It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're saved . . . we get money just like the banks do!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

The PTB would never let that happen.

Collectively, people in the US owe about $800 billion in credit card debt

Total U.S. credit card debt today is about one trillion dollars. U.S. households using credit cards have an average of $9,000 in credit card debt.

source

If you estimate that at an extremely conservative 10% APR (which equates to 0.000273972602739726 percent per day) that means the financial industry is earning approximately $200,000,000 per day in interest.

If you think they're going to let go of that cash cow . . . think again. They'll shoot every elected official that votes for any such measure first before they give up their greed-driven ever-accruing gains.

So, while we sit by and watch the greedy bastards get richer, our elected officials sit upon their leathery thrones, babble on for a few months about 'bailing out' and 'saving mainstreet' and all they can muster is about five hundred bucks per household all the while ensuring the financial sector continues to get theirs, so to speak.

I'm so absolutely pissed off at this point, words cannot express . . .

[edit on 12-2-2009 by GoalPoster]

Oh yeah - I completely agree with you. You can compare it to some sort of free energy - even if we know how to do it, the same PTB would never allow it. That's why I said it's a nice utopia.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As I recall, when there was a $600.00 stimulus check rolling down the pike a while back, Mrs. Obama rather sneered at
theanchoressonline.com...

“You’re getting $600. What can you do with that? Not to be ungrateful or anything. But maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn’t pay down every bill every month..

Barack’s approach is that the short-term quick fix kinda stuff sounds good. And it may even feel good that first month when you get that check. And then you go out and you buy a pair of earrings.”

daaang, how words come back to haunt

[edit on 022828p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Stimulous Package

700 Billion Dollars

How many people are on this planet? Just over 600 billion people

They could send a couple million to every person on the planet - problem solved!

What a joke!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Stimulous Package 700 Billion Dollars How many people are on this planet? Just over 600 billion people They could send a couple million to every person on the planet - problem solved! What a joke!

Much to correct here.

We'll go with the 700 billion dollars although it will be much more than that in the end.

There are only 6 billion people in the world, not 600 billion.

Even with 6 billion people in the world to divide 700 billion from, that would equal to 116 dollars and change to every person.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've stated in numerous posts across this website that this was roughly how much we were going to get.

I don't see what the big surprise is.

The government doesn't really want you to keep your money anyway. They want your money to fund more federal programs that waste and squander your money.

Tax cuts are a cost to government, at least that's how they see it. They don't care how hard you work for your money, all they care is that you are working to pay more taxes.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Am I the only person who finds it humorous that we give away money we SLAVE to make, and then we get SOOO EXCITED for a refund, a simple small percentage of the money WE GAVE AWAY?

And every dollar that we give, not even a penny of it goes to building or maintaining the infrastructure and services that we require and need everyday?

Yay!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Much to correct here.

We'll go with the 700 billion dollars although it will be much more than that in the end.

There are only 6 billion people in the world, not 600 billion.

Even with 6 billion people in the world to divide 700 billion from, that would equal to 116 dollars and change to every person.

Even then that is more than $13 dollars a person.

This is really stimulating my anger.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

This has been known for awhile though. I wish I had made a thread on it. I posted this info many times in other threads. It's really a waste of money.

Originally it was known to be 10 dollars for singles, 20 for married couples a week.

Now we have the 13/8 dollars scenario, but it's pretty much the same.

Congratulations everyone....you can eat at McDonalds once a week...but don't thank the government.

IT WAS YOUR MONEY ANYWAY.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Am I the only person who finds it humorous that we give away money we SLAVE to make, and then we get SOOO EXCITED for a refund, a simple small percentage of the money WE GAVE AWAY?

And every dollar that we give, not even a penny of it goes to building or maintaining the infrastructure and services that we require and need everyday?

Yay!

No.

Look around you,

You are in good company.

Now when you find a group that has some really viable solutions and are willing to stick their necks out to make it work.

Please get back to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have not filed taxes yet. Are we getting a stimilus payment as well? I am trying to get ready for Digital transition. I also was hoping to maybe buy some clothes. It would be nice to buy a nice business suit to go with my new degree! How in the world am I going to interveiw in an old man's dress shirt and old slacks?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Sorry no stimulus check, just an average of $13 a week IF you earn $500 per week. And that's only for 5 months or so.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Maybe you can use that extra $13 a week to hire an accountant to translate the huge and complicated tax codes to see if you get a stimulus check.

But in the end, I think he is going to just tell you that it is $13 a week.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
yea, that $13 a week is going to put food on my table, put gas into my tank(enough to go get food to put on my table before taxes).
WTF is wrong with these people? I am sick to my stomache, they might as well just bend us over, and give it to us without lube, a reach around, or even a little wink. Just take it all! you rapists!! Im sick of this crap. I really hope our nation tanks! I really do! I want them to lose everything they have!!! Cause we as the lower class people have already been losing out on everything! They are an insult to the human race and they need to be dealt with. No more sitting them down and asing them questions, Im talking about a good old fashioned Ass Whoopin!

well at least you have nice places like ATS to vent your frustration... to get it all out and psychologically simulate your rebellious actions, otherwise you'd actually do something about it.

... and we can't have that.

and HEY!

13$ a week is almost enough for two passages on the new toll rolls a day.
so quit whining!!

-

[edit on 12-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So . . . I'll get a total of about $500 this year to try and save my home.

How cool.

A friggin' salt marsh mouse in Pelosi land will get $30 million.

Mouseland

If'n that ain't enough to curl your burrito the wrong way, nothin' is.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Now you see how important you are in the eyes of the elite when you can compare your importance to something else.

Not a one-liner.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

How cool.

Mouseland

That's outrageous. We are on the verge of total economic collapse and they would earmark even one dollar for wildlife? I am an animal lover but that's just stupid.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

How cool.

Mouseland

YEAH, I just read about that, priceless,and they will be great carriers for the plague.

I swear something supernatural is afoot.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I have been following your post, David.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Don't feel too bad. I just learned through an appraisal that I've been losing $8,000 a month on my house.
I actually work everyday, where is my "bailout"?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Pfft!!!! That 13 bucks a week wont even cover the cost of feeding a starving family in a 3rd world country for one week!!

You do know the majority of poor families in most 3rd world countries live on less then $1 a day?

Im sure a starving family could of lived off those 13$ for a month

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Beltha]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join