It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street/charity workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There's alot of things which piss me off in this world, but nothing comes closer then charity workers. Some can be nice people and understand that you don't have time to talk to them, but the #ers who call you "racist" because your running late and can't stop to hear about some starving kids. For # sake,a guilt trip isn't going to work on me, do they really think im gonna spend the rest of my day sulking 'cause i didn't talk to some red cross bitch??

I remember watching something on british TV about this. Charity workers would call people "heartless pigs" and label the general public as not caring 'cause they don't stop and talk to them on the street.

Because you're to busy to stop or not interested doesn't mean the charity worker can label you with #. Do you ever see oxfam workers chanting "your a kkk member" 'cause you didn't buy anything from the shop?? No! you don't!:bnghd:
The problem is that most street/charity workers are cocky teens who think its all a game, well # them!

(calms himself down)

Im sorry if anyone on ATS helps out and is a charity worker. I always give money every year for children in need, but i don't like being looked down on when i don't have the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe you've met a few botched charity workers. This would upset me also. They should be understanding of peoples time.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Maybe you've met a few botched charity workers. This would upset me also. They should be understanding of peoples time.

JustAnIllusion, exactly. Well these "botched" charity workers need to understand that not everyone has the time.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

I've met a couple of those. If they dare call me a "name" I just tell them to f##k off right then and there.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
the really annoying thing about these people is that they dont actually work for a charity - they work for a company that employs people to work on behalf of the charities. this means that they arent voluntary workers and they havent contributed anything to the cause they represent.

they dont accept cash donations because their pay is commision based and they therefore have to sign you up to a direct debit to get paid.

its total hypocrisy for someone to ask you to 'spare a few minutes for charity' and talk about what a great cause it is they represent, when they arent prepared to give up their own time/cash.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
there was just a big crackdown on false street charity workers. I never throw money in their jugs b/c it has the stigma of being a scam.

new topics

top topics

join