It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian strategic bombers fly over Arctic Ocean on routine patrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Russian strategic bombers fly over Arctic Ocean on routine patrol

en.rian.ru

MOSCOW, February 12 (RIA Novosti) - Two Russian Tu-95MS Bear-H strategic bombers have carried out a routine patrol flight over the Arctic Ocean, an Air Force spokesman said on Thursday.

"Their route crossed the neutral waters of the Arctic Ocean towards the Aleutian Islands, and the flight lasted for 12 hours," Lt. Col. Vladimir Drik said. The flight took place on Wednesday.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Russian Bombers "honing their skills"....over the Arctic, right off our borders. Why?

We should just go ahead and knock one of these down and get it over with. We had a perfect oppurtunity not long ago when one of them buzzed one of our carriers 2000' off the deck.

This type of sabre rattling is only going to escelate. Sooner or later, some 26 year old gung-ho F-15 pilot will go Postal.

en.rian.ru

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlinkyDFW

Russian Bombers "honing their skills"....over the Arctic, right off our borders. Why?

We should just go ahead and knock one of these down and get it over with. We had a perfect oppurtunity not long ago when one of them buzzed one of our carriers 2000' off the deck.

This type of sabre rattling is only going to escelate. Sooner or later, some 26 year old gung-ho F-15 pilot will go Postal.

en.rian.ru

Hahahaha man, man, man that is a seriously funny post. I like your sense of post-ironic humour, that doesn't just reflect the idiocy of the gung-ho attitude of people who you are imitating, but also goes to show how far people would go to promote such alarming and retarded foolishness.

Very good post.

But i doubt, unlike you, some people REALLY want the things you have just mentioned.

As I say hahahahahahaha VERY amusing post.

*Waddya mean he wasn't joking?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That's a common occurance in the Artic, Bears are always entering canadian air space, we scrammble and intercept, they wave and go home.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

Not going to happen. Military pilots do not decide when to engage. They are told by ground controllers when they can engage.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This type of stuff has been going on for DECADES nothing new just the latest round of " I SEE YOU "

They wave to each other and then peal off no big deal.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I agree the flights occur, but not as frequently as they are lately. Only in the last few months have they escelated, and mostly have gone unnoticed. However, what I've seen happen over the past few weeks, is the attention the Russian Government is giving themselves.

Even this headline is disturbing, and this was this morning:

english.pravda.ru...

Several of the leading Russian news sites have recently shifted their reporting to a 'muscle flexing' attitude.

I personally think bragging about your own capabilities is like picking a fight in the school yard with the litte guy. He's probably going to suprise you one day.

I actually think it's comical that they brag, at least they're showing their hand.

My biggest fear, at the moment, would be understanding why the Iranian VP is visiting N. Korea this week....

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
u dont think the usa'rs do the same?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yet it's no big deal when the US hosts massive naval war games off their coast?

Give me a break

One word: Routine

[edit on 12-2-2009 by n1zzzn]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They have been doing it for as long as I can remember. So do we.

The "Bear" is older than most people on this sites parents.

Have fun being scared over nothing. I'm going back to the grown-ups table now...

PEACE

top topics

join