It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich: Ill. officials are drunks, adulterers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This effing guy just wont go quietly into the night will he.

Here is the link to the story from MSNBC..www.msnbc.msn.com...

updated 1 hour, 53 minutes ago

CHICAGO - Ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich is lashing out at the Illinois lawmakers who removed him from office, calling them drunkards and adulterers who don't know how to do their jobs.

Just because he got caught and nobody stood in his corner to bail him out, now he making any claim that he can to stay in the headlines.

How does this guy even stay in the news cycle??

I'm sure that someone is already ghosting a book about this for him.

Some people never learn.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Blago is clearly a desperate man. I love this quote

"I've got my crayons ready, I'm ready to write it. I'd like to tell those stories," Blagojevich said during a Wednesday interview on WLS Radio's "The Don and Roma Morning Show."

I hope he has the deluxe 64 piece set of crayolas. Poor little Blago is going to throw sticks and stones and someone will respond to him with a silenced .22 to the head if he follows through on his threats. Chicagoland is complex city full of nefarious characters. If I were him I would mind my own business and take my medicine like a good boy.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

CHICAGO - Ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich is lashing out at the Illinois lawmakers who removed him from office, calling them drunkards and adulterers who don't know how to do their jobs.

That aint no lie.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I knew this was going to happen, since day one! You cant kick out a Corrupt politician without him bringing people down with him. Whats even funnier is, people dont believe him. Hell I believe him for the simple fact that you cant be corrupt all by yourself! Sorry it just doesnt work that way, I hope he names as many people as he can! The more people he names, the better for us! This is the one time you will ever hear me shout GO GET EM BLAGO! Take all those lying crook bastards with you.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I would not stand too close to the tainted Gov..

How could he not be a marked man. Politicians can generally get around the ravings of a sore looser but old Rod is making threats to expose men who have been unfaithful to their wives.

The threat of being outed concerning extramarital affairs is enough for some men to take severe actions to keep their tryst a secret.

If I were in his shoes I would disappear.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I knew this was going to happen, since day one! You cant kick out a Corrupt politician without him bringing people down with him. Whats even funnier is, people dont believe him. Hell I believe him for the simple fact that you cant be corrupt all by yourself! Sorry it just doesnt work that way, I hope he names as many people as he can! The more people he names, the better for us! This is the one time you will ever hear me shout GO GET EM BLAGO! Take all those lying crook bastards with you.

I know, Daley got on TV and called him crazy, gotta start trashing his credibility, so as not to drag Obama down with him.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Its very very sad. And we are supposed to be intelligent human beings.
People dont act on moral judgements anymore. If it interfers with their interests or their colleagues interests, then they trash it, no matter if they were right or not. Sad. This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I figured he'd start mouthing off. I'm wondering if we will see a 'suicide' of Blago. I'm sure all the Chicagoland corruptocrats are shaking in their boots.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Its very very sad. And we are supposed to be intelligent human beings.
People dont act on moral judgements anymore. If it interfers with their interests or their colleagues interests, then they trash it, no matter if they were right or not. Sad. This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Yup, hell in a hand basket.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I figured he'd start mouthing off. I'm wondering if we will see a 'suicide' of Blago. I'm sure all the Chicagoland corruptocrats are shaking in their boots.

They will pay him off rather then off him ,lol,

The later would be to obvious.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Blago Probe Hits City, O'Hare Deals
By
Carol Marin

February 12, 2009
BY CAROL MARIN, TIM NOVAK AND CHRIS FUSCO Staff Reporters

Federal authorities are investigating five construction companies that collectively have gotten hundreds of millions of dollars in construction work at O'Hare Airport under Mayor Daley, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

One question being looked at, sources said, is how the companies landed those city deals.

News of the probe comes two days after Daley lobbied Congress to pass President Obama's multibillion-dollar stimulus bill -- a package the mayor wants to include money for his O'Hare Modernization Program, which could cost as much as $15 billion.

The investigation appears to be an outgrowth of the probe of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, whose fund-raiser Christopher G. Kelly was a top roofing contractor at O'Hare. Kelly worked at O'Hare when John Harris was a top city aviation official. Harris, who later became Blagojevich's chief of staff, was arrested with Blagojevich on Dec. 9 on federal corruption charges.

Last week, Kelly and his BCI Commercial Roofing were charged with paying kickbacks to win work from United Airlines and American Airlines. On Wednesday, Kelly, 50, of Burr Ridge, and his company pleaded not guilty.

Now, sources say, investigators are looking at other O'Hare contractors with ties to Kelly and Blagojevich:

Now, sources say, investigators are looking at other O'Hare contractors with ties to Kelly and Blagojevich:
blogs.suntimes.com...

[edit on 122828p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
William Daley's political plans hit a detour

www.suntimes.com...

This is going to come back to haunt Obama, trust me.

dirty Chicago politics that went unnoticed in the national media.

This story of Patrick Daley feeding from the trough — or more properly, from the sewer — exemplifies the sweetheart deals that are typical of the political environment in which Senator Barack Obama rose. It rounds out the story of how each member of the family of Obama’s Illinois Senate mentor, Emil Jones, somehow manages to make big money from government salaries and contracts. It may evoke memories of the illegal pension-fund manipulation that landed Obama’s fundraiser, Tony Rezko, in federal prison — or of the millions in corporate welfare that Obama, as a state senator, showered upon Rezko and his other major donors in Chicago’s slum development business.

thedailyblogster.blogspot.com...

Daley refuses to release stimulus project list

newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...

Chicago real estate developer Valerie Jarrett, a close friend of the Obamas and a senior Jarrett, who once hired Michelle Obama to be her assistant when she was deputy chief of staff to Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley. "That's not possible anymore."

Jarrett, the other half of Obama's brain is now,a senior adviser to Obama.

Nasty, nasty little people,

According to the documents obtained by Judicial Watch from the Illinois Secretary of State, Valerie Jarrett served as a board member for several organizations that provided funding and support for Chicago housing projects operated by real estate developers and Obama financial backers Rezko and Allison Davis. (Davis is also Obama’s former boss.) Jarrett was a member of the Board of Directors for the Woodlawn Preservation and Investment Corporation along with several Davis and Rezko associates, as well as the Fund for Community Redevelopment and Revitalization, an organization that worked with Rezko and Davis.

(According to press reports, housing projects operated by Davis and Rezko have been substandard and beset with code violations. The Chicago Sun Times reported that one Rezko-managed housing project was “riddled with problems — including squalid living conditions…lack of heat, squatters and drug dealers.”)

As Chief Executive Officer of the Habitat Company Jarrett also managed a controversial housing project located in Obama’s former state senate district called Grove Parc Plaza. According to the Boston Globe the housing complex was considered “uninhabitable by unfixed problems, such as collapsed roofs and fire damage.

really, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to follow this trail of corruption, just in denial, to not see it.

[edit on 012828p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

join