It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama is 'screwing up' on the economy. Be very afraid.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
Why should I be afraid?

Hear! Hear! I'll decide when to be afraid. And since I'm prepared for this crisis, I am not afraid.

As far as the title of this thread, it's just funny! "Barack Obama is 'screwing up' on the economy"??? That's like blaming the plumber for your stopped up toilet when he comes to fix it!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What's the deal with this place lately, (ATS)

All of these, Depression looming, negative, scare mongers.

Why should I be afraid?

I thought the economy was going to collapse last fall? Ummm, we're still here.

Even if the economy collapsed tomorrow, I wouldn't be "scared" I would be "happy"

I'm just not really afraid of it like some of you guys are. So, please, speak for your self from now on, don't make thread titles like, "You should be really scared, the bogyman is coming"

No fear here!

Hey, see ya at the FEMA camps, I'll bring the beer.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What troubles me most about President Obama's public statements on the economy and all things related is his repeated claim that he "inherited" these problems.

Very telling if you think about it... Humans will result to blaming others when they can find no solutions to the problems that challenge them.

He wants to make it clear to all that this is NOT his problem! It is not his fault no matter what happens nor, will it be his fault if efforts fail to resolve these problems.

He is going with the plans of others so that he can say "it was their plan not mine"

Convenient and disappointing.

Maybe there isn't a good plan, but our new president to have this approach and attitude is very troubling to say the least.

That sinking feeling is justified!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well I actually welcome the collapse and I hope that we can do better with our government once we get control of our nation again.

Perhaps we can sit our politicians down and stamp the constitution in their faces or better yet tattooed so they can remember who they are suppose to serve.

BTW A poll in CNBC just now said that 80% of Americans see the stimulus as a failure under the secretary of treasury plan.

I see already people losing faith.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
He wants to make it clear to all that this is NOT his problem! It is not his fault no matter what happens nor, will it be his fault if efforts fail to resolve these problems.

That's not at all true.

Obama Expects to be Judged by His Results

He told people at a town hall event in Florida Tuesday that he won't make any excuses if he fails in his effort to turn the economy around or improve the health care system.

Obama said: "I won't lie to you."

He also said that in "a few years from now" if his prescriptions haven't worked and people don't feel like he's led the country in the right direction, "then you'll have a new president."

Doesn't sound like the cop out you make out it to be...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So tighter controls on Fannie and Freddie, and support of Sarbanes-Oxley made Bush a deregulator? BWHAHAHAHAHAZ do you ever read? lol

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I guess what my post was trying to say was that you have a place like ATS

where usually, for the last 2 years I've browsed ATS, has been how awful America is and how corrupt and how the Masons secretly control everything.

Well, if you really believe that, then why wouldn't you openly embrace the collapse of our Country?

Why keep the, Illuminati, Free-Mason, Evil-Alien President controlled government alive?

Why not openly hope and pray that our economy collapses so we can take back some control?

I mean think about it guys.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
So tighter controls on Fannie and Freddie, and support of Sarbanes-Oxley made Bush a deregulator?

No. Him being a deregulator made him a deregulator. He failed to convince Congress to do anything about Fannie and Freddie and he blocked the boosting of regulation of mutual and hedge funds. THAT makes him a deregulator...

do you ever read? lol

I read and comprehended the blurb from TIME Magazine.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I hate to tell you Stormdancer, but if you show up at the FEMA camps with beer, you will be the only one there.

This is America, and Americans are some of the greatest people on Earth.

Fear mongering is for fools.

"IF YOU AREN'T A PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM"

President Obama just got into office, and he inherited all kinds of problems, and he is working at those problems; he will be a Great President.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Dont know what to say....
dont really dislike the guy but have no trust in him And have many mixed thoughts about this presidency....quite negative actually

I think he will achieve nothing with his new plan...if he really has one....

This is the beginnning (well already started) of the fall of the American Empire....

What a shame...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Please! This goes back to Clinton's signing of NAFTA, the Federal Fair Housing Act, Repeal of Glas-Steagal etc... Clinton F**ked it up! Bush F**ked it up! Now Obama is F**king it up!

And Time Magazine??? Are you F**king kidding me!?!?! The Magazine that had Obama on 12 successive covers? That had Obama on over 35% of their covers last year? Leave it to those liberal loons to blame the crooks because they stole the money that the bankers left on the front porch!!! UNBELIEVABLE!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

I don't know Jack.

It is becoming painfully obvious we are not going to get the change unless we change it ourselves, and i don't know how to do that all by myself.

Let's see, we hippy peace lovin baby boomers, live off the land all all that jazz, became the most money hungry materialistic me generation,

maybe it is karma

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Good luck with that!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Deflection: His words were "I inherited this problem"

And more importantly:

“This notion that I came in here ginned up to spend $800 billion, that wasn’t how I envisioned my presidency beginning,” Mr. Obama said. “But we have to adapt to circumstances.”

Two more economic questions, from Julianna Goldman of Bloomberg News and Jake Tapper of ABC News, rounded out the questioning on the economy. Mr. Tapper asked how will Americans be able to tell if his economic program was working?

The president’s answer? If up to 4 million American jobs are created or saved.

Created... or... saved?

Think about it.

BH you know I am an Obama supporter, but this is not at all what I was expecting. So far all I have seen is a plan for government. Deflecting these current problems and likely economic collapse as well as failed attempts to fix it by making it clear to the people that it is an inherited problem is not leadership.

It's to late to argue these points and semantics. When this crisis hits home and everyone is impacted then it will be more clear where we were, what could have been done and what mistakes were made.

I am disappointed to say the least, but I should have expected no less from a career politician.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I hear you brother.

Boy, if you only knew how much I hear you.

It's not really in our hands now it seems like it's in Gods.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I hear you brother.

Boy, if you only knew how much I hear you.

It's not really in our hands now it seems like it's in Gods.

Yes, Gods.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is the current plans that are screwing up the economy. The plans outline the opposite of what should be done, and was created by the wrong people. The financial collapse I would blame on everyone on watch during the Clinton and Bush administrations, where they urged banks to issue bad loans, banks did that, and created these financial engineering monstrosities to offload their bad loans in pretty wrappers.

Seems the latest administrations and political groups are all for creating big government, I see no difference between the Democrat and Republican parties. After all, Thomas Jefferson and James Maddison founded the one Democrat-Republican party 1792.

Consider this:
  • The majority of the public is against these bailouts (wealth transfers from taxpayer to failing institutions)
  • Respected economists (and nearly half the public) are against the stimulus plans
  • Taxpayer subsidized companies come under government control - they beome quasi-Nationalized
  • Weak subsidized companies crowd out otherwise stronger companies
  • Industries of subsidized companies effectively become nationalized

We've come to accept that bailouts and stimulus plans are bad for the economy, and people running the show must also know this. So the question is; Are they screwing up the economy on purpose? I smell a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Yes that is truth, no lie about that, but guess what, even with all the problems the nation was facing after all those failed policies, What did Bush did in 8 years to correct that failure and prove that he was the president for the people?, I am afraid he didn't do a darn thing, actually he got us into a war, help reward the banking institutions with tax payer money and congress went along with him.

One more reason for the America people to see what 8 years of bush with first 6 years of republican congress hold did and then what the incompetence of a 2 years Democrat congress help achieve.

We got screw.

Now all the pressure and all the hopes are on the back of a new president that will be overwhelmed with all those years of Americas government failures.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I partly agree that he cannot change the hole system right now but what he is trying to do is to give a solution maybe temporary to the problem

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

"IF YOU AREN'T A PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM"

President Obama just got into office, and he inherited all kinds of problems, and he is working at those problems; he will be a Great President.
Well, government is not the solution, government is the problem.

Let's turn that quote around:

"IF YOU AREN'T A PART OF THE PROBLEM, THEN YOU ARE A PART OF THE SOLUTION"

At least if you support each amendment of the constitution.

I think Obama is rapidly creating more problems than he is solving. I have no confidence in this administration. It's turning out he's just another Politician (from the Chicago machine, at that) running a never ending campaign.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Dbriefed]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join