It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop fuming at chimney arrest

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Bishop fuming at chimney arrest

uk.news.yahoo.com

A bishop has set up a website in protest at being arrested after putting his two sons on top of the chimney of his home.

The Most Reverend Jonathan Blake, 52, an archbishop in the Open Episcopal Church, was arrested after neighbours complained he had put his two young boys up the chimney.

The father-of-five insisted the children were safe, and taking part in a school challenge for book week - reading a book in an unusual place.

Nathan, eight, and Dominic, seven, were spotted perched one at a time on the chimney stack of their family home, reading a book.

Neighbours called the police. He was arrested for child neglect.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know it's not world stopping news, but i posted this as it fits nicely in with some of the threads on ATS about police going OTT and also the photography issue at the moment.

On the topic itself, i think that i've been as guilty as this as this bishop was. I take my kids over the forest to play most weekends, and they spend half the time up trees....big trees!

They love climbing, i am carefull with them, but now and again they are up there in a flash and all you can do is try and coax them down safely. the bishop seems to have at least been safety conscious as he made the kid wear a harness.

I found this part of the article interesting...

"His wife, Annette, 49, who rushed to his aid after hearing his calls for help, was not allowed to video his arrest."

So it's started already has it? Maybe it was because of the punching in the back? I thought that bill wasn't in force yet anyway?

I see the bishop has a website regarding this, i can't find the link but will post it when i do.

Any thoughts?

CX.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/2/09 by CX]

new topics

join