It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great News About Freemasons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm going to leave ATS for a while, so I won't be able to provide answers to this post.

Once upon a time, I was just like every other conspiracy geek, blaming the Freemasons for being a part of the New World Order, taking over the world and stuff. Then, I got older and hopefully wiser and my opinion on the Freemasons changed drastically.

In a matter of fact, I have a fortune to know a couple of Freemasons and I must add that they are very nice people - probably the best people I've ever met.

So the whole Freemasons-Are-Evil campaign dates all the way back to the Knights Templar (Freemasons in fact originate from Knights Templar) and the whole Friday the 13th of October 1307 where the French King Philip IV arrested and executed a great deal of Knights Templar. And so the hate campaign against the Freemasons went on and it still exists today, as many of us blame the Freemasons to be the Illuminati, to eat children, perform occult rituals, to take over the world, etc.

Now, before you start bashing the Freemasons, you ought to read some books about them, there is in fact a great deal of accessible information about Freemasonry out there.

To sum things up, without revealing too much, the mail purpose of the Freemasons is to answer these three questions, I quote from a book about Freemasons:

1) Where do we come from?

2) Why are we here?

3) Where are we heading?

That's basically it.

Now, all of us humans are on different spiritual levels. Some are very evolved and some are just started. Some are Level 50, others are Level 1 (to illustrate my point).

The Freemasons is a Good People's Club - a society of humans that are/have done something extraordinary and who want to make a difference to this world instead of remaining sofa potatoes. That's why, to illustrate this, the Freemasons don't invite people on for example Level 1 of their spiritual development, but first accept those who are on Level 10 and up.

Think about it: if you had a club of highly intelligent people, you too wouldn't invite fools to join, wouldn't you?

Good.

So about the whole hush-hush thing. The purpose of the Freemasons is NOT a secret - you can read about it in all those books about the Freemasonry out there. The things which are secret - are the rituals.

And why? Let me illustrate: if you are reading a really good book, you wouldn't want to know what's on the next chapter, before you read it yourself. Thus, those on the higher degrees of Freemasonry are not allowed to tell the newbies what's going to happen. Thus, all the rituals must remain secret, otherwise the whole experience will be spoiled.

Freemasonry is a life-long journey towards becoming a better human. The symbols the Freemasons use are a sort of NLP-tools, to help the lodge members remember, stay aware and evolve. Many of those symbols and rituals are so complex, so even if they were not secret, one would not have any clue about what it's all about.

Those symbols and rituals are a part of bigger picture of a journey towards becoming a better human.

That's why you see top leaders, politicians, writers, philosophers and other prominent people among the ranks of Freemasons. They are all very special people, they all strive to make the world a better place and to help humanity. They all have the "Be the change you want to see in the world."-mentality. They are not perfect nor holy, but all of them are striving to become better people, to live their lives to a full extent and to write history instead of being a passive witness.

What people don't know is that Freemasons do a lot of charity, support a lot of schools, hospitals and institutions. So yet again: the Freemasons is the Good People's Club. And in order to protect the good, they are not accepting everyone into their ranks and certainly not telling everything about them.

So, it is up to you what you think about the Freemasons. It is up to you to believe me or not. I have not come here to recruit you nor to convince you. The choice is always yours and you must find your own answers.

But what I can tell, due to my own personal experiences, is that the Freemasons are great, caring and inspirational people and I am deeply thankful to possess that knowledge about them.

This is all you will get about Freemasons from me - I am not answering any further questions regarding the Freemasons, this only post will suffice.

Peace,
Mulder

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A very good post indeed, but the thing you said about people in prominent positions are usually freemasons are the reason they seem evil. Because how could a high up member of the government be anything less then evil? I mean they start wars for "peace" who ever heard of starting a war to achieve peace?!?! I agree the majority in fact all the freemasons I know (4) seem to be really good mates, but is it possible a rogue sect of freemasons are the cause of the evil, I mean its the freemasons compass symbol appearing on all the capitol buildings of the red blue and white run nations that give it away, unless a more sinister sect has adopted the same symbols, It would seem that indeed freemasons are the architects of the free world. And if this is the freeworld then god damn are we pathetic

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have to agree, I too have known some Masons, and some Shriners, and they were all nice guys, didn't matter what I'd read about them. The Shriners paid a large sum to a hospital for my daughter, who was terribly burned when she was five years old. I am forever grateful for what they did in my daughter's behalf.

I have also studied extensively into the Templars, for my own genealogy shows a man who came to America in 1632 who may have had connections to the Templars. Any great thing, and they were great at their height of power) is both good, and evil, you cannot have one without the other. One cannot have one, and not the other, for they two define each other. Not long ago I had a vision where I saw light and darkness come together as one, but I still cannot understand how this could happen. Even if they did do this, would not the end result be light,or darkness? Is there a happy medium here?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Great post! I know a few masons, and they do really great work in the community. Albeit, they are pretty low on the totem pole I suppose, but are great guys none the less.

Even my uncle is a Mason, pretty high up there too apparently.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The problem with Masons is the mysterie and secrecy, it tends to rile up the imagination and when everything is secret the lies cannot be refuted. So they may be all good or not all that bad, they may not be. In the end tere is one way to clear things up, end to secrecy. Not saying it should be done just saying it is a solution to the trust issue.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
My grandfather was a 33 degree Mason and a member of the Scottish Rite and Shriners. He was one of the most God-fearing, spiritual, GOOD man I have ever known.

Before you say anything about him being a "bottom-tier", "blue-lodge", Mason, the Scottish Rite and Shrine are pretty high levels of Masonry. He allowed me, his only grandson, to be initiated into the DeMolay, (a masonic org for young men).

If there was anything nefarious about masonry, he was the type of man who looked out for his family, and I'm sure he would have not allowed me to join.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
The problem with Masons is the mysterie and secrecy, it tends to rile up the imagination and when everything is secret the lies cannot be refuted. So they may be all good or not all that bad, they may not be. In the end tere is one way to clear things up, end to secrecy. Not saying it should be done just saying it is a solution to the trust issue.

Without the mystery and secrecy, in my opinion, the Masonic teachings would be lost. The message (which, personally, I find beautiful) would be drowned in a sea of competing philosophy.

Initially we were forced to hide our mysteries and secrets due to persecution. Religious and Political leaders throughout history have clung to their power by holding "the Truth" over the head of the people like Damocles' sword.

When they find out that a group such as the Masons have found peace, happiness and answers that do not rely on subscription to the power of the church or the king then it makes them nervous.

Time and again those who study these beliefs are wiped out by the power brokers so that we do not threaten their control.

It is no secret that the Church despises us, as we remain under an order of excommunication.

It is also no secret that dictators revile us. Masons were lead to their deaths by Hitler in World War II because the mere existence of a group that did not find their salvation in his philosophy threatened his very existence.

Don't get me wrong, though. Nowadays the most serious persecution we face is probably the relatively tame skewerings here and there on places like ATS.

It's my belief that the silly passwords and handshakes we learn that we swear to conceal do not have a specific inherent meaning, but rather are a test of fortitude and morality. If a man can't hold his word to his brothers then he is not ready to advance and take part in the rights and benefits of Light and Truth.

In a very real sense all of our "secrets" are public. They are not hard to find in the world of Google.

The real secret though is not something that can be communicated through words or writing alone. It's already there inside all of us and Masonry is just one way to help discover it. I don't think any Mason has ever been able to explain it to a brother. It is up to each to find it on his own.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
The problem with Masons is the mysterie and secrecy, it tends to rile up the imagination and when everything is secret the lies cannot be refuted.

I think emsed has a point here. The concepts of secrecy and mystery are part of the identity of Freemasonry. You're probably right that it generates detractors, but I believe that some things are more important than having to justify myself to people who don't like me anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Try to convince us that Freemasons are good when you get to the top. Seeing you're still a nobody because you're not 33 Degree yet, the suspicion stands.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Try to convince us that Freemasons are good when you get to the top. Seeing you're still a nobody because you're not 33 Degree yet, the suspicion stands.
But you wouldn't believe a 33 either, and there IS one who's a member of ATS and posts regularly. So really, your argument is moot. You won't trust what you consider low level masons because you think they're ignorant, and you won't trust what you consider high level masons because you think they're hiding something and won't give you an honest answer. That just boils down to "you won't trust masons", which means any discussion you might have with them would be worthless to you. So why bother?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
In a very real sense all of our "secrets" are public. They are not hard to find in the world of Google.

The real secret though is not something that can be communicated through words or writing alone. It's already there inside all of us and Masonry is just one way to help discover it. I don't think any Mason has ever been able to explain it to a brother. It is up to each to find it on his own.
Which is why I've been using the sig file I have for the last few months...

“Now that I possess the secret, I could tell it a hundred different and even contradictory ways. I don’t know how to tell you this, but the secret is beautiful, and science, our science, seems mere frivolity to me now. And anyway, the secret is not as important as the paths that led me to it. Each person has to walk those paths himself.”

— Jorge Luis Borges, “The Ethnographer”

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

It is no secret that the Church despises us, as we remain under an order of excommunication.

This is just the Catholic church right?

Also are the Italian (Vatican) freemasons corrupt?

I am not a freemason obviously but im interested, I am still trying to gain employment following redundancy, before I ask to join.

It is my belief that experience is more important than knowledge and I think thats what Masonic rituals convey from questions I have asked so far.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

This is just the Catholic church right?

The Church has somewhat softened its views on us, but not completely. There are several church organizations that are unfriendly to Masonry besides the RCC, including the Greek Orthodox and Lutheran - Missouri Synod.

Also are the italian freemasons corrupt?

The legitimate Italian Masons are just like us. Unfortunately, Italian Masonry has had its name tarnished by an illegitimate group called the P2 Lodge. The P2 Lodge is not Masonic, but many confuse them with us.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow Clown

i would have to agree

in this world today it seems that they have been infiltrate by an evil rogue sect it seems to me

and yes i believe its some one close to the top and have had that power for some time now

masons are good to a degree even tho they are secrete , thats probably for military advantage more than evil doings

but evil (what nation/religious/political/military/guild coup detat ,some indicate a 6 point star but ill leave it at...... that - the stars make a hidden bigger star nieblog.projo.com... ) hi ups some where have couped detat the higher rungs for sure

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Thanks for the information.

Can you clarify if this is an accurate article regarding the P2 lodge.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My father is a 33 degree freemason and i know for sure there is nothing bad about the freemasons! i know for sure the freemasons arent out there to rule the world they are here to help people! And being in the freemasons teach you how to be able to lead people it teaches you the important leadership skills that are helpful that is why you see so many politic people are freemasons

I am in a group called DeMolay which is the youth verison of the freemasons and yes even in demolay there are sceret rituals that im not aloud to say but i can tell you from my personal view that there is nothing bad there is no baby killings (what my friends think i do) there is nothing bad about anything that is so secretative in Freemasons!

Freemason and the DeMolay's are here to HELP PEOPLE NOT HERE TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!

It just bugs me that people think they are so bad casue i know from experience there is nothing bad about these organizations! They are here to help the community and the people they are able to help! and being in these organizations help teach the leadership skills need to try to help this world but its these lazy people in the world that sit on there butts all day and dont do anything that makes it hard for politicians to try and do their jobs!

and if you dont believe me i challenge you to join the Freemasons or any group related to the Freemasons so that you can actually see for yourself and not talk bad about it if you havent even seen how much good they actually do in this world! people always have to pick out the negative of everything!

Im 19 and im more mature than all you older people that think the Freemasons are out here to rule the world!! Why dont you grow up and open your eyes for once!!

P.S.: to people that think the freemasons are good just ignore my anger becasue people need to grow up and open their eyes!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

To best of my knowledge and belief, the article is reasonably accurate.

It should be noted as well that the P2 Lodge was originally chartered by the Grand Orient of Italy, which is itself non-recognized. The legitimate Masonic organization in Italy, the Regular Grand Lodge of Italy, has never been associated with the P2 Lodge, and is not associated with the Grand Orient of Italy.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

en.wikipedia.org...

To best of my knowledge and belief, the article is reasonably accurate.

It should be noted as well that the P2 Lodge was originally chartered by the Grand Orient of Italy, which is itself non-recognized. The legitimate Masonic organization in Italy, the Regular Grand Lodge of Italy, has never been associated with the P2 Lodge, and is not associated with the Grand Orient of Italy.

I see, so the whole thing was never anything related whatsover to the actual grand lodge.

Seems like a lot of people are tarring with the same brush due to lack of understanding.

I have been told however that masonic values can be used for bad things but you would only be betraying yourself and brothers. For a mans word is the most important if not the only thing he has on this earth and is his measure?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

There aren't any Vatican freemasons. They would have to excommunicate themselves!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well at least I raised a chuckle, I was not so sure if it were Italian or vatican, I had heard of the P2 Lodge but never looked into it.

Was just clearing up the facts as theres so much nonsense out there.

I guess thats as stupid a question as asking if the pope is a mason.

Doh!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join