It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama is 'screwing up' on the economy. Be very afraid.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Heres a link to The Carlyle Groups presentation on the world financial crisis, 15 Oct 2008. For those of you that is daddy Bush's old business partners. I think it gives some insight on how the Bushs knew and know whats going on and are still making there plans on how to take advantage of the markets.
The Impact of the Financial Services Meltdown on The Global Economy And The Private Equity Industry

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You guys really are going crazy.

How can he mess up on the economy? SERIOUSLY.

He went to Harvard (one of the best schools in the country, duh!), and make G.W.B look like a toddler in regards to speaking skills.

And you guys want to know if he is a real citizen, has any real experience, wonders why he is throwing more useless money at a recession, closes Guantanamo Bay where suspected and actual terrorist are, and plenty of other things?

Just wait. Obama will bring us the change he promised. I believe in him NO MATTER WHAT. A man with those good looks and speaking skills can't mess up, it is impossible!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Funny! I like the sarcasm.

I expect we will become more familiar with the line, "I screwed up".

I expect that quite soon from selecting Geitner as Secretary of Treasury (the guy who oversaw the NY Fed during the financial collapse), and the selection of his economic team.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't know what he's up to with that "you can elect a new president if you don't like me" but you can bet it's all a deliberate snow job on the American people. He played America like a violin, he's not about to give up that easy.

"Imperialism has a new face"

www.youtube.com...

Good video on what's really going on.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm going to ease up on who was elected President, it's more and more apparent the President is the spokesman for the government rather than the true leader. After these guys get elected and briefed, they get that 'oh crap' look on their faces.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Just wait. Obama will bring us the change he promised. I believe in him NO MATTER WHAT. A man with those good looks and speaking skills can't mess up, it is impossible!

Frito, it may come to pass, that you gain deep, new insights and perhaps even a measure of wisdom as you get older.

I know that we live in a age of shiny pre-packaged ideas, soundbites and images. But most "reasonable" individuals recognize the necessity to attempt to process the onslaught of multitudinous media with at least a grain of skepticism.

Fanatic

"Defined in psychological terms, a fanatic is a man who consciously over-compensates a secret doubt"~~~Aldous Huxley

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snisha

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Frito, it may come to pass, that you gain deep, new insights and perhaps even a measure of wisdom as you get older.

I know that we live in a age of shiny pre-packaged ideas, soundbites and images. But most "reasonable" individuals recognize the necessity to attempt to process the onslaught of multitudinous media with at least a grain of skepticism.

Fanatic

"Defined in psychological terms, a fanatic is a man who consciously over-compensates a secret doubt"~~~Aldous Huxley

I thought he was being completely sarcastic. Fritos you need to clarify for us now. I just didn't think anyone could really mean what you said literally.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Bombeni, it is my sincere hope that Frito IS being sarcastic.

If that happens to be the case I will extend a sincere apology for being too serious and not catching the humor!

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind"~~~Mohandas Gandhi

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
well obama isn't really messing up the economy and bush himself did not really mess it up.......i mean it was quite a collective effort by numerous party's that IMO really took off with the deregulation of financial institutions (high leverage) along with the Financial innovation's i.e securitization along with generally a unstable monetary system that depends on ever increasing debt which is unsustainable in itself....

regulators corrupted by big industry in almost every sector of the economy allowed the fox's in the henhouse do to the revolving doors.....and the gov/ financial sector's foothold on the MEDIA kept american's dumb/ignorant/and happy until it was too late to put the Gennie back in the bottle........should we bail out the debtors and not just bailout out the elite creditors ( those foreign nations may stop supporting our credit markets) and we will be forced to really take a beating that will result in a much lower reset level to our economy.........one thing you can count on .....THIS WILL END VERY BAD....especially with so many country's interconnected and most getting deep in recession......seems many country's are scared of doing the right thing in respect to financial bad debts on books due to protecting the vested interests that got us into the mess as well as upsetting foreign holders of the banks toxic bond debt that want a nice overpaying deal (at taxpayer expense) or they may stop financing western economy's consumption..

[edit on 18-2-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If Americans aren't a bunch of lambs going to slaughter now then I don't know who is. What happened to the American spirit that used to stand up against tyranny? And tyranny is what our government is doing imo.

900 billion dollars and the taxpayers have to pay all that back. We get to keep $13 of our OWN money, while 100 billion is going to be used to keep people in houses that they couldn't afford in the first place, in houses that are worth less than half the mortgaged value.

I'm so angry about this I don't how to act. We are going down that's for sure. If the govt. wants to print 900 billion dollars that we have to pay back why don't they give a fair amount of it to the tax payers to spend ourselves? That way at least we'd get something for our 900 billion tax bill that we are going to owe from this. What is going on?????

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Lucky us! They haven't ruled out another stimulus plan, according to press secretary Gibbs. I didn't bother to look up a link because it's not worth the trouble. I think the only safe thing would be to send Congress on a hiatus for the rest of the year. They've spent so much money already this year I don't know what there is left for them to do.
We've got the auto companies there asking for their every three monthly billions. We've got all the people who overbought houses who need to be helped by those who actually used judgement in buying what they can afford who need their mortgages renegotiated to lower interest rates and lower principal. Who else? I just heard that Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder, is saving hundreds of millions because of the stimulus bill.
Business Insider

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join