It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great News About Freemasons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Well at least I raised a chuckle, I was not so sure if it were Italian or vatican, I had heard of the P2 Lodge but never looked into it.

Was just clearing up the facts as theres so much nonsense out there.

I guess thats as stupid a question as asking if the pope is a mason.
No, the real nut jobs here insist that Masons are controlled by either the Queen of England who answers to the Pope, or the Pope who answers to the Queen of England (or maybe the two are sleeping together and running the Masons from between the sheets?) I can never keep it straight. Of course, it's all hogwash, but you still have people making those claims here.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Well ill soon find out for myself.

Ive had some welcomed news of emplyment so ill be asking to join shortly.

I think it would be hypocritical to ask before im contributing to society in that respect.

Maybe ill grow fangs in the coming months but I highly doubt it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I can honestly say that my fangs have not grown any longer since becoming a Mason. Nor has my hunger for the flesh of the living noticeably increased. Per annum, the number of ritual sacrifices I perform has not changed. I may consider obtaining an additional tax write-off underaged genetic and biological experiment this year, but that's really more at my wife's insistence than my Worshipful Master's. Really.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Fnord?

No wonder people get ideas when you flip the coin sort of speak.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well ill soon find out for myself.

Ive had some welcomed news of emplyment so ill be asking to join shortly.

I think it would be hypocritical to ask before im contributing to society in that respect.

It would not be hypocritical in the least. Masons see everyone as equal.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

While I have heard of this it was suggested to me that I should consider having a job before asking as the lodge in question prefers that.

This is probably just my father in law twisting advice in when I think about it as he would have to vouch for me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Not especially. As far as Freemasonry is concerned, it is at best to come third in your life in terms of priorities following family concerns and work concerns.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Generally speaking, Masonry is so self-sacrificing that its attitude is that it doesn't want dues or initiation fees to be an undue burden on the members. So yeah, if you're already in financial hot water, they're not going to say "hey, come throw money you don't have at us too!" Masonry should never get in the way of work, family or your own religious faith and practices. If it does, you're doing it wrong™,

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I see the point made there actually.

Im not exactly in financial bliss after being out of work for 6 months now (definately not through choice).

Cheers for the info.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A couple of things. While this is a great post, keep in mind there's no clear evidence linking Masons to Templars, in fact the grand secretary of the Grand Lodge of all England (separate from the GLE) would claim that Masonry predates it.

As for prominent Masons, I don't believe there are all that many at the moment. Certainly far less than there used to be, back when Masonry was more popular.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join