It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man appears free of HIV after stem cell transplant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
I'm glad a cure for HIV may have been found. But there is already a cure for the vast majority of cases. It's called self restraint and personal responsibility.

yes thats a lovely bit of truth there but do you have to wield it so callously? there are some people who contract the disease through no fault of their own.

and even if they did contract it because of their own fault, do you really think that jesus would have the same contempt for them that you do?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 15-2-2009 by miriam0566]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
stem cells are my best friend!

they will radicly increase the life span and well being of humans,make us immune to oh so many diseases counter to depopulation!

no wonder bush severly hampered reseach into it.

lets all breed like crazy,spend all our resources on medicine and dope up on stem cells!

the human repopulation agenda!,cloning is the next step!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

I'm glad a cure for HIV may have been found. But there is already a cure for the vast majority of cases. It's called self restraint and personal responsibility.

yes thats a lovely bit of truth there but do you have to wield it so callously? there are some people who contract the disease through no fault of their own.

and even if they did contract it because of their own fault, do you really think that jesus would have the same contempt for them that you do?

Again I said the vast majority, not all of the cases. And while you are asking what would Jesus do, I'm sure it wouldn't involve the slaughter of the most innocent among us.

I'm not a holy roller, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how wrong or "callous" it is to kill another to make you feel better.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wish people would actually do some reading up on a subject before opening their mouths here, and totally making a fool of themselves. This man was treated with adult stem cells from a donor, which had zero restrictions from the Bush administration, so this research has been ongoing the whole time.

Please people, do a little bit of research before putting your thoughts to keyboard. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm not a holy roller, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how wrong or "callous" it is to kill another to make you feel better.

i agree, but they arent killing anyone.

either they are using stem cells that are taken from other sources or they are taking them from already aborted fetus.

am i mistaken in my understanding?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

That's were profits for performing abortions comes into play. Doctor's can now sell their aborted fetuses to these SCR companies. It only encourages more abortions. Whenever $$ is involved you can bet ethics are no longer in play.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That's were profits for performing abortions comes into play. Doctor's can now sell their aborted fetuses to these SCR companies. It only encourages more abortions. Whenever $$ is involved you can bet ethics are no longer in play.

so your say ban research that might create a cure because abortion clinics might start advertising to make a buck?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That's exactly what I'm saying. Abortion is horrible and it kills the most innocent. Now that clinics can make a profit off of abortions the practice will only be encouraged. There are other ways to harvest stem cells. Of course it's not as easy as collecting stem cells from millions of abortions.

It doesn't matter what illness you have, it's not worth a single abortion. Your life is not more important than the innocent one that was killed to make your life better.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what illness you have, it's not worth a single abortion. Your life is not more important than the innocent one that was killed to make your life better.

first let me say, i agree.

however people are having abortions whether or not the fetus´ are used for stem cell research.

do you have an organ donor card?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow On yur 6, I never thought of that, totally makes sense though, as this is America. Before I began following this argument I would have totally Argeed with Miriam, if the fetus' are going to be aborted anyways, might as well make them good use. But, I was overlooking the the simple fact that this society is so messed up, yes there would be profit, and thus in some form or another, either making an abortion easier to get, cheaper, or even paying for mothers to create them, or even more dangerous, lab babies, none of that is outside the realm of possibity. But....at the same time, wouldn't it be nice if instead of the trash these little ones could bring something useful to this world...wow. I'm right back where I started from.
Sorry for not contibuting to the conversation

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Wow On yur 6, I never thought of that, totally makes sense though, as this is America. Before I began following this argument I would have totally Argeed with Miriam, if the fetus' are going to be aborted anyways, might as well make them good use. But, I was overlooking the the simple fact that this society is so messed up, yes there would be profit, and thus in some form or another, either making an abortion easier to get, cheaper, or even paying for mothers to create them, or even more dangerous, lab babies, none of that is outside the realm of possibity. But....at the same time, wouldn't it be nice if instead of the trash these little ones could bring something useful to this world...wow. I'm right back where I started from.
Sorry for not contibuting to the conversation

the logical solution is to not let them profit. make the clinics donate the fetus´

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well I agree also. Maybe something could be passed that will prevent this sort of thing from happening. I'll be contacting my Congressmen.

I think we have proven at least one thing. No matter what your stance on SCR and abortion, people shouldn't be allowed to profit off of abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join