm.

Thickens but weakens bones

In the early 1980's it was discovered that fluorine will stimulate new bone growth. "Therapeutic" doses (30-60 mg/day for 3 years) were given to elderly subjects with osteoporosis. It reduced the incidence of fractures if adequate amounts of calcium were also supplied. Frequent side effects included frequent gastric irritation and nausea. Sometime, the patient developed painful bone deformations.
[JAMA 243:466, 1980]

Another research study reported that fluoride has a direct effect on bone cells by increasing proliferation and alkaline phosphatase activity. Fluoride not only increases the proliferation rate of bone cells, but also enhances the growth and mineralization of embrionic bone.
[Farley JR, Wergedal JE, and Baylink DJ, Fluoride directly stimulates proliferation and alkaline phosphatase activity of bone-forming cells, Science 222:330-332, 1983]

This was good news until they started discovering the dark side of the therapy. The bones may get thicker but they become more brittle or developed bone spurs.

European doctors still often prescribe fluoride to women with thin bones. High fluorine areas have a lower incidence of osteoporosis. By increasing fluorine intake, some elderly nursing home patients show a reduced excretion of calcium, improved bone density and alleviation of osteoporosis symptoms. One source speculates that hardening of the inner bone structure of the ear may prevent some hearing loss in the elderly.

Although fluorine may thicken bones, the bones are not any stronger. The new bone is weaker.
[New England Journal of Medicine, 32, #12, (1990):802-09]

In four separate studies, increased hip fracture rates is linked to fluoride in the water. The latest study calculated an 86% increased risk for people over 65 who have been drinking fluorinated water.
[JAMA, 1990-1995]

Mayo Clinic researchers reported that fluoride treatment of osteoporosis increased bone fracture rate and bone fragility.
[New England Journal of Medicine, March 22, 1990]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Genetic damage and cancer

Some researchers believe that fluorine is a carcinogen. Others protest that the results are not yet conclusive. The Argonne National Laboratory reported in 1988 "The ability of fluoride to transform normal cells into cancer cells."

Dr. Takeki Tsutsui and co-workers of the Nippon Dental College in Japan showed that fluoride not only caused genetic damage but was also capable of transforming normal cells into cancer cells.

In one report, the US Government investigated 156 cancer deaths over 3 years. They concluded that fluoride accumulates in body tissues and may eventually cause cancer and/or other fatal illnesses.

The research of Dr Dean Burk, former Chief Chemist of the National Cancer Institute showed that 10,000 or more fluoridation-linked cancer deaths occur yearly in the United States.

Since 1990, the National Cancer Institute, the New Jersey Department of Health, and the Safe Water Foundation all found that the incidence of osteosarcoma (a type of bone cancer) was substantially higher in young men exposed to fluoridated water as compared to those who were not.

A study by Procter and Gamble showed that as little as half the amount of fluoride used to fluoridate public water supplies resulted in a sizable and significant increase in genetic damage.

"In cultured human and rodent cells, the weight of evidence leads to the conclusion that fluoride exposure results in increased chromosome aberrations [genetic damage]". [National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, 1993]

Immune system and aging

Dr. John Yiamouyiannis estimates that 30,000 - 50,000 people die from flouride poisoning each year. In his book, Fluoride: The Aging Factor, he lists studies describing fluoride's negative effects on the immune system. Many studies have found that people living in fluoridated areas had a decreased migration rate of white blood cells. Other studies describe genetic and chromosomal damage to animals drinking fluoridated water. He warns "Before any disease is even noticeable, the acceleration of the aging process by fluoride is already occurring at the biochemical level, by means of enzyme inhibition, collagen breakdown, genetic damage and/or disruption of the immune system."

Other effects on tissues

People who live in high fluorine areas have a lower rate of calcified aortas than individuals short on fluorine.

Excretion

Flourine is excreted in the urine and sweat.The body can clear up to 3 mg/day of fluorine in this way.

Toxicity

Flouridated tooth products should not be swallowed and should not be used by children under the age of 6. A dentist may recommend a carefully-supervised program for younger children.

Fluorine intake of 20-40 mg/day can inhibit the important enzyme phosphatase. Phosphatase is needed for calcium utilization/metabolism in tissues including the bones and teeth. You can increase your risk of mottling (permanently discolored teeth during tooth development), brittle tooth enamel and bones as well as brain damage.

Fluorine intake of 40-70 mg/day can cause heartburn and pains in the extremities.

Just as flouride will displace calcium in the body, calcium therapies are used to treat flouride toxicity.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Now we can have an intelligent discussion on fluoridation

To begin, I do believe fluoride can have many of the negative effects as in the studies you've shown, but look at the levels of fluoride intake in the studies that list them. 20-40mg/day, 40-70mg/day. If you're eating a lot of toothpaste or supplementing fluoride you may get to this level, but you'd never come close by drinking tap water or eating fluoridated salt. You'd die from either hyponaturemia or hypernaturemia long before you ever came close to those levels.

Flourine is excreted in the urine and sweat.The body can clear up to 3 mg/day of fluorine in this way.

So if we're drinking water at .7mg/L, which is optimal, you'd have to drink a little over 4L or 1gal a day. Normal people have little to worry about. Infants and bodybuilders, on the other hand, may want to look into purified water. I'll give you that.

Fluoride doesn't build up the the body and just hang out. So knowing that fluoride is excreted, low amounts don't cause any harm, and it does prevent dental caries, I know you can see why it is used. Assume you live in a third world country like Jamaica and all of your teeth are falling out. I'd rather have white streaks on my teeth than have no teeth at all as I'm sure would as well. You have to see the rational side of water fluoridation. Jamaica's government doesn't hate its people, I believe they are just trying to help the average Jamaican out.

Fluorosis is generally only a concern when adult teeth are developing. For an adult to experience fluorosis, a dose of about 10mg/day is needed. You can't come close to that with tap water. With children, while the adult teeth are developing, over 2mg/day is generally not good. But it's rare for a child to take in enough fluoride to cause anything more than mild fluorosis.

At least you posted one pro-fluoride topic. High fluorine = less calcified aorta. I don't want a calcified aorta.

The one part I was really interested in was the genetic damage fluoridation caused. That was actually really interesting and I'm going to research it. This is, by far, the strongest point in the anti-fluoride argument.

You have to see how fluoride helps those less fortunate. In low amounts it really helps people who don't have the means to buy toothpaste or dental soap or whatever. Fluoride may not mean much to Americans, Canadians or Europeans, but the majority of us have the money to go and buy dental hygiene products. Many other people around the world don't have that luxury, so if fluoride helps them and does more good than bad, I'm for it.

edit: grammar

[edit on 13-2-2009 by alkali]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Wow, great. Why don't you try living here before you actually bash us? You talk like you understand how easy it is to rise against without living in America.

I can guarantee my family, didn't build the life and money they have from virtually nothing being idiots or sitting on the couch. This is the crap you're being fed because you don't live in American. Stop generalizing. It's offensive.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by NordicMan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join