It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ZFT' BLACKBERRY WARNING!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i'm freaked out a little

let me explain.....

i live in the UK and i enjoy downloading TV shows from the States and on wednesday i downloaded episode 14 of Fringe which aired on tuesday night and i'm currently a few minutes into it.

On monday night i receive this Blackberry IM request in German and immediately read it and deleted it owing to the fact that i only know two people with blackberrys and as the two people dont know each other and i dont know any of their friends it couldnt be anyone linked to me - but i asked them anyway but they didnt.

ANYWAY!.....

so i'm a few minutes into Fringe when i see a message on agent Dunhams phone that had part of the same message i recieved.

'zerstorung durch fortschritte der technologie'

or in english

'Destruction by Advanced Technology'

ZFT

maybe its just a coincidence but its certainly got me spooked!

or then again could it be a warning of an impending advanced technological attack on man! Skynet style?

anyone else recieved this message??

jinxjinx

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
where'd you download it? maybe it was included in the download to freak out anyone who watches via their cell phone.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinxjinx

ZFT

It's the theme from the most recent episode of Fringe on Fox. Either a viral marketing ploy, someone co-opting the theme, or you're co-opting the them.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
where'd you download it? maybe it was included in the download to freak out anyone who watches via their cell phone.

oh no sorry i should have said i downloaded it to mylaptop on wednesday morning and i recieved the cell phone IM on monday night (GMT)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

ZFT

It's the theme from the most recent episode of Fringe on Fox. Either a viral marketing ploy, someone co-opting the theme, or you're co-opting the them.

but this was aired in america on tuesday night and i live in the UK, my girlfriend said it might have been a viral sent to blackberrys across the globe - who sponsors fringe in America??

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

'zerstorung durch fortschritte der technologie'

or in english

ZFT

jinxjinx

funny.... anyway that part is wrong *points up*
destruction by advanced technology in german would be "zerstörung durch fortgeschrittene/fortschrittliche technologie."

"Zerstörung durch fortschritte der technologie" in english would be "destruction by advances of technology"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jinxjinx

I didn't get the message on my blackberry and fringe seems to have a deal with samsung

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Zerstörung durch Fortschritte der Technologie did pop up on my HTC Pro moments after viewing episode 14... Spooky & strange indeed. The SMS message originated from a cellphone with number +31600000000. The +31 is the countrycode, 6 is our predial for mobile networks in the Netherlands and normally you shouldn't have eight 0's but a regular mobile number, or a shorter readable number that could be traced back to a mobile service operator (such as Jamba to buy ringtones).

Fringe aired last weekend in The Netherlands, and as far as I could see/find, I do not see any information that the European/Netherlands headquarters of HTC or my phonecompany has a deal with Fringe/FOX.

Strange is one word to say, and I am curious if anyone has a similar situation.

top topics

join