It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the only reason all Americans just bend over and GET ******??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Unless you live in a country where an unjust war is going on and you are your people are being openly murdered for no reason (Iraq, afghanistan etc). Noone is bent over the barrel harder than the US.

Thats because in the US, everyones told how free they are when they aren't free whatsoever. "None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free." - Goethe

So well every American gets railed like the prison tranny from every angle, taxes, health care, police state tactics, military checkpoints, toxic food supply, shrinking job supply, catastrophic and unending debt, mortgage scams, corporate bailouts for the corporations that sunk the ship in the first place - all while lining their own pockets, ponzi schemes, terrorist attacks carried out by the government (lookup definition of terrorism), government corruption, government commiting crimes against humanity and acts of torture, illegal prisons, fema death camps, presidential administrations commiting war crimes then pre-pardoning themselves, voting fraud, politicians commiting perjury without repercussion, corporate media blatently taking part in propaganda distrobution etc etc etc etc.

The list practically never ends, you guys are taking balls and all.

So WHAT DOES THE FREE, PROUD, AMERICAN DO?! Well, gets some food and hits the couch thats for sure, way to much crap going on outside.

That right there, is WHY all this is happening to you the US. Noone gets outside and says NO this isn't going to happen any longer. Noone holds them accountable.

When anything happens in Europe and its not appreciated people get out and riot, look at the french, or greek, the riots are everywhere in europe.

SO WHY? Why does europe care so much, while the US does not?

Is it simply fluoride?

98% of western Europe has rejected water fluoridation.
www.fluoridealert.org...

But practically the entire US continent including Canada fluoridates its water supply creating dosile sheep.

Everyone should learn about fluoride and its effects on you. Stop drinking your tap water, or consuming it in anyway, choose only water treated by reverse osmosis.

www.youtube.com...

They DO NOT spend millions fluoridating the water with aluminum toxic waste, so that YOU can have better TEETH. YOU ALREADY BUY TOOTHPASTE!

Am I the only person who thinks this could be the reason why the US sits on the couch, while the rest of the world gets out and rises up?

EDIT: In an effort to kind of consolidate and create a list of reasons why the US is bent over, im going to be adding them here as people post good reasons.

C-JEAN: Effects of TV on the population of the US
Doomsday 2029: DEVIDED WE STAND; www.youtube.com...
Pieman: Corporate lobbyists!

[edit on 12-2-2009 by king9072]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi, inquisitive persons.

king9072 said:
" SO WHY? Why does europe care so much, while the US does not? "

Because:
1- See what TV quality is NOT here, the WORST beeing "reality" ones.
2- See how (fixed up) sport$ keep most potatoes on the couch.
3 - See how **superficial** most are, taking more care of
outside looks [ Clothing, avatar, car ] than "inside/mind" state.
4- See how many believe religions, and do NOT think by themselves.
5- See the kind/type of films are produced.
6- . . .want more I forgot ???

king9072 said:
" Am I the only person who thinks. . . "
Fortunately NO ! More and more wake up. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I have no idea what religion is like for people over there but I know for sure that the reality TV addiction is just as strong if not stronger and when people are beating each other to death over kicking a ball into a net you've got a pretty solid foundation of sports "fans."

They dont care anymore than people here care. It just looks that way because they spend all their time complaining about what goes on over here like it's a sport of its own.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi, inquisitive persons.

king9072 said:
" SO WHY? Why does europe care so much, while the US does not? "

Because:
1- See what TV quality is NOT here, the WORST beeing "reality" ones.
2- See how (fixed up) sport$ keep most potatoes on the couch.
3 - See how **superficial** most are, taking more care of
outside looks [ Clothing, avatar, car ] than "inside/mind" state.
4- See how many believe religions, and do NOT think by themselves.
5- See the kind/type of films are produced.
6- . . .want more I forgot ???

king9072 said:
" Am I the only person who thinks. . . "
Fortunately NO ! More and more wake up. . .

Blue skies.

Hey man, alot of good points especially about TV you are absolutely correct.

But religion you are wrong. While traveling through the country side of france (in particular), it is painfully obvious how beloved religion is. You drive into a town, maybe of a population of 1000 or something, tiny tiny towns.

The biggest building in the town, is maybe a 2 story house. But then theres the church. Churchs TOWER over the next biggest building, at least 5 stories high. They are monsters, no matter how small the town is they have a MONSTER church.

I would say, if anything religion is stronger in europe than it is in the US.

But your TV link is very good.

Ontop of the fluoride issue, theres also aspartame!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
well you have to keep in mind that a large percentage of any given population is scum. and lots of people that generally aren't scum act like scum from time to time. i think you're hoping for the best and assuming thta we live in the worst times. america isn't all that bad considering.

we live in peace 99% of the time, with a population of people that used to be slaves to some of the older white families. think about that for a minute.
we have peopel all over the world living in the same place and there isn't a total riot going on everyday. this seems more like a miracle to me than a problem.

so they flouridate our water supply, so what? what were you going to do anyway? who says you need all of that energy to go do something. if america is headed down a terrible path it will pass. i'd rather be here than living in the woods somewhere eating grubworms and whatever fish i can cath with my makeshift net.

would you rather be a roman soldier or in a greek phalanx? thrusting your spear through some local's throat? i'm going to go ahead and assume that you'd choose a/c and internet over that 99/100.

if america bothers you so much why dont' you move over here and run for office? i'm sure you could make a valuble contribution. and don't act like your values are so much higher because your people stand in the streets and smash windows. that doesnt' qualify you for an award or anything. even the best revolutions only last for about 20 years. this is well known.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We would protest if we weren't so divided...

We can't unite and agree on anything here in America.

We are so divided it's not even funny.

^^^This is why we can't do a Damn thing^^^

Edit... oh yea,... Star & Flag (I hope my video explains why we will never stand up and fight our slave masters... we will fight each other first.)

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
flouride, TV and religion may be opium for the US masses but the reason america is screwed, and will remain screwed, is the legalised bribery system you guys call lobbying.

there are lots of fat, lazy, apathetic europeans sucking down beer, reality TV and consumer culture but the politicians they elect would be flayed in the media for rumours of being in an industries pocket.

that and the massive representative to citizen ratio.

i suggest it's worth sorting out the flooded basement before you set about that leaky tap.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

To this I say:

All in due time. There are two things that piss off Americans more than anything else. Screwing with their money, and getting attacked.

When the fraud becomes apparent, the American people will stand up and start kicking ass.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes I believe flouride is a big factor, As well as aspertame, mercury in our vaccines, and our educational system.

I know Im no genius, but Im smarter than almost everyone I know. Ive tried bringing these issues up with my fellow americans almost everyday. They dont care 'cause they're to stupid. Most americans are completely apathetic toward anything to do with politics, or government. All they want to know is "which celebrity just had a baby", or "whats on tv".

Ive had conversations with people who were completly "in the know" about the NWO, and the events of 9-11. After discussing the probability of martial law being implemented, the response was " I dont care if they do lock us all up, as long as I have my x-box". This is the quote of 40+ year old man.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's painful to read threads like these. I didn't realize America was so bad. Maybe I'm the only one..

America is one of the most free countries on the planet. Any attempt to say otherwise is nonsensical regardless of how many famous quotes you can find. Are women allowed to vote? Must women dress modestly? Can we select our own career? Can we own guns? Can we kill someone for breaking into our house? The answer to all of those questions is obviously "yes". Can the British answer yes to all of those? China? Saudi Arabia? France? Russia?

I have absolutely no limitations on what I do with my life. I got into the medical field with absolutely no problem. If you have the drive and aren't a piece of crap individual who would rather smoke pot than go to school, you can do anything.

Not only are we free, but we have fantastic lives. Americans can complain constantly, but the truth is that they're generally just complaining because they have nothing better to do. Of course, there are some things to complain about, such as the recent loss of jobs, but for the most part there is little to get fussy over.

I don't understand where anyone can possibly get off saying anything about American's taking sports too seriously and how that's a bad thing. If you didn't notice the morons in Europe are killing each other over soccer games. Not to mention how fruity a sport soccer is..

Anyway, onto fluoride. You're right, most of Europe doesn't add fluoride to the water. But, of course, you didn't explore why because that would detract from your "Americans are idiots because they drink fluoridated water" stance. Do you think it's some big conspiracy or could it just possibly be that it's just not as cost effective to do that in Europe? Thanks to Google (which was created by American students) you can easily find that the answer is that it's not as cost effective. Instead, Europe adds fluoride to table salt. Next thing you know people are going to be screaming about how bad iodine is.

Anything taken in large quantities is bad for you. Don't be stupid. Of course fluoride is toxic if you eat a spoon of it. Try taking 20 aspirin and see how well that works out for you. Drink too much alcohol, take too many OTC medications, hell, drink too much water and you'll die every time. Quit being stupid.

And I seriously hope you're not referring to drinking DI water when you talk about only drinking water purified by reverse osmosis..

Also, please explain in detail how the amounts of fluoride in our drinking water creates "docile sheep". I'm interested to hear the biochemistry involved.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkali
It's painful to read threads like these. I didn't realize America was so bad. Maybe I'm the only one..

America is one of the most free countries on the planet. Any attempt to say otherwise is nonsensical regardless of how many famous quotes you can find. Are women allowed to vote? Must women dress modestly? Can we select our own career? Can we own guns? Can we kill someone for breaking into our house? The answer to all of those questions is obviously "yes". Can the British answer yes to all of those? China? Saudi Arabia? France? Russia?

I have absolutely no limitations on what I do with my life. I got into the medical field with absolutely no problem. If you have the drive and aren't a piece of crap individual who would rather smoke pot than go to school, you can do anything.

Not only are we free, but we have fantastic lives. Americans can complain constantly, but the truth is that they're generally just complaining because they have nothing better to do. Of course, there are some things to complain about, such as the recent loss of jobs, but for the most part there is little to get fussy over.

I don't understand where anyone can possibly get off saying anything about American's taking sports too seriously and how that's a bad thing. If you didn't notice the morons in Europe are killing each other over soccer games. Not to mention how fruity a sport soccer is..

Anyway, onto fluoride. You're right, most of Europe doesn't add fluoride to the water. But, of course, you didn't explore why because that would detract from your "Americans are idiots because they drink fluoridated water" stance. Do you think it's some big conspiracy or could it just possibly be that it's just not as cost effective to do that in Europe? Thanks to Google (which was created by American students) you can easily find that the answer is that it's not as cost effective. Instead, Europe adds fluoride to table salt. Next thing you know people are going to be screaming about how bad iodine is.

Anything taken in large quantities is bad for you. Don't be stupid. Of course fluoride is toxic if you eat a spoon of it. Try taking 20 aspirin and see how well that works out for you. Drink too much alcohol, take too many OTC medications, hell, drink too much water and you'll die every time. Quit being stupid.

And I seriously hope you're not referring to drinking DI water when you talk about only drinking water purified by reverse osmosis..

Also, please explain in detail how the amounts of fluoride in our drinking water creates "docile sheep". I'm interested to hear the biochemistry involved.

Wrong, Canadians are the freest people on the planet CURRENTLY. But, just like Americans, part of the freedom is just an illusion, but the fact that our police state is behind on progress vs the US, makes Canada the Freer Country.

Nothing to complain about? Nothing to be fussy about? Are we on the same forum?

Hhaha Fluoride is added to the continental US's water supply because its cost effective? Are you kidding me, it seems the most cost effective method would be to not spend millions of dollars adding toxic waste (alluminum by-product) to the water supply. Maybe instead they could add vitamins?

Its also wrong to say that its only in large amounts that it can be harmful, thats completely false, and when your drinking it everyday in your water supply you are not taking just a little bit.

Before you say anything more about fluoride, watch one of the many documentaries about it, such as

New Fluoride Warning for Infants

Does your drinking water contain added fluoride? If so, keep it away from infants under the age of one. This directive was issued recently by an unlikely source: the American Dental Association (ADA).
In a November 9th email alert sent to all of its members, the ADA noted that "Infants less than one year old may be getting more than the optimal amount of fluoride if their primary source of nutrition is powdered or liquid infant formula mixed with water containing fluoride." The ADA went on to advise: "If using a product that needs to be reconstituted, parents and caregivers should consider using water that has no or low levels of fluoride."

The ADA issued this advice because babies exposed to fluoridated water are at high risk for developing dental fluorosis—a defect of the teeth which can result in staining and even corrosion of the enamel. In addition, on October 14th, the Food and Drug Administration stated that fluoridated water marketed to infants cannot claim to reduce the risk of cavities.

Dental fluorosis is not the only risk stemming from a baby's exposure to fluoride. In the same week that ADA issued its advisory, an article in the British journal, The Lancet, reported that fluoride may damage a child's developing brain. The Lancet review described fluoride, along with the rocket fuel additive perchlorate, as an "emerging neurotoxic substance" due to evidence linking fluoride to lower IQs in children, and brain damage in animals.

CONTINUED IN ARTICLE

SITE ALL ABOUT THE PROBLEMS RELATED TO FLUORIDE HERE.

Dental fluorosis is not the only risk stemming from a baby's exposure to fluoride. In the same week that ADA issued its advisory, an article in the British journal, The Lancet, reported that fluoride may damage a child's developing brain. The Lancet review described fluoride, along with the rocket fuel additive perchlorate, as an "emerging neurotoxic substance" due to evidence linking fluoride to lower IQs in children, and brain damage in animals.

HOWS THAT FOR BIOCHEMISTRY MR. FLUORIDE?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You didn't answer half of my questions nor did you acknowledge that Europe does use fluoride, but I didn't expect you to. I just need you to answer this one question, how many people do you know personally who have ever been sick from fluoride poisoning, let alone death?

It takes about 30mg/kg to kill someone with fluoride. Do you seriously think that you can even come even close to that much fluoride at once from drinking water? Or do you think you'd die from water intoxication first? I'm betting on water intoxication.

Also, are you not going to explain the science of how fluoride makes us "docile sheep" or do you not know how and you're just parroting what you've heard from youtube videos? Sounds like Americans aren't the only sheep..

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You didn't answer half of my questions nor did you acknowledge that Europe does use fluoride, but I didn't expect you to. I just need you to answer this one question, how many people do you know personally who have ever been sick from fluoride poisoning, let alone death?

It takes about 30mg/kg to kill someone with fluoride. Do you seriously think that you can even come even close to that much fluoride at once from drinking water? Or do you think you'd die from water intoxication first? I'm betting on water intoxication.

Also, are you not going to explain the science of how fluoride makes us "docile sheep" or do you not know how and you're just parroting what you've heard from youtube videos? Sounds like Americans aren't the only sheep..

Hello, what do u expect me to say, am I to assume every European uses this standardized fluoridated salt? No. Would it be safe to assume that an extremely large percentage of a countries population drinks its tap water, or cooks with it? YES.

When did I ever say people were dropping dead? And why haven't you done any research into the many sites and documentaries that support the fact that Fluoride has NO beneficial properties to humans.

Before we get into proving the EXACT "docile sheep" moment, instead lets look at what the AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION SAYS ABOUT FLUORIDE:

In a November 9th email alert sent to all of its members, the ADA noted that "Infants less than one year old may be getting more than the optimal amount of fluoride if their primary source of nutrition is powdered or liquid infant formula mixed with water containing fluoride." The ADA went on to advise: "If using a product that needs to be reconstituted, parents and caregivers should consider using water that has no or low levels of fluoride."

The ADA issued this advice because babies exposed to fluoridated water are at high risk for developing dental fluorosis—a defect of the teeth which can result in staining and even corrosion of the enamel. In addition, on October 14th, the Food and Drug Administration stated that fluoridated water marketed to infants cannot claim to reduce the risk of cavities.

Dental fluorosis is not the only risk stemming from a baby's exposure to fluoride. In the same week that ADA issued its advisory, an article in the British journal, The Lancet, reported that fluoride may damage a child's developing brain.

If you took a moment to READ you would note that I have posted the exact same thing in my previous posts. OK? SO now we agree that the AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION AND A BRITISH JOURNAL, THE LANCET BELIEVE THAT EVEN THE SMALL AMOUNT OF FLUORIDE DERIVED FROM TAP WATER, MIXED WITH THEIR FORMULA IS ENOUGH TO PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THEIR BRAINS AND CAUSES DENTAL FLUOROSIS!

NEXT.

The docile sheep point that you keep harping as your "non-smoking gun".

Look up PROZAC, tell me WHAT IT IS USED FOR, and WHAT IS THE MAIN INGREDIENT.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh, really? Kicking ass huh?, The largest con job in the history of the world has been passed through our various legislative bodies and no one seems to even understand how we are being fleeced. The citizens of this country will be in debt for 350 years. The question is to whom..?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Can the British answer yes to all of those?

Em... actually they can.. so can the french.. so can I, so can the rest of Europe, Australia etc etc.. Well.. all except for killing someone who enters their house.. THATS CALLED MURDER ffs!

Whats all this rubbish about not being allowed to own guns? There's two legal rifle's in my house right now. There are ways and means around owning guns in western Europe.. you cant get them as easily as you can in the US but you can get licenses.

I understand what you are saying but almost all those things only apply to the middle east and the remaining communist countries.

Instead, Europe adds fluoride to table salt.

Specify please. Europe.. ie A billion people across forty odd countries or specific countries in the EU? Which ones because it is a free market.. the EU can't interfere with additives in a product unless they are banning them for whatever reasons.
So which is it?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

But practically the entire US continent including Canada fluoridates its water supply creating dosile sheep.

Be this the case, then how do you make the correlation between America being full of "docile sheep" and having one of the highest violent crime rates of all first world nations?

Perhaps we don't riot enough over injustices, like they do in Europe. Lets take a quick glance at the riots and civil unrest incidents in America over the last 40 years. (I had to cut out the 1960's, since I was over the character limit)

1970s

* 1970 - Student Strike of 1970, May 1970, USA
* 1970 - Lawrence Disorders, University of Kansas, April, Lawrence, Kansas
* 1970 - Student Rebellion UMCP, I, University of Maryland, May 1970, College Park, Maryland
* 1970 - Kent State Riots/Shootings, May 1970, Kent, Ohio
* 1970 - New Haven Green Disorders, Yale University, May 1970, New Haven, Connecticut
* 1970 - Hard Hat riot, Wall Street, May 8, New York City, New York
* 1970 - Jackson State killings, May 14-15, Jackson, Mississippi
* 1970 - Augusta Georgia Riot, May 1970, Augusta, Georgia
* 1970 - Alexandria City disorders, May 29-June 3, Alexandria, Virginia
* 1970 - Russells Point disorder, July 5, Russells Point, Ohio
* 1970 - Yosemite Disturbance, July 5, Yosemite Nat. Park, Calif.
* 1970 - Pasco disturbance,July 8, Pasco, Washington
* 1970 - Asbury Park Riot, July 9, Asbury Park, New Jersey
* 1970 - Michigan City riot, July 10, Michigan City, Indiana
* 1970 - Highland Park disorder, July 11, Highland Park, Michigan
* 1970 - Hartford Riot, July 28, Hartford, Connecticut
* 1970 - New Bedford Riots, July, New Bedford, Mass.
* 1970 - Sterling Hall bombing, Univ. of Wisc., Aug. 24, Madison, Wisconsin
* 1970 - Chicano Moratorium Riot, Aug. 29, Los Angeles, California
* 1970 - 14th Street riot, Sept. 21, Washington, D.C.
* 1970 - Georgetown Melee, Oct 4, 330 arrested, Washington, D.C.
* 1970 - Henderson disorder, Nov. 7, 350 Guardsmen sent in, Henderson, North Carolina
* 1971 - Tampa disorder, Jan. 13, Tampa, Florida
* 1971 - Wilmington Riot 1971, Feb. 9, 2 killed, Wilmington, North Carolina
* 1971 - May Day Protests 1971, May 3, Washington, D.C.
* 1971 - Student Rebellion UMCP, II, University of Maryland, May 1971, College Park, Maryland
* 1971 - Camden Riots, August 1971, Camden, New Jersey
* 1971 - Black Muslim Rally and Riot, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
* 1971 - Fiesta de Santa Fe disorder, Sept. 6, Santa Fe, New Mexico
* 1971 - Attica Prison uprising, (Attica, New York)
* 1972 - Student Rebellion UMCP, III, University of Maryland, May 1972, College Park, Maryland
* 1972 - Southern University Disorders/Shootings, Nov. 16, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
* 1973 - Wounded Knee incident, Feb. 27 - May 8, Wounded Knee, South Dakota
* 1974 - SLA Shootout, L.A., May 17, Los Angeles, California
* 1975 - Pine Ridge Shootout, June 26, Pine Ridge, South Dakota
* 1975 - Livernois-Fenkell riot, July 1975, Detroit, Michigan
* 1976 - Escambia High School riots, February 5, Pensacola, Florida
* 1977 - Chicago riot 1977, Humboldt Park riot, June 4-5, Chicago, Illinois
* 1977 - New York City blackout of 1977 disturbance, July 13-14, New York City, New York
* 1979 - White Night Riots, May 1979, San Francisco, California
* 1979 - Greensboro massacre, Nov. 3, Greensboro, North Carolina

1980s

* 1980 - New Mexico State Penitentiary Riot, Santa Fe, New Mexico
* 1980 - Chattanooga Riot of 1980, Chattanooga, Tennessee
* 1980 - Miami Riot 1980, May 17-19, Miami, Florida
* 1982 - Anti-Klan protest 1982, Nov. 27, Washington, D.C.
* 1982 - Miami Riot 1982, Overtown Riot, Dec. 1982, Miami, Florida
* 1984 - East Los Angeles Disturbances involved street gangs, repeatedly from April to Aug. 1984, Los Angeles

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

* 1986 - Palm Springs Spring Break Riot, Apr. 1986, Palm Springs, California
* 1987 - Tampa Riot 1987, Feb. 1987, Tampa, Florida
* 1988 - Tompkins Square Park Police Riot, August 1988 (East Village, Manhattan, New York City)
* 1989 - Miami Riot 1989, Jan. 1989, Miami, Florida
* 1989 - Tampa Riots, Feb. 1989, Tampa, Florida
* 1989 - Virginia Beach Riot, July 1989, Virginia Beach, Virginia
* 1989 - Bensonhurst Riot, Sep. 1989, Queens, New York

[edit] 1990s

* 1990 - Anti-Klan protest 1990, Oct. 28, Washington, D.C.
* 1991 - 1991 Washington, DC riot, Mount Pleasant riot, May 5-9, Washington, D.C.
* 1991 - Crown Heights Riot, Aug. 1991, Brooklyn, New York
* 1992 - L.A. riot/Rodney King riot, April-May 1992, Los Angeles, California
* 1992 - Sporadic urban violence in response to the L.A. Riots (San Diego, San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Bernardino Cal., Las Vegas Nev., Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, St. Louis, Washington DC, etc.) across African-American and Hispanic communities in the United States and in Toronto, Canada, May 1992.
* 1996 - St. Petersburg, Florida Riot 1996, Oct. 1996, St. Petersburg, Florida
* 1997 - The July 4th Immigration Demonstration Lockdown, July 1997, Los Angeles, California
* 1999 - WTO Meeting of 1999, "The Battle in Seattle", Nov. 1999, Seattle, Washington
* 1999 - Michigan State University student riot, April 1999, (East Lansing, Michigan)
* 1999 - Woodstock '99 music festival riot, August 1999, (Woodstock, New York)

[edit] 2000

* 2000 - Puerto Rican Day Parade riot in Central Park New York City, New York

[edit] 21st century

* 2001 - 2001 Cincinnati Riots, April 10-12, Cincinnati, Ohio
* 2001 - Seattle Mardi Gras Riots, Feb. 27, Seattle, WA
* 2002 - University of Minnesota Hockey Riots, April 6, Minneapolis, Minnesota
* 2003 - University of Minnesota Hockey Riots (second straight year), April 12, Minneapolis, Minnesota
* 2003 - Benton Harbor Riot, June 2003, Benton Harbor, Michigan
* 2003 - Miami FTAA Protests, Fall 2003, Miami, Florida
* 2005 - Civil disturbances and military action in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, Aug.-Sept., New Orleans, Louisiana
* 2005 - 2005 Toledo Riot, Oct. 15, Toledo, Ohio
* 2006 - San Bernardino punk riot, March 4, San Bernardino, California
* 2007 - The Los Angeles May Day mêlée, May 1, Los Angeles, California
* 2008 - Cedar Fest riot 2008, Michigan State Univ., Apr. 5, 52 arrested, East Lansing, Michigan
* 2009 - Protests against BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant, Jan. 7, 120 arrested, Oakland, California

Meh, I still had to make two posts.

Source

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Is the answer fluoride good sir? So many prescription drugs contain this and thats why I am going to try and get off mine eventually.

THERE IS NOTHING GOOD IN FUORIDE!! WHY DO WE HAVE IT GOING INTO OUR WATER AND MEDICATION AND PRODUCTS!? WAKE UP. (for the board, not you KING9072)

I researched this stuff too like half a year ago and it is still an issue that never gets any attention from the media, why not take it out of our water, toothpaste, medication, etc?????? Its been proven to not do anything useful.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Do you notice how in the 21st century theres about 12 'riots'(probably less than a thousand ppl, and the 60s/70s/80s had double/triple this amount of riots?

Hmmmm the united states as a country must be getting better
?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alkali

America is one of the most free countries on the planet.

One of. We're not in the top 10, but still fairly close to the top when you consider just how many nations there are in the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join