It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from the Director: A Time To Say Farewell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

www.cia.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

Our Agency has chosen a quotation from the New Testament to underscore its core mission: “And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.”

Today, though, the Old Testament offers relevant guidance: “To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So is this Hayden way of saying what every they have done it was right in his and Bushs eyes. I just find it really strange that he would post something like that right on the government web site for all to see. But I guess thats how the Bush administration worked. Do what every they want in your face and im above the law so you can't do anything bout t.

www.cia.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-2-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Link that works:

I wouldn't read too much into it; it's a pretty standard well-wishing farewell statement. Use of religious quotes is not uncommon, and in this case just seems to be an expression of personal moral beliefs. One can read into that exactly how 'flexible' moral slogans can be.

Slightly ironic: I do not think that the philosophy shown by the CIA's history, towards the American public, can accurately be expressed by the phrase: "Ye shall know the truth".

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
kind of creepy at first read. makes ya wonder.

*gets out cia decoder ring

new topics

top topics

join