It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you living your life unconsciously?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

The heart is not paranoia. You need to empty your mind and follow your senses, NOT your suspicions.

Part of the journey is to realize what the heart actually is. For a long time I was unaware of what the heart actually was and how to actually follow it. You need to find your heart first. This is extremely personal so I am not even going to try and give you advice because than you may try to strategically find your heart with some method which would then make it impossible for you to do.

Once you do find your heart you will know what I am talking about. You will feel the connection you have with this reality and realize that the outside world is very much apart of your inside world.

Good luck man. Just try to open yourself up. Experience the present and feel the now. Dont try to think, just feel.

You may try to contradict me by saying fear and sadness are also feelings, but those are usually if not always created by your thoughts.

"Fear is an illusion, but when fear becomes a reality its best to face it head on." - Willy Nelson.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Congratulations
Experiencing the same thing for some time. A "waking up" that started with a total change of view about the world - when I realized who did 9/11. Now I see that even that does not matter

www.ashidakim.com...

Ryokan, a Zen master, lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening a thief visited the hut only to discover there was nothing to steal.

Ryokan returned and caught him. "You have come a long way to visit me," he told the prowler, "and you should not return empty-handed. Please take my clothes as a gift."

The thief was bewildered. He took the clothes and slunk away.

Ryoken sat naked, watching the moon. "Poor fellow," he mused, "I wish I could have given him this beautiful moon.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I've been living my life on autopilot for the last few years, and it gets worse all the time. I just go through my days doing things routinely without thinking, and it's got to the stage where i can't even snap out of it if i want to. It's totally destroyed my creativity and affected my intelligence for sure.

I blogged about it a while ago as it was concerning me, but none of my friends really understood, I think they were already stuck in that mindset by then.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

I definitely know what you mean when it come to books "finding" you. Whenever im bored I head down to the local barnes and nobles and head over to the New Age/philosophy section.

I dont like that they call it new age because of the associations with that phrase, but every book I want to read is in that section. Whether it be about quantum physics(What the bleep do we know?), ancient technology (forbidden history, hidden knowledge), remote viewing, 2012, meditation, eckhart tolle, the new age section has it all. It amazes me that they put books about quantum mechanics and books by sylvia brown in the same section but hey.

Getting back to what you were saying, I will go to the New Age section and browse around for a bit and pick out 3 books. Ill then find a comfy chair somewhere in the store and choose the one that im really feeling. I read the first couple chapters and im usually DEAD on. Whatever book i came across pertained to my life at that very moment in so many ways. After that i make the purchase and continue the journey.

Ive also had friends give me books that were exactly what i needed in that particular phase of my spiritual development. Books are amazing things and like I said I wouldn't be where i am today without having gained knowledge from books, but insight comes from applying what resonates with you to your waking life.

example; I could read 10 books about meditation and think I understand it, but never experience it. You have to experience these concepts first hand to truly appreciate them. Sorry im rambling but im just jacked up on life.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Couldn't agree with you more. You realize 9/11 was off but now what? You woke up to things going on around you but theres something even deeper than that. You can go throw rocks at cops or you can realize its external and all wrongs are righted eventually. I started seeking truth internally and it changed my life.

ps. loved the quote. Ive heard that one before and it resonates

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Id really like to hear some more peoples experiences with this subject, dont be afraid to share!

The past few days have been really interesting for me. I feel as if most have no idea that their everyday lives are on playback. If anyone has conquered this and has some tips or exercises it would be appreciated!! I feel that a lot more good can come from this thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You can find Feldenkrais exercises on YouTube that will explain it much better than me, since my english is not fluent, yet.

They are simple, some of them you will need a partner, but you can do others by yourself and become even more concious of your own body movement.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I find daily reverence essential. Conscious contact with the higher power. Trust Your own sence of self, absolute recodnition of what is, no judgement, no resistance of the mind. Silence is a good teacher. Omnipresence.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Every time I start to think that I'm trapped inside my body, it's because I'm thinking, projecting, and fearing things that have not yet happened. In other words, the real trap is in my thoughts.

What a thread, OP! I'll gladly join

americandingbat - I feel that Fear anchors me down.
Once removed, everything seems more real. Light is everywhere.

How do you remove thinking, projecting w/o meditation?
What mental setup do you exercise?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Way Home or Face the Fire -

www.jahtruth.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

www.youtube.com...

Found a great video explaining the Feldenkrais method. Thank you Inforbrazil.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by bringthelight]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eventHorizon

Ive found that meditation it the best remedy to retaining awareness throughout your day. If you understand that meditating has nothing to do with religion and anyone can practice it freely, you are ready to give it a try.

Although tough at first, set schedule for yourself and try doing it an hour before you go to sleep at first. Do it for a week and see how you feel after. It becomes easier with time to set aside 20 min for yourself as your body and mind will feel the benefits. If you need any help let me know and i can send you a bunch of information that helped me on my journey.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon
americandingbat - I feel that Fear anchors me down.
Once removed, everything seems more real. Light is everywhere.

How do you remove thinking, projecting w/o meditation?
What mental setup do you exercise?

I apologize for not answering sooner – somehow I didn't see that this thread was getting responses still.

I guess this depends a lot on my particular state of mind at the time. Sometimes all it takes is the awareness that "I'm doing it again" for me to let go of the troublesome thoughts. Sometimes it will be talking something through with a friend. And sometimes I'll really be tied up in fear knots and I won't be able to break through without doing one of two things: meditating, or taking an action that will break the negativity.

The best tool I think I've found for gently releasing myself from thought patterns that are going nowhere is to laugh at myself.

Another thing I like to do that always gets me back to the present time and space coordinates is to take a long walk, preferably with my little digital camera, and pay attention to details around me. I happen to think there's a lot of beauty in urban industrial wastelands, so that's my preference – I'll walk around and take pictures of piles of old tires that strike me as being particularly interesting, or graffiti tags, or something. But I'm sure it works if you're taking pictures of flowers or birds too

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Man, I was ready to go to bed until I read your thread. Real quick, I'll have to type this out. I came to the same realization too! And then opened an old Osho book of mine to a random page (not trying to get psychic on you) and read this: Awareness And Centering - Osho

peace

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Awesome TS!

The VERY FIRST STEP is: REALIZING YOU ARE ASLEEP!

A lot of people simply don't get it -- "Asleep!? I sleep at night, but I'm awake otherwise!" LOL.

Now, the question becomes, how important is staying awake to you?

Make no mistake, becoming awake is NOT easy. We have all been conditioned to sleep. Awakening is a process and a journey. You'll now have to start learning what your WILL means and to start developing it. It is through applying your will that you'll completely awaken.

One thing you can do is start reading. Read everything you can get your hands on that has something to say about consciousness, spirituality, mind, etc... Accept everything, but believe nothing. There's some truth in everything, but not necessarily all is true. You'll EXPERIENCE the truth when you allow room for it to enter. The main thing is: keep the pondering of awakening at the forefront of your mind AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. In my opinion, it's the most important thing anyone can do.

The "Power of Now" is great material. I highly recommend it. There's lots more. I won't recommend anything in particular. You'll find what you need as you go.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thank you TheSingularity for the reply and the ebook. I found the section on awareness to be very interesting. I agree with the anon poster below that reading as much as you can and keeping awareness on the forefront of your mind as much as possible is everything.

I have had one of the most amazing eye opening months of my life and i attribute it to keeping my attention on my awareness.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think the main reason why "time goes by too fast" is because we're living subconsciously, which in turn makes it seem like we're living fast. Its something that's hard to break out of, especially since it works hand and hand with routine.

The best thing to do is spend a few minutes every few hours just taking it all in and reflecting.

Its all mental.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

Agreed. Sometimes I feel like life is playing out like a giant equation based on chemical reactions and time goes by so fast because we are not actively participating.

Its only when we break the stream of endless mental babble that we are participating in life first hand. Questioning, reflecting, and just stepping out of the everyday personality we perceive ourselves to be; this is what I do to slow down time and truly experience life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join