It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're saved . . . we get money just like the banks do!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by leomurray
yeah if you buy food anywhere but mc donalds you have to goto the stockade lol

that made me LOL

But what if they want us to go to mickey d's and the food is tainted with blind follower drugs?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

then you eat the workers =X
two lines.

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Pay to WHO?
that is the little dirty secret. the government borrows from the FED. Fed creates the money from NOTHING. 80% of your US existing debt is between your government and the banks. Close all the banks (let them collapse!) , restart all the money system and never allow the FED to be private and you get 5 times less debt. Look at what Germany did after WW2. Before this , their notes used to look like this:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

then you eat the workers =X
two lines.

OH? K?

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
and one more - just for "fun" :

You can buy this with 15 Euro
.Maybe this is the kind of trillions Obama has in mind..

[edit on 12-2-2009 by sty]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

What do you think a person should do with (what little) money we do have in the bank now? Take it out and just hold it as cash? Convert to another currency?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

While that sound good, is up to the people in this nation to take that step and force this nations government to do that.

The only reason the Fed has been so successfully in raping this nations tax payer is because Americans are to happy with been screwed.

Start a revolution or a civil unrest and you will see the fat rats jumping the boat and running away.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

ROFLMAO!! oh my.
My bad, i read that wrong. hahahah.

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

well, depends on what you mean with "little" , it also depends on your circumstances too. I would invest in renewable energy (wind turbines, solar pannels etc) and food stocks. Also if the "little" is big enough , maybe buy a small car with faulty engine (that would be cheap to buy) and convert it to run on electricity.
The end ideea is to try to be as independent as possible. If the economy does not collapse , you can still use your investment for years to come !

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

I'm just talking a few thousand bucks. Do you think the banks will collapse? What about FDIC?

My son has 10K in stocks, about half what it was worth a year ago. He is stubbornly (imo) holding onto it because he said that is the problem people bailing out from fear, and that you have to "ride the wave" with stocks. I hate to see him lose every bit of it but I would not try to tell him what to do, he's 28 years old. I did hint around that I was concerned about it though.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Because the money supply is 'infinite' we should never expect to rely on its value blindly.

The Fed, in conjunction with its new field office, the Treasury, has slowly been playing the politicians the same way the politicians have been playing the population, via "FEAR."

I agree that before we can expect any meaningful support from our duly-elected public servants, we must see a tangible change in their culture. President Obama was truly on target denoted the need for change. However, whether that was a function of 'campaigning' or genuine remains to be seen.

The real problem is I believe, that many are resistant to the notion that the culture of our politicians CAN'T be changed until commercial exploitation in the name of corporate profit-taking is identified and isolated from the functions of political professionals.

Perhaps the change needs to be rooted in the political party structure as well as a reaffirmation of the cooperative interests of the States of the Union, as opposed to those of the mega-industrial interests who's corporate existence erases borders and boundaries in deference to profit margin.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They should just pay off everyone's CC debt - that would really jump start the economy:

- Banks will be fine 'cause they get all the cash back
- People will have tons of extra money (no more fat interest payments)
- People will be able to afford more - hence the economy goes up

Now, if something like that would be done, CCs should be destroyed along with it. Period. Eliminate the credit for good.

Nice utopia, huh?

Yeah, yeah I know, poeple knew what they got into, when they used their CCs as ATM - I know. Still, the above would solve a lot of problems IMHO.

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Sorry, I am not in a position to provide professional help with this , but I know a few things: the more money Obama will put in the system, the less valuable the US$ will be.

As a little example:
Money should represent wealth . Let say you have 10 apples. For each apple you have, you create a note - so every note represents one apple. Then you give those notes around to your friends, and they exchange those notes as they were real apples.

but at a point, they come to you and say " we need more notes, please help us" . Then you decide to print another 10 notes! But you have 10 apples only , and 20 notes. As a result , every note represints only a half on an apple.

Sure, this is a very simpliffied example.

I used to live in Romania ( going back to Romania within a few years) and I remember back in 1991-1993 we had inflation of 154 % a year . Not as bad as Zimbabwe , but still.. bad!

What I see now happening in the US , is a similar pattern. Creation of money will lead to inflation and decrease of economical performance.

My belief is that keeping US$ at the moment is not a very good choice due the high ammount of us$ to be created soon. Any currency good? not really , as US will drag down all the worlds economy.

as I said- maybe the best thing to do with 10 000 is to invest in resources that can be used for a long period of time.

If you have your own house , buy a wind turbine , a solar pannel etc. A new solar pannel can give you an output of 30 years of energy - so you store your money in a SAFE way. If you live close to the sea-side, wind-turbines are great investment !

A wind turbine will pay itself in 5 years , a solar pannel in 20. But at least it is not wasted!

[edit on 12-2-2009 by sty]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Gotta stop reading this stuff, every time I do the more ticked off I get. What scares me is that theirs probably people in DC that truly think they did a good thing with this. I mean in their eye's we're only the peasants they've giv'in us back crumbs so we should be happy little people.
What the "H" are they thinking! Oil's going down, yet strangely gas is shooting up, food prices are going up utilities keep going up and the have the to throw us a freaking $13 bone!! I'm with an earlier post they can take it an I've got a good idea what they can do with it.
Thanks guys for getting me wound back up again.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by sty

What do you think a person should do with (what little) money we do have in the bank now? Take it out and just hold it as cash? Convert to another currency?

I thought we were going to Micky D's?

You buy'in?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

ROFLMAO!! oh my.
My bad, i read that wrong. hahahah.

LOL
I like you common.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Yes I see your point and that is a very good way to describe it.

I hear you can buy a house that two years ago sold for half million, today can buy for $100,000 - 150,000. But if inflation goes sky high, the payment would be about the same. I remember what you are talking about in 1990. A friend of mine bought a little one bedroom condo, with 23% interest rate. She paid more for it, a lot more, than renting a one bedroom condo.

Obama has already stated that we can re-elect a different guy in four years, even HE is coming down to earth now.

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I am not a religious person but this reminds me of Revelation 18 in the Bible:

11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

Is this an ancient way of explaining an economical collapse? or this already happened in the 30s.. interesting anyway

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by sty

I thought we were going to Micky D's?

You buy'in?

Sure, my treat, the sky's the limit from the dollar menu. We may need to start getting used to the idea of just getting something in our stomachs to call off the dogs.

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

In my opinion, Obama did not understand the situation very well. He was so enthusiastic with winning against Hillary , then the US elections that he did not manage to notice how the things go. I wish him good luck, you really need a genius to fix this mess. No country will be unaffected by this as the US is too big to sink unnoticed ..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join