It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India to launch cow urine as soft drink

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Good idea but not workable - the cow is considered a holy creature in India and can therefore not be kept in a "cell", cage or stable. Nice try though. Next contestant up!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yea, this isn't going to be too popular outside of India.

I just can't imagine walking into the local mini mart and asking if I can get a liter of mellow yellow?

Hey "This stuff tastes like piss!"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Maybe I wouldn't like it so much, but I just keep imagining it to taste like:

Monster Energy Drinks

These have always tasted like what I imagined sweetened urine to be like.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

no offense but you do not have the competence to own a Phd

while you may be having fun making fun of other cultures you are just making yourself look like a fool in the process

for everyone else's info, the cow is not worshipped in India
it is merely respected

and secondly you can already buy cow urine in some stands in India
just not in soda format
it's not used to drink at those stands, but they are available

and to the OP, a cow is not a horse, or some weird animal that runs while pissing.

was the only purpose of this thread mockery?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As I pointed out before it wasn't about a mockery, but as always you choose to attack me. Your rebuttal shows that you have little grasp on reality nor on the subject under discussion. You must be in IT.

I never suggested that the cow runs while urinating, perhaps you could find me the spot where I suggested it. I was stating that a cow doesn't remain stationery. Which in turn implies that the urine gatherer needs to follow the cow. I think you shouldn't be in such a rush to show people to be fools unless it's the mirror. The next ad hominem attack I will report to the moderators.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
well the OP sounds a tad bit like a Redneck, and I remember previous anti-India posts by this person as well.

By the way I believe this statement of yours is both derogatory and racist about Americans. We won't even address the trailer park remark - as they say those who live in class houses etc

As for the previous anti-India statement was that the one where I said there were child maimings in India? Is the truth anti-India?

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If it floats your boat then I guess more power too you.

Brings a new meaning to mellow yellow though eh?

Ill pass

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Theres always one screwball who destroys the reputation of an entire country...
I'm not even surprised. The Western media has consistently, for the past century, chosen to focus on the fringe lunatics and characterise and entire nation by them. Read about the social entrepreneurship programs going on in India to alleviate poverty? Read about the OLPC deployment which is going to ensure computer access to all children? No... you're more interested in cow piss.

I have no worries though. In 20 years the lunatics will all be dead or bedridden. The new India that is emerging at the moment will not accept this backwards superstitious crap.

Until then, enjoy your mockery. We'll see who laughs last...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hahahaha holy crap this has made my day, LMAO!!!!!

I remember watching videos of religious hindu men washing their faces and brushing their teeth with cows urine on youtube.That was bloody hilarious!

These guys mightaswel make a Yorkie style chocolate bar outa cows poop called Dungkie ‘Not for athiests’ haha…

Ohh man what a joke, no wonder soo many hindus are converting to christianity and islam while these hindu extremists try their best to kill and torture them.

And the West thinks india is getting closer to them?

Namaste Omnawashshiwaaaaaa!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Myna, they would probably collect it in a similar way to how they get milk. Only instead of milking the cows, they would probably over hydrate the cows and hook them up to a collecting system. I don't know if they would filter out the ammonia or not. If you're stranded in a desert there is a way to get water from urine. I don't know, I mean, it's probably not super healthy but if it's for the taste, then whatever. I mean, milk is really really really nasty stuff. Like it bothers me more than eating meat. Because lots of animals eat meat but collecting and then downing tons of mammary secretions from a different species? That's way messed up.

Maybe there are certain chemicals in the urine that are good for your body. I have no idea. Maybe it's for the gross factor like how people will eat candied mealworms and stuff. Maybe it's more economic or cleaner to get water from cows instead of a public water source? I really, really don't know.

But I can say that drinking it probably wouldn't make anyone sick, especially if it was diluted with other stuff (soda... so like, carbonated water, sugar, corn syrup, tropical flavor?) I mean... some people eat testicles like it's no one's business in other cultures. Or people will eat the suction cups of octopi. Or eyeballs. Whatever. I'm not like, completely shocked.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

well the OP sounds a tad bit like a Redneck, and I remember previous anti-India posts by this person as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if this person logs on to ATS from a trailer-park.

The OP has a PhD and is also not an indian living in Canada complaining about herbs being banned in Thailand.

This was not per se an attack on India rather questioning the need for India to distance itself from the West? One also has to wonder how sanitary a soda like this would be? I am glad I was given the opportunity to respond to your ad hominem attack though.

I have been reading some of your posts (I bet you have been reading mine too) and was just thinking before I read the comment from ModernAcadamia that you are extremely intelligent and quite the sharp sense of humor. I thought how could anyone state that the OP was a redneck? Some people get a bit sensitive and do not read between the lines and just react.

Bovine Urine...it goes so well with curry chicken...tickles your nose too.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Umm yes Ill take a urine shot with a side of curried goat and dahl.

Just kidding. I cant say that Id drink cow urine. I guess this just shows how different cultures are in this world. You should see some of the stuff they eat in S America....eewwwwwww

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

The OP also like Indian food, Bollywood movies and watching decomposing bodies float down the Ganges by moonlight. Other things that amaze the OP is child and dowry brides, the caste system, sati and hijra.

If I have inadvertently offended you I am so sari.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

Last line on there was absolutely hilarious, just nearly got in me in a world of trouble at work though

2 lines

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkava
Hahahaha holy crap this has made my day, LMAO!!!!!

I remember watching videos of religious hindu men washing their faces and brushing their teeth with cows urine on youtube.That was bloody hilarious!

These guys mightaswel make a Yorkie style chocolate bar outa cows poop called Dungkie ‘Not for athiests’ haha…

Ohh man what a joke, no wonder soo many hindus are converting to christianity and islam while these hindu extremists try their best to kill and torture them.

And the West thinks india is getting closer to them?

Namaste Omnawashshiwaaaaaa!

LoL nothing against the indians, im not racist but i also find this highly ammusing
really made my day to!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Tell me about it, this is by far one of the most light hearted and funniest threads on here recently! Some of the people on here could be comedians I swear lol, way more entertaining than prime time TV!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm sorry...I see an emerging business opportunity here. The west has plenty of the stuff to export and this could help our failing economies. Dairy farming is dying in the UK - this could provide a much needed alternative income stream (stream...geddit?!).

Something we can export. Brilliant...

Scottish cows, even better....all that fresh, clean water!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

lol you are racist, but thats ok... we all are.

We'll see who's laughing when your job gets sent to some cow piss drinker.

(Merkava's comment was far worse than your condoning it btw! Merkava why are you named after the main Israeli battle tank anyway?)

Edit to add : This thread is pointless. It's akin to a bunch of Indians watching 2 girls 1 cup and sitting around going "Ewwww look at what all those Westerners get up to".

[edit on 16-2-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

LMAO thats some funny s*** if it was some english man drinking cow piss i would find it equally as funny. Although if it was an english cow piss drinking man taking my job well

lmao great find

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Dont worry, the West's tech is getting better and eventually we will have robots doing the labour jobs not piss drinkers.

(Merkava why are you named after the main Israeli battle tank anyway?)

MErkava's got more meanings to it than the battle tank.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What's the point of criticizing other cultures based on their belief? If they believe urine holds medicinal properties, and have done so for many hundreds of years, then why say they're wrong? Large populations of people in India do not have access to free health care or affordable health care and have to look towards traditional medicine to cure their ailments.

No one is going to force you to drink the soft drink, so why worry about what other cultures are doing within their own society?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
HEY!! HEY HEY HEY hey hey hey.....

I just found out something. I was watching Andrew Zimmern... (Bizzare Foods, Travel Channel) and he was in Goa, India. And they gave him a cow urine herbal drink. And they said that it was healthy and helped to metabolize fats.
So there is your reasoning right there. Drink cow urine, stay skinny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join