It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cashless system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just dont think this stimulas plan is going to work. I really cant stimulate much with an extra 13.00 a week. All the "experts" are saying that it will fail. Maybe its meant to fail and set the world up for a cash less system. I really dont understand how that works. Do you know how you can have a system with no gold or silver to back it up. What am I saying ...LOL I suppose the US is actaully doing this now.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
there is nothing wrong with a cashless system.
the problem is the corrupt humans running it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well I am proof of the pudding that this system will not help our country.

I have been near cashless for almost a year and just this week I hit the total mark.

I am now completely cashless and I have not seen my community benefit one bit from this situation.

I would not suggest supporting a cashless society unless everyone is willing to go with a system that is more likely to be effective like bartering for goods and services.

It will have it kinks but it will be a lot easier to work out then the mess we have now.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I only consider a society "cashless" if it uses no "wealth counters," paper or electronic.

Before you doubt this can be done, I ask that you read my book. It's free and is linked below in my sig.

In my book I describe what it might look like living in abundance, where the current gross mismanagement of our planet's resources has been discarded in favor of allowing every human the option of living their bliss, as opposed to doing jobs they hate just to struggle by.

In abundance, money (and greed) is moot. Read the book and understand why.

Thank you to any who do read my book. And especially to those who read and then comment on my comment thread (also linked below).

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

i will Indeed at least scan the pdf book as i get a chance today,
appreciate

->>about a thread reply...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a cashless society that will work. The laws of supply and demand will always exist, and the only way to get "rid" of those laws is if you have either unlimited supply, or no demand.

Anything less than unlimited supply, then it becomes a matter of the elite/ruling class dictating how much money or supplies a person gets. It would be sold on "equality", but IMO it's about like saying all the slaves were equal slaves.

The problem with the system today isn't cash in itself. It's a lack of cash.

What is needed to make an economy run?

1. Resources.
2. Labor/Manufacturing.
3. Demand for the goods produced.
4. Cash.

We still have resources in this country, we still have people who want to work and produce goods. We still have people who want to buy the goods. Whats missing? Money to make the exchanges.

And so it seems - well they just need to add more money. Wish it was that simple. Under the current system of debt, it's impossible to do because the interest money is never created, and so there is by default a shortage of money. By adding more money into the system like they are doing now, it provides short term relief against the "interest monster". But as it is all just more debt, the interest monster just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and the shortage of money keeps going.

Even worse, as they add more money into the system it causes inflation of prices and devalues the dollar. So the poor people on fixed income suffer the most because prices go up, but they get the same amount of money so they can't buy as much. Meanwhile, all these corporations and banks get all this new money, so they get to live like kings. And this process happens over and over again.

But we are at the point where we can't keep up, and they have to add cash in such large sums to keep it going that we will enter into hyperinflation(check out germany 1930's), so they can't just keep adding cash. So it will have to crash down eventually, just as all inflation bubbles do.

So what we need to do is get rid of the fed, fractional banking(legalized counterfeiting for banks) and it's interest monster, have government issue the currency interest and debt free to the nation, and then have strict regulations on how much money is in the market based on supply and demand. Currency is issued in direct proportion and so you have neither inflation nor deflation. That is what the colonies did, and is what started the American revolution. It's called colonial scripts if you want to check it out further.

It would be nice to someday have such an abundance to where supply and demand are no longer valid laws, but until that day I think it is foolish to even think of such solutions. If these abundances come in any economy then any system of supply and demand would disappear by default and without any effort.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
There is no such thing as a cashless society that will work. The laws of supply and demand will always exist, and the only way to get "rid" of those laws is if you have either unlimited supply, or no demand.

Seriously... I addressed all the issues and questions you mention.

There are ways, outside our scarcity paradigm, combined with the level of tech we now possess, to eliminate the need for money at all, and yet offer the option to live as today's Elite live to ALL of us on this planet.

As I mentioned, my book is free and linked in my sig.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh, bless you all. I have been sending this idea out for some time now. I'm glad it has fallen on fruitful ground. A book even. Imagine.

Yes, it can work. We only have to reject the concept of controlled access. If there is enough for everyone, and there is, there is no reason for control of any sort. No one feels threatened. Why would you need to horde anything when it's all freely available? Why would you need to exchange anything when everyone is doing what they love to do? Information would be freely available. Everything would be open to us for the asking.

It won't work only because there are those who retain that mentality. Lose that mindset and all things become possible.

I think Earth used to be at the center of the universe at one point too...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

There are ways, outside our scarcity paradigm, combined with the level of tech we now possess, to eliminate the need for money at all, and yet offer the option to live as today's Elite live to ALL of us on this planet.

Can you give highlights? I'd like to say I'd read your book, but to be honest my work schedule doesn't really allow for me to sit around and read stuff like that too much. I've got a shelf full of books I haven't had time to read yet, and a good bit of online book links as well. Mostly I am able to post here as much as I do simply because I work online at home, so I usually tab over here and there between things I do. No way I could keep into a book doing it.

Ever thought of turning it into a movie? Or doing somekind of lecture? I am able to listen to those and such while I work, so I love good long boring lectures.

I'm open to the idea of how such could work, and I've seen things that talk about it, but in all those I've seen serious problems which makes things worse, not better. And I really don't see how it could be possible without a huge jump in technology. I've spent a good deal of time researching this topic and of all the systems I've looked at colonial scripts were the best bet, but of course in a government like we have today even that can cause troubles, which is why the founding fathers tied stuff to gold and silver(continental dollars show why). Either way, government spending has to come down.

The colonial scripts way would lead to a much more prosperous society. It's not based on debt, fractional banking that steals wealth isn't allowed and so on. There wouldn't be a "business cycle" and artificial booms and recessions and so on.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Oh, bless you all. I have been sending this idea out for some time now. I'm glad it has fallen on fruitful ground. A book even. Imagine.

I see how things COULD be and a path to get there. Therefore, I wrote the book, and offer it for free. I surely hope more than a handful will read it. [smile]

Yes, it can work. We only have to reject the concept of controlled access.

And this applies to programming, as well. Open source program everything, and then the programs can be watchdogged, reputations will build, and so on. This is a vital point in maintaining the abundance paradigm. I explain in my book.

If there is enough for everyone, and there is, there is no reason for control of any sort. No one feels threatened. Why would you need to horde anything when it's all freely available? Why would you need to exchange anything when everyone is doing what they love to do? Information would be freely available. Everything would be open to us for the asking.

All discussed in the book, which I used a sort of scifi approach to show the society functioning, and a contemporary diary describing the steps to get there.

It won't work only because there are those who retain that mentality. Lose that mindset and all things become possible.

The "stubborn-of-paradigm" are discussed as well in the book. The key would be to get some major media pundit - I was thinking Stephen Colbert... - to bring the ideas to the fore. If we can open others' perspectives to the wider world outside the scarcity paradigm we now live in, we could rapidly change things.

I think Earth used to be at the center of the universe at one point too...

LOL! *I*'m the center of the Universe! Oh. Well, ok. I'm the center of MY Universe! [grin]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A cash less system is a great idea. Yet we can not have a cash less system within a system that is based upon money! We would have to make money obsolete in order for this to work. I have never agreed with the current system. I have always thought that we should work not for the almighty dollar but for life. In a cashless system everyone would have to contibute in some way to our society. We work to get housing, medical cae etc. I do not think this will work in our current society. People are too greedy and have made money their all mighty god!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Can you give highlights?

The thread where I do that is linked in my sig as well.

Ever thought of turning it into a movie? Or doing somekind of lecture? I am able to listen to those and such while I work, so I love good long boring lectures.

I am thinking of all of the above! Problem is... I have to my name, oh... about 68 cents right now, have no job (but have been applying to 100-150 jobs a week since 2006!), no credit card (they closed it when I could no longer pay the bill), and so have no way to start building the resources to do any of that.

I have considered making it into a book on tape - IF I could get a recorder and the media...

Anyway, the book itself is a short read if one reads at a normal pace - no more than 4 hours - and much less if one reads quickly.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Amen and dam good post. This is being and has been planned to happen for severl decades now and I can assure you it is all about control. The only being that does not need control is God....hello!!! anyone out their. These critters that pretend to be Gods are simply a bunch of NO gods, little g. Its going to get real nasty here on planet earth and has already started. Its all about control and power but they too will kneel before the King of Kings. Want apologize for this assuming religious comment. If your blind then your blind. Why are so many so greedy and vicious and hungry for power they can not have?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Dam... coming to this web site is starting to freak me out, was in reality already freaked out. Cow uringe, what nets?....bat blood in our cereal. This world has simply imploded into some kind of insane insanity that is scaring the holy sh** out of me and I consider myself a hero. Might better rethink that thought. A few months at the most, I need a drink and two ativan....NOW!!!....please.

top topics

join