It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of Africa is an idea whose time has come

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

United States of Africa is an idea whose time has come

www.nation.co.ke

The election of Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi to lead the African Union has, as expected, elicited strong views across the continental political divide.

But it is probably his fascination with the proposal to fast-track the creation of a United States of Africa (referred to as Union Government in AU circles) that is at the heart of the disquiet over Gaddafi.

The proposal for such a union must be about Africa’s transformation which entails developing creative and well thought-out strategies that advance integration and not the isolation or balkanisation of any country or region.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.aljazeera.net

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Gaddafi??
He funds all armed militias in the region, he supports the LRA(Law Resistance Army) he armed the Tuaregs of Niger, during the Sudaneses civil war he funded both the government and the rebels.

He's a horrible person to say the least, he's been a dictator for 4 decades man.

What will happen with africa will definately be something worth monitoring.

www.nation.co.ke
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Is it a feasable project?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
For some reason this has always stuck in my mind. Before Bill Clinton left office - he spoke of Africa. He said something about Africa being the most important continent - don't ignore it.

Whether that is good/bad or part of the NWO - I don't know. I just remember it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
United States of Africa?

The last I heard Africans were having difficulty governing their individual countries, let alone the entire continent. The EU works because Europe is a smaller area, composed of countries with similar governments, and perhaps most importantly, half of Europe isn't currently in the midst of a civil war.

I think all this will do is give all the rebels a common enemy, and only escalate the various conflicts in Africa. I don't like where this is headed, but I guess something has to change over there, to bring Africa into the 20th century at least.

new topics

top topics

join