It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're saved . . . we get money just like the banks do!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They can take my $13 a week and choke on it.

All of them, each one of the dirty scum who voted for this bill to pass can take my share and choke on it.

I don't want their money.

I want them to stop raising my taxes and finding new ways to screw me over in every area of my life.

I want them to butt out and leave me the hell alone.

They can keep their filthy money, I don't want it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Obama needs to either put himself in the shoes of the common folk, or resign.

The Republicans are the ones who insisted on so much of the bill going for tax cuts. So, we can thank the forced bipartisanship for this $13 a week. I would have rather seen the $282 Billion (a whopping 35% of the bill!) go to infrastructure and jobs (yes, spending!) than these measly tax cuts. It's a total waste of 1/3 of the bill.

And we'll all have plenty of time to decide how to spend it (hmmm... jets or diamonds?) because we won't see it until June.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
When hyperinflation sets in this $ won't buy a roll of toilet paper. Kinda makes one feel like Uncle Sam ought be renamed - Uncle Scrooge.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That is so true, while the Republicans as usual have to protect their preferred groups the wealthiest in the nation, they are trying to keep the common American happy with a miserable 13 dollars a week.

While the wealthiest in the nation benefits the most.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Remember, this tax-concession is no 'gift.'

Our taxes are property of the Fed. ALL of that money is for them. So really the 'tax-break' is a reduction in our installment payments on the Fed's loans to us. Remember that? We pay them interest for the privilege of using THEIR reserve notes (IOUs).

The beginning of any economic power this country needs is in restoring the constitutional responsibility of monetary policy and creation BACK to congress.

After all those hearings I noticed one thing. The utter 'look the other way' manner in which no one asked why this private for-profit corporation has a monopoly on currency in our country. They directly control inflation and deflation by manipulating the currency supply and thus change the economic power of the American people at their convenience. By virtue of their transnational cartel membership, they can exploit EVERY financial crisis they manufacture. And I GUARANTEE they ARE PROFITING right NOW!

Their commitment to the American 'economic stability' is a lie. They have NO risk! They ALWAYS get payed back, and they don't profess loyalty to the nation before the corporation they serve.

America MUST have her sovereignty. Economic manipulation by transnational corporate interests is what brought us to this juncture, and what will keep us here, until such time as they feel they are endangering future profit.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The Republicans are the ones who insisted on so much of the bill going for tax cuts.

Great way to make this a partisan issue once again BH.

Obama and the Democrats had every vote necessary to push this piece of crap through without a single Republican vote, but they wouldn't.

They insisted on bi-partisanship because they didn't want to take the full blame for this monstrosity.

And by the way, those 3 RINO's who voted for this bill....the Democrats can have them.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

This is so interesting, Maxmar, I remember a few years back when I posted my first in deep thread on how corporations has take America.

I got so many bad input against my OP from members supporting capitalism and occurs corporations is not funny.

Now I can not find any single thread here that will support the corporate take out any longer.

I wonder sometimes. . . why some people are more prone to see what others can not, and why it takes so long for those that can not see to finally see it all.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Wow . . . I guess all this talk of economic stimulus and the bickering back and forth between the Democrats and Republicans really has given us some measure of benefit,

... a whole $676 a year.

well... along with a lot of other 'crumbs' such as rehabilitating buildings
if your employed in that line of work...

is the Idea is that the congress can say 'we gave you all a piece of the pie'
(so, shaddup & quit complaining).

because they all know that reflating the broken economy won't work,
neither will trying to create a new, jointly private-public & gov't backed
toxic asset market... with both buyers & sellers trying to arbitrage the
1% difference in market & gov't insurance... It Too will not have legs.

Reminder; to whom-it-may-concern:
I restate the offer i made to the fed & treasury/Gov't employees & appointees, who may have aides regularly visit sites like ATS to guage opinions & levels of resistance...or venture economists, etc...

For a mere $1,000,000. (million in bullion/coin or gold equities)
i will explain how to make the credit freezing toxic assets into viable paper

[edit on 12-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

With the wage I make, my share will be about 50 cents/ wk.

NOT that I'm complaining, or anything...the wage I earn is my choice.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Great way to make this a partisan issue once again BH.

Just mentioning a party doesn't mean I'm making it partisan. I was stating a fact.

For what it's worth, I blame Obama for it. He should have made a bill that he wanted and run with it. But he had to be bipartisan. He picked the wrong battle, in my opinion. But he's determined to play bipartisan with a bunch of people who will die before they join in the game. I'm all for bipartisanship, but when it's so clear that the Republicans don't want any part of it, I think Obama should just take off with his own agenda and forget about them. Leave them in the dust. But he doesn't want them fighting him all the way and he has some idea that they'll "come around". He's more patient than I am.

They insisted on bi-partisanship because they didn't want to take the full blame for this monstrosity.

Obama has already said that if it fails, he is to blame. So that's BS. He insisted on bipartisanship because he's trying to change the way things are done in Washington.

I agree with you on this, I don't want their stupid $13 a week.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

he's trying to change the way things are done in Washington.

But he isn't. Not even close.

Bipartisanship isn't the way to change how things are done in Washington.

Somebody actually standing up for what the really believe in and having the guts to fight for it would be change.

I agree with you on this, I don't want their stupid $13 a week.

Well, at least we agree on something.

But to be clear, it's not because it's only $13 a week that I don't want it. If they were proposing $130 a week I wouldn't want it.

Not this way.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

he's trying to change the way things are done in Washington.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! because when it comes to Washington and the way politics has been run before him he is powerless even as a president and a radical he will not become without repercussions.

I will keep Obama but I would fire every single rat right now that roams the hall of congress including the entire house and senate.

They are nothing but recycle trash.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

THREE WEEKS! He's been up to his eyeballs for 3 weeks and it's "not even close" to proving to people that he's doing well... :shk: What the hell's he waiting for?

I can't believe the short-sightedness in our society today.

Bipartisanship isn't the way to change how things are done in Washington.

Everyone's an expert. The truth is we don't know what's going to happen and we CAN'T know until we get there. I know you don't want to give him a fair chance, I know you don't want the parties to work together, but some of us do.

Somebody actually standing up for what the really believe in and having the guts to fight for it would be change.

No it wouldn't! We tried that experiment. For the past 8 years. That's how we got here. The 2 party system sucks! And not just because we don't have a decent choice during the vote. But because most of our money we use to pay the government is wasted with them fighting each other. If they actually learned (over the next 4 years) how to work together and compromise, we might really benefit with them getting A LOT more done.

Of course, that would be "change".

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I can't believe the short-sightedness in our society today.

This has nothing to do with being short sighted. I can make a decision based of those 3 weeks if I want to.

It's the way things have gone so far I'm basing that decision on, not some predetermined negativity that you think I harbor.

I know you don't want to give him a fair chance, I know you don't want the parties to work together, but some of us do.

I have given him a fair chance, and so far his administration has produced nothing of value. All we have to show for it is a massive spending bill.

And the parties working together means nothing if they are both wrong. All we get then is twice the stupidity.

If they actually learned (over the next 4 years) how to work together and compromise, we might really benefit with them getting A LOT more done.

Maybe, but everything that would be done would be completely wrong and unnecessary, much like what we are seeing now.

Like I said, if both sides are wrong, what good does it do for them to compromise?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Jesus, Havent any of you gotten past this stupid "Republican is at fault, Democrat is at fault" BS!?
You obviously dont see the bigger picture here....

WE ARE ALL GETTING SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not just democrats! Not just repubs! ALL OF US!
And we are letting them just by fighting each other!

God people, stop this stupid bickering over party lines, this isnt the campain anymore, you dont have to be so die hard anymore.
Get over it, and demand that your government pay for their actions and inactions.
I dont care if you are a liberal in love or if you are a repulican in hate.
The reason we are in this mess in the first place is because of left and right, not right and wrong.

Fact of the matter is this..... Obama is our president now..... Not next year, not last year, hes our president now...and anything that happens on his watch, happens on his watch....Nobody elses! He ran for the job, he took it, he said he will fix it, he knows the consequences, hes a grown ass man! So stop making excuses for him, and stop making excuses against him. If he fails, he fails. If he succeeds, he succeeds.

But I will tell you what, in the future, when things get really bad, and you cant feed your children, it will be too late to get your heads out of your ass. Demand answers! Demand accountability! Dont fight each other, when you do, they win. You shouldnt be fighting each other, you should be fighting the problems! And until you fix your problems, they will always be able to get away with theirs!

Sorry for the rant, im just getting sick of this crap, people are driving me crazy.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I know this is supposed to be funny so why am I crying?

I am not trying to be a party pooper.

I can see the humor. I really can see it.

It is just that I can't feel it and it makes me sad.

Maybe the only thing we can do is laugh through the tears.

I'm trying. I really am trying.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Unfortunately I think you're right.

This spending bill will go through one way or the other, and it will hurt....badly. Especially when the hyperinflation rolls around and the crappy government jobs it creates fall apart.

We can't stop it.

All we can do is try to brace ourselves the best we can and wait it out.

There are rough times ahead I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

goodie, yuppie, we are saved.

odd number 13.

What will I buy, a rabbits foot maybe?

occult use but 3,7,9,11,13,18,28,33,39,77 and 666 or any multiple of these numbers have special meaning to the Freemasons and the Illuminati.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Oh yea.
Very rough times.
I hope you have on your boots.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by leomurray
yeah if you buy food anywhere but mc donalds you have to goto the stockade lol

Since you mentioned eating out, I wonder has anyone else noticed when they go out to eat lunch, or dinner for that matter, that the restaurants/fast food places have about half as many people as say 3 months ago? I almost never cook, eat at same places regularly and can now almost every time be the only person in the drive-thru, or if going inside, at least half the restaurant is empty. Am I making something out of nothing or have others noticed this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join