It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights sighted in the sky in UK and France on the same day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was in the South of France 2002 on 20/06/02 I sat down on a sun lounger to smoke a cigar.Long fingers of white light in the sky caught my eye.They were across the whole sky very high up.They fanned out and then shrunk back the n out again rotating. A bit like a cross between a search light and a laser show.This went on for so long that I went to bed thinking it must be natural occurrence.The weird thing was when I got home to Kent my local paper had reports of people seeing the same thing there and at the same time of night on the same day.This freaked me out a little and I also contacted the paper to inform them of my own sighting which they than ran the next week with some other new sightings of the same event. It is because of this event that i am interested in the UFO thing.I have scanned the paper clippings into my computer and made the following two videos about the reports (This is because my windows movie maker keeps crashing so had to post it in two parts) I would like anybody who has seen the same thing to post their sighting on this thread to see how wide spread this type of sighting has been and maybe to get to the bottom of it.

Part one.

Part two.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
After alot of trawling the net for other examples of this type of sighting I was supprised to read that RW has had a similar sighting to myself.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then 4 white large (spotlight) lights appeared in the clouds ...2 in front of the house and 2 a few miles behind it....Though the shape and look of the light did resemble Hollywood search lights, but the patterns they were making and the distance they were traveling was amazing. This happened for an hour and half from about 10 o'clock at night onwards and then again after 2 o'clock for half an hour...everything shuts down in L.A. at 2 am, so I don't know if it would be legal for a club to put spot lights on at that time in the morning....maybe you could find out?

What are these lights? I have not seen them since (not for want of trying) and have reluctantly come to terms with the possibility that I may never know what they are.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They sound like Anticrepuscular Rays a very unusual optical effect of the sun.

WG3

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Thanks for that,however these sightings happened (well mine anyway) at about 11.30pm and it was very dark .So I guess it can't have been caused by the sun.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The first picture sort of resembles what i saw, but of course in the dark night sky and spinning, shrinking ,then fanning out before spinning again bit like a laser show apart from the fact that the lights were high in the sky and not emanating from the ground. The other photos on that link are very beautiful thanks again for the link.
Cheers Tarifa37

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes, I've also seen those pale rays of light crossing high in the sky at night. This was about 12 months ago when I was driving. By the time I had chance to stop and observe them, they'd gone. I also doubt they could have been anticrepuscular rays because the sun had set many hours earlier. I thought they were flashes of light from a distant arc welder, but they were far too high to be terrestrial. A mystery I agree.

WG3

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sounds very much like high intensity spotlights to me.

Out here in rural France I've seen them a few times. Distant, rotating, fan shaped..all sorts.

If there are clouds and/or a mist they are quite eerie.

I imagine they are in banks and computer controlled for syncronised effects.

Great for outdoor dances or shows. 20th Centery Fox shows a good example at the beginning of lots of their movies.

Yaa-taa-taa-taaaaa ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-taaa taaa taaa taaaaaa!

Just a thought. If you were/are able to check dates with local events you might find a more definative answer. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Not a very good video, but something like this?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that vid,however the lights although resembling a search light beam were definitely not coming from the ground.They went from on side of the sky to the other but very high up.To be honest if some one said they had come from a satellite it would find that plausible as that is how high up they looked.Can satellites produce laser beam shows? Although the beam was much thicker than a laser more like a search light kind of beam.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I have had similar sightings of the beams. As recently as tonight.

Seems they appear every few weeks or so, sometimes a couple of nights in a row.

I started a thread about them and at that time I associated them with heavy storms we were having. Since then they have made an appearance with no bad or unusual weather at all.

The only constant seems that clouds are necessary for me to see them, almost like the clouds allow them visibility

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
When I saw them, the weather was calm and dry. There had been no storms nor any impending storm. It was around September 2008 and late evening. The sun had set hours earlier. I don't believe the sun could have been involved (as it is with crepuscular rays). The beams (more like luminous cloud) were in parallel strips at high altitude and disappeared over the distant horizon foming a fan shape. I wish I'd stopped the car and observed it better. This wasn't anything 'commercial'. I live in the sticks and there's no likely source of anything this extravagant withing 50 miles. The beams were too expansive to be man-made. They faded very quickly and I was kicking myself all the way home.

WG3

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I have had similar sightings of the beams. As recently as tonight.

Seems they appear every few weeks or so, sometimes a couple of nights in a row.

I started a thread about them and at that time I associated them with heavy storms we were having. Since then they have made an appearance with no bad or unusual weather at all.

The only constant seems that clouds are necessary for me to see them, almost like the clouds allow them visibility

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your reply very interesting that you have been seeing them every few weeks as I have looked for them every time I get the chance to look up on a relatively clear night and have not seen them since.Are you in the UK?.Also the night I saw them there was not much cloud about apart from a few wispy ones high up.I would love to see them again .

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have seen exactly what you're describing many times. They're 'search' (for the lack of a better word) lights, used at night clubs / venues. When I first saw them I had no idea what was doing it as I was at a very rural location, but turns out they came from the city 7-8 miles away.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

I guess I should not rule out your answer although they were not coming from the ground but emanating from high up in the sky .

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am not in the UK, I am in the midwest USA.

I sure wish I could figure out what the heck they are!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I am not in the UK, I am in the midwest USA.

I sure wish I could figure out what the heck they are!

You and me both.I find these type of things always happen when you least expect it when you are not looking. Sometimes something just catches your eye and your like, what the hell is that.

new topics

top topics

join